Draft Talk Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Very Stable Genius

#WeLostOurKarlssons
Jan 3, 2005
Chicago
I'm not concerned about Konecny size, speed or skill. I'm concerned that he leaves himself too open to get rocked. In the NHL this is going to get magnified 10x.

burf

Mar 27, 2012
Yes, that is exactly what the video showed. Going based off the information that we have, Roy could not name his mentor when asked. I'm not going to speculate on potential stress issues, mental issues or anything else that we don't know. I'm saying, going based off what we know and saw, he did not know his mentor's name. And that's really sketchy.

The video was also kind of strangely edited, in a way that made it seem like they were leaving a lot of context out. The whole sequence was a weird thing to include, that's for sure. I'm not sure why the team would do it.

Also the other prospects being interviewed in that video don't inspire a lot of confidence. They're all big, slow, not very good at scoring, and "gritty". Not exactly what this team needs.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Probably 5 years is best bet. He has a LONG way to go. Same time frame as Rundblad, basically, although, Rundblad was a lot better in his draft year. But Kylington is at least relatively advanced physically.

He's a project. Worth a gamble in the early 2nd, but I wouldn't use a 1st on him.

5 years? That is a long time for a guy that was once a top 5 prospect, and is still projected to go late 1st early 2nd. I was thinking more like 2 or 3

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Let's go with Svechnikov and Guryanov, get some elite Russian talent on this team.

Guryanov may be a Top 10 talent in this Draft. Getting him would be outstanding.

Getting both Guryanov and Svechnikov could change our Top 6 within 2 years. Be fun to watch with Zibanejad in the middle.

I'd also look at Dunn with that 2nd 1st if these guys are gone. Senyshyn and Bracco with the 2nds if we can. There are others, but these would be great.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
5 years? That is a long time for a guy that was once a top 5 prospect, and is still projected to go late 1st early 2nd. I was thinking more like 2 or 3

John McFarland was once a top 5 player in his draft year. Guys that drop like he and Kylington did throughout the season rarely end up being good choices.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site

Rundblad was 16th overall, which is earlier than Kylington likely goes. Rundblad also developed in Europe VERY quickly, becoming one of the top players there by the time he was 20. It is doubtful Kylington develops at the same rate. And then you have the adjustment to NA ice, which is harder on d-men.

It might be 4 years, or it might be 6 years. But you don't count on him becoming a regular earlier than that.

Look back 4 years ago to the 2011 draft at d-men picked between 20-40 and you get an idea. None of Morrow, Percy, Mayfield or Clendening are NHL regulars, and might not be NHL regulars this coming season either. D take a long time, unless you rush them. And that usually doesn't turn out for the best either.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
18 Zboril
21 Guryanov

Both project well as NHLers

2nd Round

42 Dermott
48 Hintz

be a fantastic Draft

if Beauvillier is around at 42 we take him. and take a D like Rasmus Andersson at 48

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad