Prospect Info: Down On The Farm (Ads and Glads)

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
Across sports, I would love to see what type of long term success these teams with huge regular season streaks end up doing. It feels like they rarely translate to championships and it makes me wonder if the effort required to keep that streak alive impacts things.
Heard this on the radio heading home today.

8 teams have had streaks like this. Not sure of the time frame but I think it was the last 20-30 seasons.

6 of the 8 teams made the Conference finals. Forget how many made it to the Cup. 1 flamed out in round 1 and 1 in round 2.

Take that for what it’s worth.

Reactions: hido and PredsV82

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
Heard this on the radio heading home today.

8 teams have had streaks like this. Not sure of the time frame but I think it was the last 20-30 seasons.

6 of the 8 teams made the Conference finals. Forget how many made it to the Cup. 1 flamed out in round 1 and 1 in round 2.

Take that for what it’s worth.
Looking at the NHL records page there have only been 7 teams with an equal or greater run since the lockout, adding 03-04 you have 8 total. Blue Jackets in 16-17 are the team that flamed out in round one.

Reactions: glenngineer

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia

Campbell probably needs to show a little something to get his ELC. He had some progression in college but a good showing with Milwaukee should get him a deal.
Campbell is seriously lightweight. Listed at 5'10" 154 lbs. He had a pretty good season though finally besting a point per game with 22G 20A 42P in 36 games for the first time in his college run. We dont have too many LWs but we are at 48/50 contracts so we may need to wait for a couple to fall off in the offseason (though i imagine we could have it start next season and it wouldnt impact this years number but contract #s might play a part either way).

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
I still think we flame out in like 5 or 6 games in round 1 but enjoying this while it lasts

Your observations get you hammered on this forum, mostly because of bad timing, failure to read the room, and observations fouled by too much emotion. If this team makes the playoffs I can see them making a run to the WCF when they meet a Pacific team; record wise central: 6-3, pacific: 5-7 (most of which came before the whole U2 Beautiful Day situation.) BUT!! then came the post ASG streak of turning 2024 into Nashville's version of 'Fort Neverlose'

ALG, I say this with compassion; I hope Atlanta gets a team soon. Not just for righting a wrong but you are a duck who lost his pond. You bleed Atlanta. You remind me of another person on these boards who bleeds there city like it's a part of her soul. I can say this because I am a damned yankee who is learning to not give a f***, but there is a subliminal fight over who is the capital of the dead ghost of the Confederacy; Atlanta v. Nashville. You kinda have that working against you. But, when it comes to Atlanta hockey fans, I have a soft spot.

As for the original topic, can someone tell me who the centers (uninjured and unNASHVILLED) are now for Milwaukee?

Reactions: Soundgarden

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
Looking at the NHL records page there have only been 7 teams with an equal or greater run since the lockout, adding 03-04 you have 8 total. Blue Jackets in 16-17 are the team that flamed out in round one.
Heard this again tonight. Last 15 years with similar streaks. 2 won the cup, 2 lost the cup, 2 conf finals and so on.

BigFatCat999

Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Heard this again tonight. Last 15 years with similar streaks. 2 won the cup, 2 lost the cup, 2 conf finals and so on.
This team is on house money anyway let’s think right the beginning when we were thinking we’re gonna lose anyway now everything is gravy. There are four count them four. First round picks goalie of the future we are pretty good

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
This team is on house money anyway let’s think right the beginning when we were thinking we’re gonna lose anyway now everything is gravy. There are four count them four. First round picks goalie of the future we are pretty good
Askarov
L'Hreaux
Svechkov
Kemell
Schaeffer
Tomasino

I count 6 First Round picks in Milwaukee right now.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
Is it on house money or did Trotz lower fan expectations when he took over?

I'm happy I get to watch a fun team. They have shown they can play with anyone in the league. Will that continue through the playoffs, I have no idea but to say, eh, it's house money, I don't buy it. These guys have bought in and while we as fans see it as gravy, they may be looking at it as their best chance to do some damage come playoff time.

The only way I'm not disappointed in a first-round exit is if they play great hockey and lose to a team playing great hockey themselves. If we get steam-rolled by Colorado again, then all of this is for naught because we were trying to leave the mushy middle and losing poorly would put us right back where we started.

For me, there are expectations. Doesn't mean I can't enjoy the back half of the season the way I have.

BigFatCat999

Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
It was house money. The expectation were low when Johansen and Duchene went out the door.
The only way I'm not disappointed in a first-round exit is if they play great hockey and lose to a team playing great hockey themselves. If we get steam-rolled by Colorado again, then all of this is for naught because we were trying to leave the mushy middle and losing poorly would put us right back where we started.

For me, there are expectations. Doesn't mean I can't enjoy the back half of the season the way I have.
I'm at full "Happy to be here.' mode.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019

I'm happy I get to watch a fun team. They have shown they can play with anyone in the league. Will that continue through the playoffs, I have no idea but to say, eh, it's house money, I don't buy it. These guys have bought in and while we as fans see it as gravy, they may be looking at it as their best chance to do some damage come playoff time.

Yeah the ultimate goal in my mind is still playoff success. Bruno or Trotz will get several years to make it happen but in the end that is what they will be judged by. As for this year we’re an older roster for the most part. We may be outperforming our talent level but I still think if you’re going to go the route of playing mostly older players you should expect success. Brunette has outright said he doesn’t think we should have lower expectations for this team either so not sure why we as fans should have lower expectations. Recent play suggests we’re as good as any team in the league too but none of that matters if you dip out early in the playoffs.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
The minute Trotz sent most of the kids down and traded for players at the deadline there became expectations. It tells me you are abandoning the rebuild in favor of short term benefit, and if you are going to do that you better win.

Go out and lose in the first round then you should have just stuck with playing the kids and you wasted a season.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
The Admirals (41-19-1-0, 83 pts) host the third place Rockford IceHogs (30-23-5-2, 67 pts) on Dog Night. The Ads are on 3 game win streak. Rockford has gone 8-2 recently and would be the next team in the Central to clinch a playoff berth. The Ads are 4-2-1 against Rockford.

Gustavus Davis Grigals was called up from the Glads. I saw him in net for the last half of the warm ups.

Troy in net. The uninjured Del Gaizo and Wilsby on D. Wall centers Schaefer and Angello. Four guys down on the puck drop!

Rockford has a 6'8" Dman, #46 Louis Crevier. He looks like Chara.

The Ads have Dman Jeremy Hanzel in the line up. He is a mere 6'1", 200 pounds and likes to check people! I think he is on an ATO. Alex Campbell, 5'10", LW is the same, I believe.

Chara just made it 2-0 IceHogs. Allison scored for the Ads. We have seen 3 goals scored on just 5 shots. First one to 10 wins!

SOG were 7 to 5 Ads. Rockford leafing 2-1.
No goals scored in the last 10 minutes.

The IceHogs scored just after a PP expired. Ref Riley Brace, #49, is not calling a good game so far tonight. Ads puck carrier was just pulled down from behind in front of Brace. No call. Half a game of that is too much for me to take! He needs to work in the ECHL, where the pace is slower. Same for linesperson Peter Jenkin, #15. He can't drop the puck and he broke up a few Admirals rushes.

Michel Teply was tangled up with Troy in the crease. He was laying on top of Troy and making no attempt to get up, so Troy put an ankle lock on him and started twisting. No call was made. It is 3-1 refs, I mean Rockford. The SOG were 11-4 Rockford.

The Ads were shorthanded on several phantom calls by Blind Lemon Brace. He never sees any Rockford penalties. Maybe the WWE is the place for him?

With 14:54 remaining, the IceHogs have 2 guys in the box. Both calls were by Brace. Rockford goalie Comesso has injured his blocker hand with 1:02 left in the second penalty. Plenty of stalling before Stauber came in to play in goal. No PP goal for the Ads in a minute of 5-on-3.

L'Heureux was sat on behind the IceHogs goal line. Then his stick was pulled away from one direction and he was tripped from the opposite direction in the slot. No calls by the other "ref" Jarred Cummins, #2. The crowd is getting surly with 10 minutes remaining.

Rockford scored a SHG off a Dman's leg to make it 4-1. That is when I left. The 3 guys who made an effort tonight were Troy, who looked like the French-Canadian goalie from Slap Shot, Allison and Hanzel.

The final was 5-1.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: PredsV82

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Had another season of NCAA eligibility. Kindof surprised to see him signed instead of finishing his education
Ads need help. Avoids any chance of leaving for free agency.

The Admirals (41-19-1-0, 83 pts) host the third place Rockford IceHogs (30-23-5-2, 67 pts) on Dog Night. The Ads are on 3 game win streak. Rockford has gone 8-2 recently and would be the next team in the Central to clinch a playoff berth. The Ads are 4-2-1 against Rockford.

Gustavus Davis Grigals was called up from the Glads. I saw him in net for the last half of the warm ups.

Troy in net. The uninjured Del Gaizo and Wilsby on D. Wall centers Schaefer and Angello. Four guys down on the puck drop!

Rockford has a 6'8" Dman, #46 Louis Crevier. He looks like Chara.

The Ads have Dman Jeremy Hanzel in the line up. He is a mere 6'1", 200 pounds and likes to check people! I think he is on an ATO. Alex Campbell, 5'10", LW is the same, I believe.

Chara just made it 2-0 IceHogs. Allison scored for the Ads. We have seen 3 goals scored on just 5 shots. First one to 10 wins!
Askarov hurt or sick? (OR called up to the Preds:eek3:

And what about Tomasino? He's not in the lineup again

Last edited:

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Your observations get you hammered on this forum, mostly because of bad timing, failure to read the room, and observations fouled by too much emotion. If this team makes the playoffs I can see them making a run to the WCF when they meet a Pacific team; record wise central: 6-3, pacific: 5-7 (most of which came before the whole U2 Beautiful Day situation.) BUT!! then came the post ASG streak of turning 2024 into Nashville's version of 'Fort Neverlose'

ALG, I say this with compassion; I hope Atlanta gets a team soon. Not just for righting a wrong but you are a duck who lost his pond. You bleed Atlanta. You remind me of another person on these boards who bleeds there city like it's a part of her soul. I can say this because I am a damned yankee who is learning to not give a f***, but there is a subliminal fight over who is the capital of the dead ghost of the Confederacy; Atlanta v. Nashville. You kinda have that working against you. But, when it comes to Atlanta hockey fans, I have a soft spot.

As for the original topic, can someone tell me who the centers (uninjured and unNASHVILLED) are now for Milwaukee?
Wall, Svechkov, Weatherby and O'Reilly tonight.

Reactions: BigFatCat999

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Ads need help. Avoids any chance of leaving for free agency.

Askarov hurt or sick? (OR called up to the Preds:eek3:

And what about Tomasino? He's not in the lineup again
I don't know for either one. I assume that Tomasino is injured, but I never heard anything.

Edit: Another fan told me that Askarov was tired, or injured. He saw both on social media.

Edit: My wife is home from Chicago, the 5th most important US city, according to some.
She says that Askarov is injured. She usually has the best Ads info first.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad