Draft position - Tank/Win? Upcoming Schedule, etc.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Where did "Fail for Nail" get Edmonton? We need to do whatever we can to get this squad to the best place going forward with all the young kids on the team. If it means picking 6th instead of 2nd in a draft with no headliners, so be it.

Murf

Apr 10, 2007
WESTSIDE(of Gilbert)
I'm not lobbying for the tank. I just find it amusing that this team can be so, so bad when it mattered, and then look pretty ok once the season is effectively over. They are playing well enough that Chayka could be sifting through the leftovers of the 1b draft tier.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
My lottery simulator...

Dallas Stars
Arizona Coyotes
New Jersey Devils

So outside of the top 2 I am most interested in Vilardi, Glass, Liljegren, and Valimaki.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
In the draft, I want us to draft the most electric player available regardless of any holes in his game.

We have plenty of good players. We need an electric player and I think we should keep swinging, even if we miss on a few, until we hit one out of the park.

plgilbert

Apr 10, 2012
Quebec city
In the draft, I want us to draft the most electric player available regardless of any holes in his game.

We have plenty of good players. We need an electric player and I think we should keep swinging, even if we miss on a few, until we hit one out of the park.

I'm pretty sure that Keller is gonna be that electric player though but I do think they need to draft the BPA at their position and not draft for need like they did in Strome case.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona

You should look up this Keller guy. He was drafted last year, can't remember by who. Think Domi, but more offensively talented. Pretty electric.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
So now we need our Malkin for our Crosby (or visa versa)
Their names are McDavid, Eichel and Matthews and the Coyotes already ****ed that up. If we're lucky Strome will pan out but he's not going to be anywhere near Malkin much less Crosby. Everyone likes to compare him to Joe Thornton because of the similar non-flashy but decidedly productive style but even that is probably wishful thinking. Production wise I think he lands somewhere between Mikko Koivu and Eric Staal.

pfp

Sep 4, 2007
LA is currently on the outside looking in. Who are they chasing, St Louis. We still play St Louis 3x and LA once. Good opportunity to play spoiler for them.

Rink Rage

May 2, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Where did "Fail for Nail" get Edmonton? We need to do whatever we can to get this squad to the best place going forward with all the young kids on the team. If it means picking 6th instead of 2nd in a draft with no headliners, so be it.

This is so irrational. In today's in NHL you build the team through the draft. Doing that becomes that much easier with the 1st overall pick. The season is over, there's nothing else to play for.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
This is so irrational. In today's in NHL you build the team through the draft. Doing that becomes that much easier with the 1st overall pick. The season is over, there's nothing else to play for.

I disagree. There is no McDavid, Eichel or Matthews in this draft. Any one of the top 12 or so could be a game changer, or a bust for that matter. Better to get the team on the right path going into next year. Also, with the new system, the benefits of finishing 2nd over 3rd are less than before.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
Their names are McDavid, Eichel and Matthews and the Coyotes already ****ed that up. If we're lucky Strome will pan out but he's not going to be anywhere near Malkin much less Crosby. Everyone likes to compare him to Joe Thornton because of the similar non-flashy but decidedly productive style but even that is probably wishful thinking. Production wise I think he lands somewhere between Mikko Koivu and Eric Staal.

I'll gladly settle for a Keller/Strome/Dvorak trio that works out along the lines of a Giroux, a Sedin and a Stepan.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I'll gladly settle for a Keller/Strome/Dvorak trio that works out along the lines of a Giroux, a Sedin and a Stepan.
Absolutely and I think that's a fair expectation but technically it still needs to actually happen and you know...Coyotes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad