Draft Lottery - Update: We're picking 6th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puckrobber

Backup Netminder
Feb 28, 2016
Central Oklahoma
Disappointed that it wasn't a Top 3 pick, but, not overly sad with 6th. Being a new team, we should be able to get a good solid player who will grow with the team, and be a positive influence on future Knight draft picks.

I feel better being at 6th, as a new team, than being Colorado or Vancouver at their respective slots. They both had horrible seasons, and were looking forward to adding a top-notch prospect, only to lose 3 spots, and have to choose from a lower tier of players. :cry:

My other team, the Kings, are picking 11th, and that's OK too. They seem to have good luck choosing players from that area of the Draft.

airbus220

Feb 19, 2012
Ok, it's #6, should have expected it from the start then there's no disappointment.

I think this lottery system is not very good.

cramdizzl

cram it
Jan 5, 2012
Western NY
Vegas got absolutely hosed. Should've had 1st overall from the start...

...and the NHL retains the title of worst run pro sports league

wsoxfan1214

May 1, 2011

I'm hoping to see Vegas do very well next year, but having an expansion draft AND getting the first overall guaranteed would be absurd. Are you kidding me?

Murf

Apr 10, 2007
WESTSIDE(of Gilbert)
There are seven franchises that have never picked first. No amount of cash was going to put Vegas ahead of the teams that have never had that honor.

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015
If there's a draft where you don't have to sweat not winning the lottery as a 3 seed, it was this one. These guys are all bunched together, and there's a reasonable chance 5 years from now the best player from this draft isn't from that top group.

Drafting 6 is right in the middle of things. I'm good with it, and hope they take Rasmussen and bet on him achieving that very high ceiling.

sabresfan65

Vegas HAS Hockey!!
Sponsor
May 23, 2004
Vegas
That couldn't have gotten much worse. Went in with the 3rd and 6th best chances and came out with the 6th and 8th picks.

NY2LV

Apr 17, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
Does everyone think we should go with a forward (preferably Center) Since we might be able to build up a solid D corps in the expansion draft but probably have a lackluster group of forwards?

Headshot77

Bad Photoshopper
Feb 15, 2015
Does everyone think we should go with a forward (preferably Center) Since we might be able to build up a solid D corps in the expansion draft but probably have a lackluster group of forwards?

Your biggest need will be O but since your farm team doesn't exist I'd just take BPA for each round

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
I actually don't think it's all that bad that Vegas will be able to draft a guy that they'll have zero pressure to bring up to the NHL right away

Don't know about that. Our top center is going to be someone like Nick freakin Bonino...

There's a little bit of pressure involved there to rush a prospect.

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008

Agree, you set up the Expansion teams for failure. We wonder why the most recent Southern Expansions have failed. Its because their teams suck for so long. If you set them up with better players at the start, its alot easier to have a successful franchise in the long run. I also think they should have been allowed to participate in last years draft. That way they could build up a farm system.

I'm hoping to see Vegas do very well next year, but having an expansion draft AND getting the first overall guaranteed would be absurd. Are you kidding me?

Irrelevant. By the time the Expansion draft rolls around, it will be only journeymen that are available. No good team is constructed of 3rd liners and 3rd pairing defensmen. The Knights roster will look similar to the Yotes roster, minus the young players for the next couple seasons.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
So that's over.

We're going to lock up this thread since there's not much else we can do here but curse luck and the league. For potential picks and trades, feel free to start a new thread or jump into one of the the catch-all draft threads.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad