Confirmed with Link: Dr StrangeDubas or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Promote Myself to GM

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Total changes:

1. Dubas takes over as GM, but with saying that the team will reevaluate each off-season going forward.
2. Saucier promoted to Director of Professional Personnel
3. Heasley promoted to Director of Minor League and Amateur Scouting Operations.
4. Kessel promote to special assistant to Dubas
5. Daley promoted to special assistant to Dubas

Also worth noting, Nick Pryor is staying as the director of Amateur Scouting. I remember reading that Dubas and Pryor got along really well and Dubas ended up really liking him.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
CautiousFlusteredGalapagospenguin-max-1mb.gif

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I didn't know Trevor Daley was with the team. That's cool.

Yeah he was hired as a scout a few years back I believe. It seems like he's going on the Spezza track.

The nice thing is that Dubas is actually bringing in new voices and not just going over the same retreads. Spezza, Daley, Kessel and Mpofu (cap guru) are all new, up and coming faces.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Not sure I like Dubas keeping Pryor but everything else, including naming himself GM, is fine with me. Nice to see Daley around too.

I remember reading around the draft that Dubas was extremely impressed with Pryor and the two have had a good working relationship. I think it's too early to judge any of his draft picks at this point, but if Dubas likes him, I have no issues keeping him.

Reactions: Lustaf

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Firing Pryor just because he's the son of a man that failed would be the same level of logic as punishing random Russians across the globe for this war
Either he's doing his job well or he's not. That's all that should matter.

Reactions: Lustaf

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
So every summer, Dubas is going to do an extensive search to see if there is anyone better to be GM than him.

I wonder how that will go.
It’s nice that Dubas failed to make any impact changes to the lineup and has decided at the same time that he should promote himself to full time GM…lol

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Hmph.

I am disappointed, insofar as I'm going to hold opinions over something I know nothing about.

First off, I am disappointed that Dubas has not retitled himself God-King, and fear for his lack of authority.

Second, this feels like just giving promotions to four people to keep doing what they were doing. The only one that seems to have an air of "that's new" is Andy Saucier leading pro scouting. Is Saucier still the video coach? Apparently not these days. Does he have a life if he is?

Third, I can't help but wonder slightly if that what we've seen is that Dubas has looked around, been unable to get the guys he wants on board, so he's just promoted all the people left in the front office. The "we'll re-evaluate me being GM" thing is very easy to read as "I didn't get my man this time, but just you wait".

Fourth, this still leaves the front office feeling rather thin. I'd have liked to see some new peeps. Are we going to have only one AGM? Are these people effectively the AGMs? Are we not getting any new voices other than Dubas and Spez, the people left over, and yer new man Vukie Mpofu?

Finally, I would like to recant of my first point, and demand that Kyle Dubas retitle himself God-Emperor instead. There can be no doubt.

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
Does this mean the money saved by not hiring a GM, will allow for EK?
It will allow for a cloning machine to clone Sullivan.

Hmph.

I am disappointed, insofar as I'm going to hold opinions over something I know nothing about.

First off, I am disappointed that Dubas has not retitled himself God-King, and fear for his lack of authority.

Second, this feels like just giving promotions to four people to keep doing what they were doing. The only one that seems to have an air of "that's new" is Andy Saucier leading pro scouting. Is Saucier still the video coach? Apparently not these days. Does he have a life if he is?

Third, I can't help but wonder slightly if that what we've seen is that Dubas has looked around, been unable to get the guys he wants on board, so he's just promoted all the people left in the front office. The "we'll re-evaluate me being GM" thing is very easy to read as "I didn't get my man this time, but just you wait".

Fourth, this still leaves the front office feeling rather thin. I'd have liked to see some new peeps. Are we going to have only one AGM? Are these people effectively the AGMs? Are we not getting any new voices other than Dubas and Spez, the people left over, and yer new man Vukie Mpofu?

Finally, I would like to recant of my first point, and demand that Kyle Dubas retitle himself God-Emperor instead. There can be no doubt.
"Grand Doobah" was right there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad