Prospect Info: Down On The Farm (Ads and Glads)

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Campbell is seriously lightweight. Listed at 5'10" 154 lbs. He had a pretty good season though finally besting a point per game with 22G 20A 42P in 36 games for the first time in his college run. We dont have too many LWs but we are at 48/50 contracts so we may need to wait for a couple to fall off in the offseason (though i imagine we could have it start next season and it wouldnt impact this years number but contract #s might play a part either way).
He is 175# in Milwaukee. I believe that 154 was a typo.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
At what point do you think Cody Hodgson earns a tryout at camp next yr? 12 games: 8 pts 6 goals?
At this point, id give him a look. We only have 31 player contracts next season right now so we have some room. Of course there are some players that need to be extended or replaced but that will only chew up about 8 or so spots so we will have plenty of room for a two way contract

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Last game in Milwaukee was missing
Afanaseyev, parssinen, Tomasino, Hodgson, Askarov and then the recalled players Stastney and Jankowski. Not sure if there is a stomach bug or just injuries going through the lineup but alot of forward talent missing at the moment.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Last game in Milwaukee was missing
Afanaseyev, parssinen, Tomasino, Hodgson, Askarov and then the recalled players Stastney and Jankowski. Not sure if there is a stomach bug or just injuries going through the lineup but alot of forward talent missing at the moment.
Askarov is not playing tonight. I think that Tomasino is injured. As far as I know, the flu and Covid are NOT running wild in the Greater Milwaukee area.

We did get Svechkov back from injury. Parssinen is playing.

I have not seen Foudy for a few games. He has 16 pts in 28 games. He is a sparkplug on offense.

Troy in goal again. Grigals on the bench.
Gravel and McKeown on D
Campbell, O'Reilly and Kemell up front.

A video for Cal with his first goal. Klein was on the ice for that one. Team president John Greenberg is the MC. It is Cal's 341st Admirals game. He had the GWG for the 19th straight win. His parents and family are here. His parents have taken in 50 foster kids! A plaque with his record setting puck, photos and score sheet.

Kemell tripped at 30 seconds. The 18% PP is out. Kemell stayed on the ice for that. Lots of new guys out there, Campbell, Allison and Hanzel. It was killed with 1 SOG.
GR had 5 SOG on their PP. The Ads have thrown a few heavy checks in 7 minutes.

The Griffins Captain was talking to L'Heureux, probably about his Kneeing penalty. Kevin Wall picked up the puck off the north end boards and eventually faked a pass and shot it into the south goal for a 1-0 lead. Parssinen got a crosschecking penalty in the SE corner. A GR player went after L'Heuruex. No call on that. Zach did say something to one ref before skating off.

SOG 12-10 Grand Rapids.

Continued below some other posts.

Last edited:
Reactions: hockey diva

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Period 2 started with an iffy Ads minor.
The SOG were 10-6 Ads in a choppy period. No scoring, it is still 1-0 Milwaukee.

Period 3 started with Schaefer popping open the SE corner door with a huge check on a GR Dman. Didier, the GR Captain, just knocked down Schaefer and kicked his stick away. No call, even though the puck was 30 feet away. Dirty team Captain!

Del Gaizo 4 minutes for High Sticking even though the GR player knocked his stick upward to cause it. I know that you are supposed to control your own stick, but that was caused by the GR player that got hit.

Troy just got sat on in his crease and no call. That is 2 nights in a row for that illegal garbage! The Ads killed the penalty, 4 minutes remaining in regulation. Allison just crushed #11 in front of me. Empty net for GR.

GR scores with 39 seconds left through a maze of players. It was off of an Admiral player. GR held the puck behind their goal for the last 10 or 15 seconds to a chorus of boos.

In the OT, GR ran a weave for a minute. More boos from the fans! Troy knocked down one of their players near his left post. He just tripped another one that cut through his crease. GR penalty for Hooking Kemell with 1:28 remaining.

Nine seconds elapsed and the Ads score! Kemell shot a laser over the goalie's right shoulder for the win!

The Magic Number is now ten.

Last edited:

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
What's the word on Wilsby? I know he is a real longshot as a LHD with Josi, McD, and Lauzon at the NHL level and Statsney and Del Gaizo ahead of him on callups. Then there is Molendyk.... but is there any NHL upside? He seems to be playing well in Milwaukee

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
He’s going back to Europe next year.
Is that official? Molendyk cant play in Milwaukee due to his age and if Stastney or Del Gaizo end up in Nashville he will be getting big minutes in Milwaukee.

I know we got Hanzel und Gravel then one of Stastney/Del Gaizo (if clears waivers). So i reckon that's enough LHD to run a full dgroup.

Then i guess we also have Chistyakov stewing in the KHL that is probably ahead of him developmentally if he ever comes over. Reckon at the end of the day, he just doesnt have a pathway in Nashville to get to the NHL

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
So next looking at prospect d currently signed next season (or reasonably expecting an extension),

LHD
Del Gaizo (AHL/NHL)
Stastney (AHL/NHL)
Hanzel (AHL)
Molendyk (WHL)
Wilsby (AHL) - assuming he stays

RHD
Livingstone (AHL)
Matier (ECHL/AHL)
Prokop (ECHL/AHL)
Ufko (AHL)

only player that requires waivers is Del Gaizo.

Gravel is currently the only older veteran dman signed next season

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
At what point do you think Cody Hodgson earns a tryout at camp next yr? 12 games: 8 pts 6 goals?
I think it all depends on what "intangibles" he is bringing. It doesn't matter one bit if he scores 8pts/12games if he is bringing nothing else. At his age, he has to be a "veteran leader" type down there. He probably is, so it's all good. But the AHL team is for development. We don't need to spend a roster spot on any 30+ players unless they are bringing something that helps the overall development program in some way.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I think it all depends on what "intangibles" he is bringing. It doesn't matter one bit if he scores 8pts/12games if he is bringing nothing else. At his age, he has to be a "veteran leader" type down there. He probably is, so it's all good. But the AHL team is for development. We don't need to spend a roster spot on any 30+ players unless they are bringing something that helps the overall development program in some way.
We have done him a favor by giving him a spot on the Ads and ge has repaid us well by playing well but he is still a huge longshot for the NHL again and would be much better suited to a very young team in a true rebuild who need a veteran/locker room guy who would probably be 13th forward when everyone is healthy. San Jose is probably his best bet for the NHL

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Ads lost at Rockford in a SO. Zach Sanford and Rem Pitlick scored for the IceHogs.
That is why teams want former Ads players.

Now the Magic Number should be 9.

My wife told me that Grigals went back to the Glads.

Last edited:

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
The Ads are playing at Texas tonight.
They are behind 2-1 with 2 minutes remaining in period 2.

Wilsby scored his 7th goal with assists to Schaefer (12) and the First for Ryan Ufko!

Texas scored with 26 seconds left to make it 3-1 against Askarov in period 2. The SOG are 22-14 Ads. That is 79% saves by Asky.

Last edited:

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
The Ads are playing at Texas tonight.
They are behind 2-1 with 2 minutes remaining in period 2.

Wilsby scored his 7th goal with assists to Schaefer (12) and the First for Ryan Ufko!

Texas scored with 26 seconds left to make it 3-1 against Askarov in period 2. The SOG are 22-14 Ads. That is 79% saves by Asky.
Tomasino still out. Any word on his injury, or what's going on?

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Tomasino still out. Any word on his injury, or what's going on?
No.

Parssinen (6) scored to make it 3-2 Texas.
Assists to Ufko (2) and Del Gaizo (26).

Weatherby (12) scored 43 seconds later with assists to Livingstone (15) and Wilsby (10).
Texas is taking a TO baby!

My signal shut off. Felhaber (9) scored with an assist to Allison (9)! Stars are pulling Poirier with 2 minutes plus remaining. Egor hit the post from full length.

The Ads win. The Magic Number goes from 9 to 5 as Rockford beat Grand Rapids.

Last edited:
Reactions: hockey diva

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Ads now lead! Guess we know where our third period mojo went tonight...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad