GDT: Draft Day Part 3: Who's Stogie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I don't get it. Why would we keep Talbot? Even if you aren't getting that first, just make a trade. We don't want to keep Talbot. Take the seconds if you have to.

We can still trade him at the deadline.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I don't get it. Why would we keep Talbot? Even if you aren't getting that first, just make a trade. We don't want to keep Talbot. Take the seconds if you have to.

It comes down to what the Rangers see as the best value and that includes the possibility of hanging on to Talbot as an insurance policy.

Any trade could also be dependent on who is still available. There could be a guy the Rangers like who is a first/second round tweener.

There could be a guy the other team likes.

NoQuitInNewMexico

Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
I mean there are tons of prospects around the league I'd love to have for Cam Talbot.

Don't like waiting too long, though. The trade should happen before FA, really. Waiting until the deadline gives time for other teams to find contingency plans, him to have a bad ~5 games for us, etc.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
We can still trade him at the deadline.

Considerably less value at that point, unless Lundqvist is hurt again and he steps in for a long stretch.

Otherwise he's not likely to see enough games that a playoff team sees him as part of the solution, and a non-playoff team has no use for him as a rental.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad