Draft Prediction Thread

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
The more I think about it the more I want the Flyers to grab Merkley. He apparently has some off-ice or attitude issues, which I am ok with they can be worked on. I was listening to NHL radio this morning and apparently he is a couple team's "do not draft list" while at the same time he is on a couple team's lists of being a top five talent in the draft because of his offense, vision, skating, and hockey IQ, but he needs to improve on his defensive skills. He isn't my top choice at our current picks, but I would be happy to get him, especially if they can somehow get him by trading back into the first or early second.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
The more I think about it the more I want the Flyers to grab Merkley. He apparently has some off-ice or attitude issues, which I am ok with they can be worked on. I was listening to NHL radio this morning and apparently he is a couple team's "do not draft list" while at the same time he is on a couple team's lists of being a top five talent in the draft because of his offense, vision, skating, and hockey IQ, but he needs to improve on his defensive skills. He isn't my top choice at our current picks, but I would be happy to get him, especially if they can somehow get him by trading back into the first or early second.

there is not enough there to warrant taking that risk. So lets say he hits, does he play on the pp over ghost, sanheim, provy? If he doesn't play pp then you aren't maximizing his value and you are taking away his best asset. I for about 10 minutes entertaining drafting him until i saw 1 games of his. The effort he exudes on defense is just pathetic. Just looks totally disinterested. He is going to have to completely change his game if he is ever going to play in the nhl

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
This is so true and depressing

Out of Sanheim, Provorov, Konecny, Rubtsov, Patrick, and Frost, Frost was the only big surprise, and he might have been the best pick (not best player) out of all of them.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
there is not enough there to warrant taking that risk. So lets say he hits, does he play on the pp over ghost, sanheim, provy? If he doesn't play pp then you aren't maximizing his value and you are taking away his best asset. I for about 10 minutes entertaining drafting him until i saw 1 games of his. The effort he exudes on defense is just pathetic. Just looks totally disinterested. He is going to have to completely change his game if he is ever going to play in the nhl
The attitude probe can be worked on. If we had one pick we needed to hit on I would be on the same page as you, but we have two firsts and a good pipeline of prospects. If he hits and he is an offensive dynamo he'll play on the pp and if Provolone and Sanheim and Ghost are also good enough for pp 1 time that's a problem I'm happy to have. By the time he's an NHL regular worthy of pp 1 time the team will look very different and as much as we love Ghost, Provolone, etc., who knows what or where they'll be in a few years.

Merkley is not a home run and he's not a sure thing and he has warts, but the kid can play and I would take the gamble, especially if he falls and we can get him late first or early second somehow.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Out of Sanheim, Provorov, Konecny, Rubtsov, Patrick, and Frost, Frost was the only big surprise, and he might have been the best pick (not best player) out of all of them.

True enough. I chose my words poorly. The idea of that is depressing is probably more accurate.

SanBlom

Jan 29, 2008
St Peters
Want: Trade up for Zadina if he slips a little.

Expect:
I have no clue this year but I think Lundestrom and mini Kjell could be targets at 14 and 19.

I also think they will have interest in Dellandrea, Woo, and Obrien if they move around (late first/early second).

Right there. He seemed like a Flyers guy to me. I like it.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad