Draft Lottery

Sabrefan99

Jun 22, 2014
Just played the draft simulator and the Sabres won the second pick, but Edmonton won the lottery...I’m not sure I like that. The idea of another top pick going there rubs me the wrong way.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
Bump....

We look like we could be drafting around 6-12.

Who do people like? Alex Turcotte would be awesome but years away. I can't see a player in the 5-10 range that will step in and help right away.

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
This team needs a centre today. There isn’t a centre in this draft who will help this team become a playoff team next year. Take BPA, whoever we think it is.

Reactions: Techno Allah

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
We are going to need a center 3 years from now too.
We have our 1C in Jack. Our 2C should be Mittelstadt in 3 years. Asplund projects as a 2/3C and at his rate should hit the NHL in 2 more years. We need scoring wingers, physical wingers, and defense. I’m not saying we should neglect centres, but we shouldn’t be passing on someone who we feel is BPA just to grab a center.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
We need at least another 1st or 2nd overall to make this rebuild work. Drafting 8th overall isn't going to cut it.
2006 Jordan Staal (2)
2005 Sydney Crosby (1)
2004 Evegeny Malkin (2)
2003 Mark-Andre Fleury (1)
2002 Ryan Whitney (5)

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
We have our 1C in Jack. Our 2C should be Mittelstadt in 3 years. Asplund projects as a 2/3C and at his rate should hit the NHL in 2 more years. We need scoring wingers, physical wingers, and defense. I’m not saying we should neglect centres, but we shouldn’t be passing on someone who we feel is BPA just to grab a center.
I'm watching Stamkos, Malkin, Backstrom, Tavares occupy this slot for our competition night after night, and doing so makes me say, wrt the bold,

I'll believe it when I see it

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
I'm watching Stamkos, Malkin, Backstrom, Tavares occupy this slot for our competition night after night, and doing so makes me say, wrt the bold,

I'll believe it when I see it
Okay, doesn’t change the fact that we should already have our 2C of the future so when looking at who to draft and what position they should be(which shouldn’t be a factor) Center isn’t exactly a dire need like the other poster made it seem.

Yes we need a 2C TODAY. Drafting one 6th overall in june will not make our Center depth good enough to make the playoffs. If Bowen Byram is still there, ideally, I personally, would take him over Newhook.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
I hope we start drafting some highly skilled guys reguardless if they are small like Marner and Debrincat who seem to drop in the draft just because of their size.

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
Okay, doesn’t change the fact that we should already have our 2C of the future so when looking at who to draft and what position they should be(which shouldn’t be a factor) Center isn’t exactly a dire need like the other poster made it seem.

Yes we need a 2C TODAY. Drafting one 6th overall in june will not make our Center depth good enough to make the playoffs. If Bowen Byram is still there, ideally, I personally, would take him over Newhook.
I completely agree with this assessment wrt the draft. None of these kids are helping us anytime soon. I hope we actually take note of that when we make roster moves this offseason for a change

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad