Post-Game Talk: Draft Lottery - Bedard going to Chicago. Canucks stay at 11.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
1683553391427.png

This year’s edition of the draft lottery goes Monday at 5 p.m. PT on Sportsnet. For the second year in a row, the lottery consists of just two draws and the winner of each draw can move up a maximum of 10 spots, so the Canucks, who finished 11th from the bottom in 2022-23, are the team with the lowest chance of moving up to No. 1 overall.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
I believe the 2022 Draft was the first draft where we didn’t actually fall in the Lottery. We just stayed out at 15. Someone correct me I’m wrong.

Mentally prepared for Bedard to end up a Blackhawk - that’s what I’ve been bracing myself for all year. But I’d run down the street naked if he somehow ended up a Canuck. :laugh:

Exactly how I feel.

Anyone but Chicago.

edit: although, I'll make a prediction - Bedard goes to Washington. It'll be v2 of the "Lemieux to Crosby" transition, with that many more eyes on Ovi going for the goal record.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ginger Papa

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Exactly how I feel.

Anyone but Chicago.

edit: although, I'll make a prediction - Bedard goes to Washington. It'll be v2 of the "Lemieux to Crosby" transition, with that many more eyes on Ovi going for the goal record.
If it’s Washington, I would be OK with it, always liked that fan base

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
No Chicago or ANA/SJ please.

Also draft nerds please have some prepared hype notes on how the prospects in the 9-12 range will be franchise changing so we can all cope and celebrate for staying put at 11 as a victory.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Going into this the same way I went into a finals in my 2nd year at UBC. Had struggled with personal issues all semester, failed both mid-terms. needed well over 90s just to barely pass the course. I fell asleep the night before instead of studying. I knew I had already failed. There was no hope. I knew my fate. I went into that test with absolute peace.

I got nearly 100%.

Last edited:

CanuckleBerry

Benning Survivor
Sep 27, 2017
New Westminster
It's not purely because of me being a Canucks fan and the rotten history, but the draft lottery really irks me. I understand we want bad franchises to have opportunities to improve and balance the league for the sake of all. But at the same time I hate that the league encourages tank culture by way of their own design and the meritocratic aspect of reward is ripped away.

I am fully in favour of all non-playoff teams holding equal lottery odds. The worst teams are already being helped out by way of their ranking in the draft standings. This lottery bullshit with skewed odds is totally unnecessary. I hate that we even have to cheer on tanking.

Reactions: Orr4Norris

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Ducks will be loaded with young talent if they get Bedard, as much as I hate Chicago, I think Ducks would be my worst case scenario.

Also California weather + future winning team = no Bedard UFA

Reactions: Szechwan

sandwichbird2023

Aug 4, 2004
I always thought the 3% is for winning either 1st or 2nd overall. Just checked and realize that on top of the 3% for 1st overall, we also have 3.2% for 2nd overall. So, our odds of getting a top 2 pick just doubled for me. That is a good start :)

C'mon hockey god, just let us "win" something ONE TIME!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad