Draft and UDFA Thread 2018-19: Part VII (No Kakko/Hughes Talk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Buchnevich would fit the bill of a potential top 6 winger. But considering how terrible they are at drafting, giving them cap relief and a lot of young depth would certainly benefit them greatly.

Yeah he and Andersson are the only guys who I'd consider that have any sort of cost control. Depending on the other pieces involved anyway. For example I'm not interested in going from 14 to 8 if the cost is taking back Lucic and adding Buch.

Reactions: Miamipuck

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
So let's all bring it back into the circle and talk about what that might include.

Andersson. Buch. Skjei. ADA. Georgiev. Kreider. Combination of those players plus WPG's 1st, imo, and even then I question if it's too much, too little, or too crazy.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
If we agreed to take Lucic I'd want assurances that he would waive his NMC for the expansion draft. Don't want to have to waste a protection slot on him. Not pinning my hopes on a compliance buyout.
His cap hit is just too high for me.

Skjei + WPG 1st or other later 1st

For

EDM 1st + Lucic with $1 MIL retained & NMC waived for expansion + EDM 2nd

It would have to be that take on that albatross of a contract. Maybe even a future EDM 1st in 2020 or 2021.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Andersson. Buch. Skjei. ADA. Georgiev. Kreider. Combination of those players plus WPG's 1st, imo, and even then I question if it's too much, too little, or too crazy.

I don't think ADA and Georgiev are untouchable, but I don't think the Rangers are as open to moving them as some of the other names.

Reactions: pld459666

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
I'm not sending away prospects, youth or next years picks. Nor Georgiev.

Not all of it but some combo of

Kreider
Jets 1st
Vesey, Name, Fast
(if the Dallas or Tampa pick comes in, those 2nd's if not)
If they want Shattenkirk, Smith, Staal
Take back cap, two year max term

Buffalo

Kreider(4.46M), Jets 1st (have to wait to see where it lands)

Will take back Sobotka (3.5M two year left)

For 2019 #7

If they want Fast, okay him too. Send back their 2021 3rd.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Another consideration is whether or not the team in question can talk to Kreider in advance about an extension. History has shown teams will pay the "extended version" price for a player with only a year left if they know he'll extend. I would think that Kreider with a year left probably doesn't get you into the top 10. But Kreider who indicates his willingness to sign for 5-7 more years on July 1 with his new team...?

Don't see EDM as a possibility there, but maybe a Colorado or a Vancouver?

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Another consideration is whether or not the team in question can talk to Kreider in advance about an extension. History has shown teams will pay the "extended version" price for a player with only a year left if they know he'll extend. I would think that Kreider with a year left probably doesn't get you into the top 10. But Kreider who indicates his willingness to sign for 5-7 more years on July 1 with his new team...?

Don't see EDM as a possibility there, but maybe a Colorado or a Vancouver?

Colorado trading 4th overall for Kreider after missing out on Hughes/Kakko?

Reactions: RGY

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
I don't think ADA and Georgiev are untouchable, but I don't think the Rangers are as open to moving them as some of the other names.
Oh I absolutely agree - but I could see teams asking for one of those players if we want to leapfrog into the top-10.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Bobby Brink is a late 1st center I would be very interested in.

University of Denver is a good program.
Brink is a winger, no chance he’ll be a C anymore going forward and I don’t think he’s played much C this year either
I can see why people like him but I’d prefer if we didn’t touch him. His full name is Robert Orr Brink though which is pretty cool

Machinehead

GoAwayBrady
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Brink is a winger, no chance he’ll be a C anymore going forward and I don’t think he’s played much C this year either
I can see why people like him but I’d prefer if we didn’t touch him. His full name is Robert Orr Brink though which is pretty cool
Damn not a center :(

That name tho

Reactions: egelband

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Moritz Seider with the Jets pick. A big, nasty, German RHD for our blueline, who is a good skater and has offensive skills to work with? I'm in.

I love the package of skills, but hes sooooo raw.

He's exactly the type of player you take a shot on when you have multiple bullets in the 1st though. I'd like for it to come with the Dallas or Tampa 1st (if we get them) but thats highly unlikely.

Reactions: Kaapo Feel

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Colorado trading 4th overall for Kreider after missing out on Hughes/Kakko?

Can't see it. Even though Colorado has Makar on the way and some other prospects they are developing, I cannot see them giving up a cost controlled player that is a top 5 pick for Kreider, even with an extension understood.

They have to pay Rantanen. I know they have cap space, but they are still in the long game. As long as MacKinnon has that deal (4 more years at 6.3) they can play a longer game. Saw today that Panarin is of interest to them and he is interested in going there. Could just be a rumor.

If the Hawks do not take Bowen Byram, I see them jumping all over him. Their left side is weak. Girard is nice. Zadorov is what he is. Byram would be exactly what they need on the left side.

If they are in the go for it now mode, I think Skjei would peak their interest more than Kreider. Skjei+ for 4th overall

Matt Rentfree

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.

Clearly named after Benjamin Orr, bass player for The Cars :sarcasm:

Reactions: egelband

McRanger

Sponsor
Jul 20, 2005
I think a "dark horse" for number 3 is Alex Turcotte.

Forget the hometown angle for a second, I could see them looking at him as their heir apparent to Toews.

Yeah. I’m not sure he’d even be a dark horse if it wasn’t for the injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad