Draft Lottery - Update: We're picking 6th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Tomorrow is the day boys! Televised on NBC.

Here's the odds:
Colorado Avalanche 18.0 percent
Vancouver Canucks 12.1 percent
Vegas Golden Knights 10.3 percent
Arizona Coyotes 10.3 percent
New Jersey Devils 8.5 percent
Buffalo Sabres 7.6 percent
Detroit Red Wings 6.7 percent
Dallas Stars 5.8 percent
Florida Panthers 5.4 percent
Los Angeles Kings 4.5 percent
Carolina Hurricanes 3.2 percent
Winnipeg Jets 2.7 percent
Philadelphia Flyers 2.2 percent
Tampa Bay Lightning 1.8 percent
New York Islanders 0.9 percent

Really hoping for a top 2 selection. I think there is a little drop off after Patrick / Hischier. Picking 2nd may be even better than 1st as those two are so close the choice is made for you.

Here's to getting the best pick and the cornerstone of this franchise!

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I really do hope you guys win. Welcome to the NHL.

Well... that's sort of a lie, I want Vancouver to be in the top two as well, will be happy either way if it's Vegas or Vancouver.

LookAtThosePepperoni

I am he who loves all, when I'm in the mood.
Jan 28, 2016
Best wishes for your first draft. Are there a lot of new fans in here? I mean new fan for an NHL team and not you were a fan of team x before and now you're a GK fan.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Best wishes for your first draft. Are there a lot of new fans in here? I mean new fan for an NHL team and not you were a fan of team x before and now you're a GK fan.

I think most people now are "I'm a hockey fan, and now I also like the Knights" type of people. As there's a team and games, I expect we'll see more new people that are just VGK fans. I've met quite a few people that are now paying attention to hockey since we've got a team, but there's nothing to really be a fan of for a new person at this point.

For your average casual fan, drafts and lotteries are just kind of boring. I like hockey more than most people and I barely care about drafts, prospects, etc.

airbus220

Feb 19, 2012
The odds look very stupid.
#15 0.9%
#14 1.8%
#13 2.2%
who is responsible for this ****?
#9 5.4%
#8 5.8%
#7 6.7%

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
It's on whatever channel the Pens/Caps game is on where you are (NBC Channel 3 here in Vegas.) I think they're doing the lottery instead of pregame.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
If we win the lottery, can we make the rootster part of our branding? Like the Oakland A's and the elephant. :laugh:

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Wow. I want to snap that roosters neck! At least this isn't a McDavid / Crosby type draft or I'd have lost my ****.

Not too big of a drop off after the first tier of Patrick / Hischier so it could be worse I guess...still really sucks.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Meh, the golden ticket probably makes the chocolate taste terrible.

Let's be like Detroit and not participate in another one of these for a few decades.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Something I would like to point out about this too..probably only Patrick makes the NHL outside of a sleeper pick or two. So there goes the unveiling of a shiny new draft pick in the inaguaral season. I guess there will be enough excitement already though.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Something I would like to point out about this too..probably only Patrick makes the NHL outside of a sleeper pick or two. So there goes the unveiling of a shiny new draft pick in the inaguaral season. I guess there will be enough excitement already though.

Hischier will be in the NHL too. And I'd bet a couple other guys have good camps and get at least a 9 game look.

I'm sorry guys. The hockey gods just hate me. Hope we get a chance at Heiskanen or Mittelstadt at 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad