Draft and UDFA Thread 2017-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
NHL Mock Draft 2018: Unraveling the mystery beyond Rasmus Dahlin at No. 1

8. New York Rangers: Joel Farabee, LW, U.S. U18 (NTDP)
If there’s a draft prospect who works harder from whistle to whistle than this Syracuse native, then by all means, please make that information public. Otherwise, the Rangers and their fans should enjoy this assassin on skates who like Wahlstrom plays hard in all three zones but is a bit quicker and a better playmaker.

Others still on the board: Ty Smith, Noah Dobson, Evan Bouchard.

26. New York Rangers (from Boston): Grigori Denisenko, LW, Loko Yaroslavl (MHL)
There’s no way to sugarcoat it: Denisenko’s world-class skill did not produce the results (22 points in 31 games) you normally see from a notable kid in Russia’s top junior league. To be fair, Denisenko was hurt in August and turned it on in the second half. There’s a lot of William Nylander to his game, and the Rangers could use more skill on their flanks.

30. New York Rangers (from Tampa Bay): Jonathan Tychonick, D, Penticton (BCHL)
This North Dakota-bound speedster appears ready to make short work of the NCAA
thanks to his range of puck skills and the quickness he displays when attacking openings. Even after acquiring some quality blueliners at the trade deadline, the Rangers’ system could use an excitable defenseman who dominates the puck and looks really good while doing so.

Love the Sioux, great program. And no I wont refer to them as the Fighting Hawks. With that said, so many UND players make it to the show however almost none of them become NYR players. Not sure why, maybe its a distance thing? I think James Patrick was the last player from that program. He's been retired 14 years already.

If anyone ever gets a chance to go there the Ralph might be the nicest arena in the world.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
If Stepan and Rantaa got us ADA and 7th OV,

could Zucc + a pick (preferably a 3rd or later) get us in the the top 10 again?

I doubt it.

Stepan was 27 and signed for multiple years.

Raanta was a 28 year old guy Arizona expected to compete for a starting job.

Zucc will be 31, on the final year of his contract.

This draft is seen as being a bit deeper.

However, I think there's a possibility that Zucc could land you a mid-first round pick, on a team that is looking to take the next step forward, and that pick could then be used as part of an offer to maybe move up closer to the top 10.

brians1128

Nov 1, 2016
I doubt it.

Stepan was 27 and signed for multiple years.

Raanta was a 28 year old guy Arizona expected to compete for a starting job.

Zucc will be 31, on the final year of his contract.

This draft is seen as being a bit deeper.

However, I think there's a possibility that Zucc could land you a mid-first round pick, on a team that is looking to take the next step forward, and that pick could then be used as part of an offer to maybe move up closer to the top 10.

Bode Wilde or Farrabee if he drops a bit with that pick please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad