Dr_Gonz0's 1st round mock draft

Oil_83*

sorry about the no-show guys, I was out of town and i figured it would be atleast tuesday before this got underway

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
With the 4th selection in the 2007 NHL entry draft the Los Angeles Kings are pleased to select from Calgary Hitmen of the Western Hockey League, defenseman Karl Alzner.

next gm will be pm'd shortly

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
With the 5th selection in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft the Washington Capitals are pleased to select, from the Halifax Mooseheads of the QMJHL, right wing Jakub Voracek.

Divine Wind

With the 6th selection in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, the Edmonton Oilers are pleased to select, from Omsk of the RSL, right winger Alexei Cherepanov.

CBJSlash is now on the clock for Columbus's pick and has been PM.

CBJSlash

Aug 13, 2003
The Bus
Visit site
With the 7th selection in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, the Columbus Blue Jackets are pleased to select, from the Kamloops Blazers, defensemen Keaton Ellerby

PM was sent.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
With the 8th selection of the 2007 NHL entry draft, the Boston Bruins are pleased to select, from the OHL London Knights, Sam Gagner.

PM is sent

Last edited:

Lowball

McRebuild
Aug 27, 2004
Cowtown
With the 9th selection in the 2007 nhl entry draft, the St. Louis Blues are proud to select, from the Ottawa 67's of the OHL, Logan Couture.

PM sent.

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
I'm not a huge fan of the Cherepanov pick at 6 (something tells me the Oilers would pick Gagner in that spot as well) but it's certainly a high risk-high reward selection and there is no doubt Cherepanov has the potential to be a solid point producer in the NHL.

Interesting that the Kings take Alzner at 4 in this draft, I'm really curious to see if Alzner ends up landing in the top 6 on draft day. Something tells me he will, there are a lot of question marks surrounding all the top offensive prospects in this year's draft and Alzner is a pretty safe bet to be a solid second pairing guy for a lot of years in the NHL.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
With the 10th selection in the 2007 nhl entry draft the Florida Panthers would like to select from Leninogorsk of the Russian Super League, LW-Maxim Mayorov

DaveG has been PMed

Last edited:

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
With the 11th pick in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, the Carolina Hurricanes select from the Omaha Lancers of the USHL, Defenseman Nick Petrecki

Soldat has been PMed

Louis Houde

Jan 28, 2006
Trois-rivières
With the 12nd pick in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, the Montréal Canadiens are very proud to select, from Québec of the ligue de hockey junior majeur du Québec , centre Angelo Esposito

This was a hard decision , but I had to take the french speaking guy first.

I will pm the next guy in 1 minute.

Lowball

McRebuild
Aug 27, 2004
Cowtown
Why is that? I hope for all Habs fans that language isn't a deciding factor on draft day. Take Esposito if you feel he's the best player available, not because he speaks French.

IMO Esposito is a great pick, at the 12th position. I doubt he drops any further than that. He's a bit of a boom or bust type player, but staying in his home town may help inspire him and make him a much safer pick. Personally I don't see anyone left on the board with more upside, and less risk. I really hope the Habs draft him.

Divine Wind

IMO Esposito is a great pick, at the 12th position. I doubt he drops any further than that. He's a bit of a boom or bust type player, but staying in his home town may help inspire him and make him a much safer pick. Personally I don't see anyone left on the board with more upside, and less risk. I really hope the Habs draft him.

Agreed. He does have a very good upside, and i think he silenced some of his critics with his showing at the U-18's as he lead team Canada to gold as it's captain.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
C'mon Toronto, DRAFT MIKAEL BACKLUND! :)

I really hope Toronto selects him in the draft. Either him, Zach Hamill or Lars Eller.

Safir*

C'mon Toronto, DRAFT MIKAEL BACKLUND! :)

I really hope Toronto selects him in the draft. Either him, Zach Hamill or Lars Eller.

I'd second Zach Hamill for the Leafs, if o_g doesn't show up (hasn't been online for days.)

Divine Wind

Since Ovechkin girl is a no show, and Hamill has been nominated and seconded, we will make him the consensus pick.

Colorado is now on the clock and will be Pm'd shortly.

Divine Wind

With the 15th selection in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, the Edmonton Oilers are pleased to select, from Cretin-Derham of the USHSW, defenceman Ryan McDonagh.

A PM will be sent following this post.

Divine Wind

Darn I was really hoping you'd go for Eller.

I like McDonagh's upside better. He is very raw right now, but has the potential to be a great defender. He was a horse for the US at the U-18's and is going to play at the University of Wisconsin next year for the Badgers. They have an excellent hockey program at the U of W and he should progress nicely among other top prospects.

I have an ace up my sleeve for the Ducks pick to add more offensive punch.;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->