Draft Prediction Thread

Patrick Division

Jan 13, 2008
NJ
Predict the first 2 picks and win $20.
Predict a trade and the first 2 picks or a trade up and the 1 pick and win $50.
*Only open to Flyers fans or other teams fans who post here occasionally.
Just for fun you can post who you want them to pick before you post who you think they pick.

Who I want...

14- Denisenko
19- Bokk

I just want super high upside picks.

Who I think they will pick...

14- Kravtsov
19- Lundestrom

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I want them to draft:

14. Joel "Huckleberry" Farabee
19. Bergsie

I think they will draft:

14. Kaut
trade down to pick up a second/seconds and take
28. Kjell Jr.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
I want (realistic):

14: Farabee/Kravstov
19: Berggren

I want (unrealistic)
14: Boqvist
19: Kravstov/Farabee/Berggren

What I expect:
14: Kravstov
19: Lundestrom

SanBlom

Jan 29, 2008
St Peters
Want: Trade up for Zadina if he slips a little.

Expect:
I have no clue this year but I think Lundestrom and mini Kjell could be targets at 14 and 19.

I also think they will have interest in Dellandrea, Woo, and Obrien if they move around (late first/early second).

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I'm getting Morgan Frost Outta Nowhere vibes from Liam Foudy.

I predict we take him at 19 or trade back a few spots and take him.

-i want Kravtsov and Berggren out of the 1st round

He certainly fits the late-riser profile and Hextall has the balls to make a pick like that in the teens where other teams a few spots ahead of him might not.

Reactions: Morinisbear

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
What kind of skills does this Liam guy have?
Maybe the best speed in the draft

Edit: NHL Central Scouting says: Strong skater with good speed and quickness to be on top of plays and getting to where he needs to be – good hockey sense to make effective choices / decisions moving the puck – has the puck skills to execute passing plays and get the shot – very good game getting to the net to generate or be open on play for chances – consistent work ethic to play a two way game and he’s effective on the forecheck to get to loose pucks first – a young Knights player who has shown glimpses of having the ingredients of an NHL prospect.

Last edited:
Reactions: Morinisbear

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
I have a bad record at predicting the draft and may as well go a little off board... predicting they take Veleno (who drops) at #14 and Bode Wilde with pick #19.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
I'm not going to do a full mock, because this draft after the first 3 picks is just a crap shoot.

So i will just focus on a few players and our picks.

As an organization we have a few weaknesses that I would like to see us address this draft. One is an nhl caliber goalie. I do not forsee us fixing that issue this draft but we need a legit bridge to Hart, and we need to foster an environment where Hart does not feel the weight of the organization on his shoulders which i fear is beginning to happen.

The other weakness is overall speed. We look to have our top 2 centers in place for the next 10 years hopefully. But neither one is going to be confused with being a plus plus skater. Neither are slow, coots has done a remarkable job of becoming an average skater in this league and that is not an insult. Patrick i see as an above average. IF we went by Pronman's 2o-80 scale. 50 is average, 60 is above average, and 70 is top 5 percent in the league. 80 is reserved for generational. Coots would be a solid 50, patrick about a 55. Frost could be a 60 . Those are very good numbers but also below average for the nhl. Speed really is the name of the game.

So while we can't improve the speed of our centers, Lets try to improve the speed of the players around them. The forward skating prospects to me that intrigue me based solely on their speed would be denisenko, Noel, Kupari, here is a list of Pronman's best skaters in teh draft
  1. Quinn Hughes, D (No. 5)
  2. Liam Foudy, C (No. 47)
  3. Rasmus Kupari, C (No. 12)
  4. Jesse Ylonen, RW (No. 14)
  5. Ryan McLeod, C (No. 26)
  6. Sampo Ranta, LW (No. 52)
  7. Ryan Merkley, D (No. 10)
  8. Noah Dobson, D (No. 20)
  9. Bode Wilde, D (No. 19)
  10. Jakub Lauko, LW (No. 69)
This is why a guy like kupari is high on my list. He is a good sized, fast center in a draft without great centers.

Best puck handlers
  1. Rasmus Dahlin, D (No. 1)
  2. Dominik Bokk, RW (No. 8)
  3. Filip Zadina, LW (No. 3)
  4. Ruslan Iskhakov, RW (No. 16)
  5. Adam Boqvist, D (No. 7)
  6. Jesperi Kotkaniemi, C (No. 4)
  7. Grigori Denisenko, LW (No. 13)
  8. Rasmus Kupari, C (No. 12)
  9. Logan Hutsko, RW (No. 42)
  10. Kirill Marchenko, RW (No. 18)
here pronman ranks the besst puckhandlers . This is where my interest in denisenko comets from. As you also can see Kupari makes another appearance.

Now we could be safe and draft a guy like Farabee who in my opinion will play in the nhl. But i do not see a top 6 player, he really lacks speed at 160 lbs. And quite frankly if you can't beat players to the outside at 160 you're not going to beat them at 185 which should be his playing weight. Farabee represents to me a very safe pick, and for an organization that has been aggressive with taking high ceiling prospects ( Sanheim, LInblom, Frost, Ratcliffe, and Ghost) . I feel like drafting Farabee would be the antithesis of the philosphy we have successfully employed recently . INstead why not take a chance on an elite skating 6'2'' center that has great hands. To me that is a guy you gamble on all day everyday. And really i could see a coach coming in transitioning him to wing and simplyfiying his game and really evolve.

That is why at 14. THe guys i am interest is number 1. Boqvist. if he slips trade up and get him, 2 Kravstov. im a fan. after that i am ok with Denisenko, Kupari, and veleno. at 19 i am warming up to the idea of K'andre Miller. If we go with boqvist i'd prefer a forward at 19.

Who i specifically don't want. wilde, farabee at 14, and ty smith

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
With the draft finally here I have made my final picks all with the caveat of "depending on who else is available." I would like Veleno or Farabee at 14 Berggren at 19 (or Farabee/Veleno if they are still there). Really there are about ten other guys that I would be psyched about (aside from the guys that are consensus top ten that obviously I would live, I would be thrilled to get any combination of Widle, Merkley, Kupari, Kaut, Noel, Miller, Bokk, Hayton, and Kravstov). If we traded back that list would expand too. There are very few situations that I would be bummed after tonight, and it would pretty much mean we would have to pass on Veleno, Farabee, and Berggren at 14 and 19. If they are all gone at 14, I still would be happy with a combo of the others, and it would mean we'd probably get someone that fell as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad