GDT: Draft Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
All I can say is that I'm glad that Chevy didn't get cute with the 2nd pick. That takes a lot of the edge off of the Stanley pick. I _really_ hope that he turns out to be a good prospect.

Edgar Halliwax

aka Marvin Candle
Sep 23, 2011
Winnipeg
Button usually is a decent judge of talent - probably a bit moreso than the "experts" here.... His take on Stanley:

“Big man who has continued to improve his overall game. Mobility is good. He makes solid plays with the puck and he can play a territorial game that isn’t pleasant for opponents.†- TSN Director of Scouting Craig Button

Time will tell....

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
I am a big supporter of Jets management, but they make mistakes, and this was the biggest mistake they have made at any draft yet, puts Lucas S to shame.
The highlights they showed of Stanley were mostly of him fighting, FFS!
I'm no expert on Logan Stanley, but the numbers on him are extremely damning!
To make it worse--- the next 2 players selected--Bellows and Cholowski--are the players we should have taken.
:cry:

SIV

Mar 10, 2013
Well....you can't spell the nhl championship cup without.....

Inflict

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Button usually is a decent judge of talent - probably a bit moreso than the "experts" here.... His take on Stanley:

“Big man who has continued to improve his overall game. Mobility is good. He makes solid plays with the puck and he can play a territorial game that isn’t pleasant for opponents.†- TSN Director of Scouting Craig Button

Time will tell....

While Button has gotten better at scouting prospects, he is still one of the last people whose opinion I trust.

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
I like the Stanley pick, this guy can be a real D man and not the next Coffey many expect every draft. He said the right thing, "the coach tells him what to do and he does it".... we just need to clean house with our trash D coaching system and we're trending up.

aqsw

PM
Dec 11, 2004
Winnipeg
Yes, times certainly have changed. Away from the concept of guys like Stanley as viable NHLers.

Hope he develops his skating and finds a bit of an offensive touch, otherwise this is flushing two picks down the toilet.

Would you be happy with another Myers with this pick, or do expect better?

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Myers had 19 points and was -16 when he was drafted at 12. These big guys big years usually are there 18/19 year old seasons so relax

wabagee

Nov 24, 2014
Not sure of the pick? But pretty sure we did not have to trade down to get a scrub!

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
We have idiots in charge. This proves the people in charge are dinosaurs and explains the prevalence of Stu and Pavelec. Look at what Arizona did, we could have gotten 2 amazing prospects at 22 and 36. Seems like if Chevy/his scouts don't get lucky with a faller they are prone to shoot themselves in the foot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad