Dr_Gonz0's 1st round mock draft

Lowball

McRebuild
Aug 27, 2004
Cowtown
:blues

Drum roll...with the 26th selection in the 2007 NHL entry draft, the St. Louis Blues are proud to select, from the Oshawa Generals of the OHL, Brett Maclean. I can't beleive he slipped this far.

9th: Logan Couture
24th: Max Pacioretty
26th: Brett Maclean

I'm happy with this draft from a Blues POV. Good size, good skill, and a lot of potential. Lots of talent still left on the board though, Maclean was a tough choice. If we were drafting into the later rounds, I would try to add a D-man or two, to the prospect pool.

PM will be sent.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
The Washington Capitals select, from Frölunda HC of the Swedish J20 league, center Joakim Andersson.

The Caps like Andersson's defensive maturity and hope his continued offensive development warrants him easing in as a second-line center in the future.

Divine Wind

With the 29th pick in the 2007 NHL draft, the Edmonton Oilers are proud to select right wing Stefan Legein, from the Mississauga Ice Dogs of the OHL.

:edmonton

6. Alexei Cherepanov
15. Ryan McDonagh
29. Stefan Legein

Ottawa is now on the clock, PM attempted. User no longer exists. Consensus time?

Last edited by a moderator:

Lowball

McRebuild
Aug 27, 2004
Cowtown
With the 29th pick in the 2007 NHL draft, the Edmonton Oilers are proud to select right wing Stefan Legein, from the Mississauga Ice Dogs of the OHL.

:edmonton

6. Alexei Cherepanov
15. Ryan McDonagh
29. Stefan Legein

Ottawa is now on the clock, PM attempted. User no longer exists. Consensus time?

Lovin it...:banana:

Please forward to Mr. Lowe.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
I nominate Brandon Sutter.

Are we stopping after the first round is over or do you think there's enough interest to keep going?

Divine Wind

Lovin it...:banana:

Please forward to Mr. Lowe.

Thanks, i feel Stefan Legein's play makes his size irrelevant. He has a nice skill set and a good all around game. With the 1st round of this draft, i tried to go BPA, but i also did take organizational weaknesses into account.

Top 5 prospect skaters at each position:

Left wing -

1. Robert Nilsson
2. Slava Trukhno
3. Jean-Francois Jacques
4. Alexei Mikhnov
5. Dragan Umicevic

Center -

1. Andrew Cogliano
2. Ryan O'Marra
3. Marc-Antoine Pouliot
4. Rob Schremp
5. Kyle Brodziak

Right wing -

1. Alexei Cherepanov
2. Stefan Legein
3. ZaCH Stortini
4. Coliin McDonald
5. David Rohlfs

Defence -

1. Taylor Chorney
2. Denis Grebeshkov
3. Ryan McDonagh
4. Jeff Petry
5. Tom Gilbert

Not too shabby if i do say so myself. I am happy with the 1st round from an Oiler's standpoint.

My next move was to use the 36th pick to snag either Simon Hjalmarsson, Mark Katic, or Ian Cole.

Divine Wind

I nominate Brandon Sutter.

I nominate Colton Gilles.

Are we stopping after the first round is over or do you think there's enough interest to keep going?

I would be for it, but we would have to round up a few more posters. This time preferably veteran posters with good posting reputations as well, as i would be dropping one of the current GM's.

I would rather just have another draft. 2 rounds with trades. Veteran posters with at least 100 posts to their credit and a good knowledge of hockey and prospects.

C-Saku Koivu MTL

Aug 26, 2004
Montreal
I would rather just have another draft. 2 rounds with trades. Veteran posters with at least 100 posts to their credit and a good knowledge of hockey and prospects.

I'm all for another one. Trades would be nice.

BTW i would nominate C- Jim O'Brien...can't believe he is still there:amazed:.

Lowball

McRebuild
Aug 27, 2004
Cowtown
I'm all for another one. Trades would be nice.

BTW i would nominate C- Jim O'Brien...can't believe he is still there:amazed:.

2nd for O'Brien.

I would be up for one more mock draft. I know someone who would be very interested in taking St. Louis. I could take a different team.

Divine Wind

2nd for O'Brien.

I would be up for one more mock draft. I know someone who would be very interested in taking St. Louis. I could take a different team.

I will start organizing it via invitational PM's. If i get it set up early, we can start it as soon as the cup is awarded so we have an accurate drafting order. message me via PM if you are interested in participating in a 2 round mock with trades.

Remember, veteran posters only please! You must have at least 100 posts to your credit and a good posting record.

As for the trading aspect of it, i am thinking of limiting it to picks in this draft. People don't have major biases for picks like they do for players i find and we see more level headed trades.

Thoughts?

Divine Wind

I took Shattenkirk very low...at 22nd .. compared where he'll be drafted.. also got the local boy.. esposito :teach:

Depends what you think low is and what or who's evaulation you are using to determine this.

IMO Cherepanov is better than Espo, Shattenkirk and McDonagh i would call a wash, plus i got Legein.

Going by CSB rankings, i owned you.

Cherry - #1 euro skater
McDonagh - #11 NA skater
Legein - #13 NA skater

Espo - #8 NA skater
Shattenkirk - 34 NA skater

Going by ISS i get the hat tip as well.

Cherry - #4
McDonagh - #19

Espo - #11
Shattenkirk - #26

You got good players for where you picked, but to say you got steals is foolish. They may be the players that you wanted, and if that is the case, then good for you. However, you hardly can all yourself the draft winner though. lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad