Draft and UDFA Thread 2018-19: Part VII (No Kakko/Hughes Talk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
Update on Nathan Légaré who’s someone I want with the Jets pick (gave a scouting report on him in the team boards mock draft thread)
He’s been named assistant captain for the Canadian u18 team along with Cozens. Krebs is the captain

Bummer. Sounds like his stock is on the rise. I would've liked him at the end of Round 1 :( .

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Alright, so I'm texting and DMing a couple of folks.

Long story short, both of them said emphatically, the Rangers are looking at trying to get a second top 10 pick.

Neither would say who the target(s) might be.

Both would definitely know if it was a thing though.
Gotta be for a falling Zegras or Turcotte.

Reactions: Joey Bones

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

Long story short, both of them said emphatically, the Rangers are looking at trying to get a second top 10 pick.

Which I would guess means that Krieder goes? I cannot see them trading next year's first. And the cost of moving up from the Jets pick would be not be covered by adding our early second.

Reactions: bl02

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Wonder if something like that would involve trading Kreider or at least another player

Matt4776

May 8, 2009

This is the best news I've heard in the last 40 hours or so.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL

Quality over quantity would make sense.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Bummer. Sounds like his stock is on the rise. I would've liked him at the end of Round 1 :( .
Unless he lights the tourney up he should be a late 1st/early 2nd guy. I’m even thinking it’s closer to early 2nd

Here’s a few highlights that showcase how good he is in front of the net and how quick he gets off his shot.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Neither would say, and I specifically asked about the four centers.
If Podkolzin goes in the top 5 to a team willing to be patient with him, one of them will be there at Edmonton's pick at 8th overall.

I may have hallucinated, but I think a couple of sources are saying that Edmonton is wary of the American kids that will be available in their range going the NCAA route and potentially refusing to sign there. Also would consider moving the pick for immediate help to make the playoffs.

That screams Kreider to me. Question is how much would the Rangers need to add.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..

Love to hear that. Could be some fireworks on draft day.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017

Byram maybe? It’d be insane if we can get another top 10 pick though. Rebuild is starting look like it’s going to be shorter than initially expected with us getting Kakko

frozenrubber

Sponsor
Nov 27, 2005
Brooklyn
Saw this nugget somewhere...Edmonton concerned about getting a US born player headed to college with 8th pick and having two wait a couple of years for said player to turn pro. May be willing to trade for more immediate help. (can’t remember where I saw this but it was in print)

Throw in whatever extra picks necessary to get Jesse Puljujärvi. I'd love to bring in Kako and Puljujärvi together and properly develop/treat them both as 18 year olds.

Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York

Draft day is going to be fun. I wonder if they have a specific player in mind to jump into the top 10 for.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
If Podkolzin goes in the top 5 to a team willing to be patient with him, one of them will be there at Edmonton's pick at 8th overall.

I may have hallucinated, but I think a couple of sources are saying that Edmonton is wary of the American kids that will be available in their range going the NCAA route and potentially refusing to sign there. Also would consider moving the pick for immediate help to make the playoffs.

Perhaps its more about what would Edmonton include as far as cap dumps

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..

I haven't seen that Edmonton bit but @bobbop noted the same thing earlier today in another thread.

It makes sense on paper. Rangers have NHL bodies and cap room to spare. Edmonton needs NHL talent and wants to shed space. They also have some Finnish kid who would welcome a fresh start.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Well, before we get too carried, it's one thing to pursue the option, and it's another to successfully pull it off.

But yes, I have at least two independent sources who are absolutely certain there's a desire there.

Reactions: GeorgeKaplan

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016

What do you think it would cost for us to do this both winnipeg and tampas firsts (assuming they win the cup)? Kreider? Maybe someone like Lias if they aren't pleased with his development?

Matt4776

May 8, 2009
I still can't bring myself to take on Lucic. Even with a possibility of a compliance buyout.

Anyone else is fair game re: cap dumps, though.

Reactions: Miamipuck

Matt4776

May 8, 2009
Well, before we get too carried, it's one thing to pursue the option, and it's another to successfully pull it off.

But yes, I have at least two independent sources who are absolutely certain there's a desire there.

Too late. Hype train has left the station. You're a bad guy if this doesn't work out.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
What do you think it would cost for us to do this both winnipeg and tampas firsts (assuming they win the cup)? Kreider? Maybe someone like Lias if they aren't pleased with his development?

I really am bad at putting trade proposals together. It's not my strong game.

I have a hard time seeing Kreider as a fit for teams who are already in the top 10. Not without a contract extension in place. I also doubt Kreider even gets you there if he is extended.

But I do think Kreider can get you into the early teen range.

So yes, I think maybe you could bundle that pick and possibly get into the top 10.

I also believe that the Rangers would consider using Andersson as a potential component. I've believed that for a few months now.

What any legit deal would look like? I honestly don't know.

Reactions: Rangers743

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
IMO, Kreider straight up should get you 8OA. But, given the lack of depth in the Oiler system, I wonder if giving them a package of say, Skjei, Andersson and maybe the Winnipeg 1st for 8OA while taking one of the bad contracts might have more appeal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad