Draft Poll: Who do you want at 18th overall?

Gsus

MVP
Feb 20, 2014
Pori, Finland
Bellows, Rubtsov, Jones. Would like to see them drafting a winger but I guess it's never bad to have C's. Rubtsov is a poor mans McDavid imo.

If we look at what Hexy has said, big goal scoring wingers and obviously speed needs to be added, Jones is pretty obvious there.

tymed

Jun 11, 2007
British Columbia
Bellows by far, then Bean, Mcleod.... I don't imagine getting any of them but I'd be just as happy to land Gauthier as the latter two. Then I'd go with Kunin or Jones.

Brigid1011*

Rubstov
Kunin
Bellows

would like us to also try and obtain another late first or early second and draft Dahlen

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
I went with Jones. I saw the London Knights 31 times this year and Jones stood out. He was superb when a good chunk of the team was gone to the WJC and showed he can carry a team. People talk about discipline problems and his high penalty minutes, but he plays a physical game and a lot of the calls against him were borderline calls. He's a tough guy to play against. If he were on any other club in the OHL, he'd be a point per game player. He's got a goal scorer's touch and he's good defensively. With Marner, Dvorak and Tkschuk fine grin next treats team, Jones will become the top left winger and get significant power play time. His point totals should sky rocket as a result.

Les Averman

Mar 3, 2015
Pittsburgh, PA
Bellows & McLeod would be my two overwhelming favorites. Rubstov would probably be third, followed by Jones.

Not much about Kunin's game really intrigues me from what I've seen. Other than his size, there isn't anything about his game that jumps out at me and screams first round pick.

I love McLeod's speed, and he'd almost immediately give us a legitimate 3rd line centerman who can play in all situations, with 2nd line upside. The skating is there, the size is there (although he could fill out a bit) and the vision is there. The shot isn't as bad as some make it out to be, and I'll be really interested to see what he can do if he learns how to set people up more consistently with the speed.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Not much about Kunin's game really intrigues me from what I've seen. Other than his size, there isn't anything about his game that jumps out at me and screams first round pick.

His size? He's not even 6'0. Are you confusing him with someone else?

tuckrr

Nov 28, 2008
Julien Gauthier! He'd be our biggest forward as a rookie. He can skate, mix it up, and score. This team used to have speed and size on the wings, what happened?

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Bellows, Bean, Fabbro.

I don't care that the Flyers are loaded on D - these would be the 3 I target, if available. If they miss out on Bellows and one of those D are there - take them.

Les Averman

Mar 3, 2015
Pittsburgh, PA
His size? He's not even 6'0. Are you confusing him with someone else?

Whoops - was thinking of Tufte's size, which actually lessens my opinion of Kunin further, since I completely forgot he's only 6 feet tall. I just don't see it, but I also haven't watched anywhere as much of him as I'm sure some others have.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
People say nothing stands out about Kunin, but to me his shot release stands out. Lightning quick.

Mjoedgaard

Jul 4, 2013
I went with Jones. I saw the London Knights 31 times this year and Jones stood out. He was superb when a good chunk of the team was gone to the WJC and showed he can carry a team. People talk about discipline problems and his high penalty minutes, but he plays a physical game and a lot of the calls against him were borderline calls. He's a tough guy to play against. If he were on any other club in the OHL, he'd be a point per game player. He's got a goal scorer's touch and he's good defensively. With Marner, Dvorak and Tkschuk fine grin next treats team, Jones will become the top left winger and get significant power play time. His point totals should sky rocket as a result.

I would love a skilled LW who can also be a pest. We have seen it with Simmonds and Hartnell. We have seen it with Richard when he was here and also saw it with Nick Cousins.

If a skill player can be a pest, it adds something.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad