GDT: Draft lottery thread

GOZetterberg

Dec 10, 2019
At 4 I would prefer Raymond, but I would understand it if Yzerman went for a dman or Askarov given the lenght of the rebuild ahead.

Reactions: avssuc

Lampedampe

Feb 26, 2015
Anyone raging both doesnt understand the reasons that there is a lottery and what it does to prevent it and fails to understands how odds work. How many of you ran your silly little lottery simulators a dozen times to get 1OA? Shouldnt that have given you a hint it was unlikely to happen?

The reality is, it is what it is, you shouldn't abuse the league for a good policy just because we were unlucky, and its time to move on and see what will be available at our pick.

Im sorry but just no, that not how odds work. Yes we had a 51% chance of drafting 4th this draft, so this was the most likely outcome, but the odds of the wings actually dropping 4 years in a rows considering the odds we´ve had is actually unlucky. Im sure if you were to redo the previous 4 lotteries wings end up with better picks 8/10 times especially considering the fashion of which the wings have dropped. I mean dropping from 7 to 9 is actually so insane it shouldnt even be possible.

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
This league is a f***ing joke, they have no idea what they're doing. You spent the entire 00s trying to make it so teams dont stay at the bottom for years on end, yet this lottery system does the exact opposite. This lottery just means we'll be at the bottom for 5 more years instead of 3 or 4. We're at the mercy of the 2021 lottery already. That's how dumb this system is.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Absolute joke... I feel bad for you guys... The play in team pretty much getting the 'participation ribbon' for missing the playoffs. Not right at all.

Was going to be pissed if we got 4th anyways (eventhough I 90% expected it), but that a bounced high-end playoff team now has the chance at #1 overall is sickening beyond belief. Hope all high end teams win, even the teams I hate as we don't need Pittsburgh (BARF), Edmonton type teams getting Lafreniere!

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Trade anyone 25 or older. No use wasting their primes on a team that likely won’t be anywhere near contention before they’re past their primes.

I disagree but I’m also so demoralized they might as well. Can’t get much lower than this.

Was going to be pissed if we got 4th anyways (eventhough I 90% expected it), but that a bounced high-end playoff team now has the chance at #1 overall is sickening beyond belief. Hope all high end teams win, even the teams I hate as we don't need Pittsburgh (BARF), Edmonton type teams getting Lafreniere!

the whole system was completely illogical

Reactions: KJoe88

Omar

Oct 10, 2017
1. Laferniere- TBD
2. Stützle- Kings
3. Byfield- Senators
4. Perfetti-Wings (Saginaw connection)
5. Drysdale- Senators
6-9 Raymond, Rossi, Sanderson, Holtz

Not sure how those last 4 go. Heck Askarov is in there too, but top 5 is almost a lock.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
at least we prepared a lot for who we would take at number 4 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ulysses31

Oct 7, 2015
What's a computer?
Going to try and be positive here.

Watch a Rossi interview. great kid. great playmaker.

Glue him to zadina and it could be the catalyst for zadina to reach his potential.

JimmySpaetzle

May 16, 2014
Sens fan in here... yeah wtf was that can I say. We both got shafted. The two worst teams in the league end up w the 4th and 5th overall picks (if you don’t include the San Jose pick for us)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad