Draft and UDFA Thread 2018-19: Part VII (No Kakko/Hughes Talk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
I'd like the Rangers 2nd pick to be any of Turcotte, Zegras, Newhook, Caufield, Kaliyev, Brink, York, Boldy.

I think they will have to trade up or somehow outright add an earlier pick to get any of them.

I'm not really all that great at pre-draft stuff, just pure feel.

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
Saw this nugget somewhere...Edmonton concerned about getting a US born player headed to college with 8th pick and having two wait a couple of years for said player to turn pro. May be willing to trade for more immediate help. (can’t remember where I saw this but it was in print)
To add to this (and @Edge’s new dream of getting 10 from Vancouver) Benning has said he’s looking for a top 6 winger and a defenseman this off season coughkreidercoughpionkcough

Reactions: egelband and Edge

Matt4776

May 8, 2009
Saw this nugget somewhere...Edmonton concerned about getting a US born player headed to college with 8th pick and having two wait a couple of years for said player to turn pro. May be willing to trade for more immediate help. (can’t remember where I saw this but it was in print)

I don't want to trade Georgiev without seeing what Shesty could do... but if they ask for Georgie and Kreider for the 8th I'd do it with Zegras on the board.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

Shattenkirk can help them

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
thoughts on the following dmen late rd 1

lassi thomson

ville heinola

thomas harley

Id rank them in that order. I want a righty D with that Jets pick in that range if we don't trade up.

Of course the ultimate would be trading back up into the top ten to get one of the Centers. Really want Zegras, Newhook close behind.

Then in round 2 we can go for a number of LH Dmen that should be in there. Jayden Struble, nice two way defender that the Rangers might have seen watching Riley Hughes at St. Sebastians last season. They are both headed to Northeastern to play with Jack Hughes(if he goes).

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Id rank them in that order. I want a righty D with that Jets pick in that range if we don't trade up.

Of course the ultimate would be trading back up into the top ten to get one of the Centers. Really want Zegras, Newhook close behind.

Then in round 2 we can go for a number of LH Dmen that should be in there. Jayden Struble, nice two way defender that the Rangers might have seen watching Riley Hughes at St. Sebastians last season. They are both headed to Northeastern to play with Jack Hughes(if he goes).

Do we see the possibility of some defensemen being taken earlier than anticipated and pushing some of those center down past 10?

Reactions: Bluenote13

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
I'd love Moritz Seiden with the Jets pick

I want a Righty Dman at that spot. But if the Ning win the Cup and we get #31:

#2 Kakko

Trade up with Jets pick into teens

#14 Dorofeyev

Trade up with #31

#24 Seider

All Euro, all upside.

Just one scenario. Is it June 21st yet!?

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
I want a Righty Dman at that spot. But if the Ning win the Cup and we get #31:

#2 Kakko

Trade up with Jets pick into teens

#14 Dorofeyev

Trade up with #31

#24 Seider

All Euro, all upside.

Just one scenario. Is it June 21st yet!?

And remember the Stars! We could have four first round picks, including one sure-fire blue chipper. Exciting times.

2. Kakko

Jets pick: Mo Seider

Lightning or Stars first rounder (I'll assume we get one): Nathan Legare

Reactions: Bluenote13

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I have to say... the D that intrigues me the most based on scouting reports is Victor Soderstrom. If we're going to trade up into the 8-15 range, it might be for him. He sounds very much like a Rangers draft pick.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
I really believe Newhook could be a target. They’ve been watching him all year. Can anybody clarify where he’s headed next after he’s through in the BCHL?

Reactions: Off Sides

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I have to say... the D that intrigues me the most based on scouting reports is Victor Soderstrom. If we're going to trade up into the 8-15 range, it might be for him. He sounds very much like a Rangers draft pick.

Wrote this last week -

Soderstrom: I find him intriguing because unlike a Byram, or even a Broberg, he's not necessarily a guy who makes you sit on the edge of your seat if he has the puck on his stick. But he's incredibly smart and makes so many of the plays. He knows how to move the puck, get it to the open made, and then get himself in position to support the play. In some ways, his strengths are almost the opposite of Broberg's. He transitions the puck well, can easily go back and forth between supporting the offense and playing tight defense. Not the biggest guy in the world, and can be outmuscled, but his positioning is so good that I'll be damned if he doesn't end up coming away with the puck more often than not. The knock might be that there's not that "wow" dream factor at work. He simply a smart, well-balanced game that doesn't lend itself to either a lot of mistakes, or a ton of highlight reel clips.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
thoughts on the following dmen late rd 1

lassi thomson

ville heinola

thomas harley

I'm all in on Bjornfot at #37.

Newhook is intriguing with the WInnipeg pick, he could end up all over the first round based on his competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad