Draft and UDFA Thread 2018-19: Part V (Lottery 04/09 8PM EST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Bolde Wilde is a talented player who still gives me all of the same concerns I had last this time last year.

In fact, the Islanders 2018 first and second draft picks, though incredibly skilled and talented, gives me more than a few concerns.

Wahlstrom is now looking for his third playing option in two years, and struggled this season.

Noah Dobson showed me once again than he projects as a second pair defenseman and not a guy who drives a team.

Bode Wilde looks like a forward playing defenseman and plays a game very well suited for junior hockey.

While that is a fair point, I don't think we would be revisiting not selecting Wilde if we hadn't gone off the board for a random goaltender. In which case although Wilde's warts are evident, I think the fan base could live with it better than Lindbom. Are the fans ever right (including myself)? Rarely. :laugh: But, Lindbom was so off the board, I think this is one of those times where they have a legitimate gripe about knowing better than the team.

At the same time, we thought we knew better on the Kravtsov pick...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad