GDT: Draft Day Part 2: What a Time (to not be the Bruins)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@TSNBobMcKenzie: BOS agrees to terms with D Adam McQuaid. Four years, AAV of $2.75M. #TSN”

Xref

Oct 16, 2010
Hey, they got a great draft pick at #15 OA included in the deal. Nothing to sneeze at in this year's draft.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Doesn't sound like Hamilton was going to sign there. And the return is more than a offer sheet would have gotten them.

Sometimes you make the best of a bad situation.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
I understand Hamilton was asking for a huge contract, but I still sign him.

He's 22!!

Dump Lucic for picks, clear some space, sign Hamilton and keep your 15 OA.

There are plenty of contracts to dump on that roster to clear space. Christ, use the 15th in a package with a bad contract.

EDIT: It got worse. My god.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
B's should just tear it down at this point. Put everyone old on the trade block including Rask who has no reason to be there right now.

Maybe it's an overreaction by me but the only way they're trending is downward.

I think they knew/know the window was closed. They know they made some DUMB decisions and it's better to retool or rebuild right now. The won a 'Cup with the old squad. I don't think it's as big of a deal as everyone is making it out to be. If anything it's new management realizing they were ****ed.

We'll see what bone-headed moves they make going forward before condemning them completely.

holy ****...

I agree... they should sell EVERYBODY... sell Chara, Rask, Erikkson, etc... they're all damaged goods at this point, though their farm team is up and coming right?

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
What's the latest on Talbot? I haven't been up to date on what's happening today.

Just saw that Hamilton trade. The Bruins got robbed. That return in picks should've at least been doubled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad