Waived: Dowell, Palmieri, Veilleux (Cleared)

Randy BoBandy

Cheeseburger Party
May 9, 2011
Sunnyvale
You've never played hockey if you don't value enforcers. They have one of the toughest jobs in the game.

You're acting like we just waived Granlund; it's just Palmieri. Plus, I think there's a clause where the Wild can re-claim him if the team that takes him off waivers decides to send him back to the NHL.

Played varsity hockey for 4 years. How about you?

There is no place for an enforcer that can't actually play the game in todays NHL. We need tough players that hit and can play hockey as well as intimidate. Like Clutter, Konopka, Powe, and Stoner. They can handle the puck, hit, and fight. Kassian can fight, and thats it. Pure fighters are a dying breed as they should be.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
gotta keep the big 3 blood brothers together, this going to be very tough 48 games.

Kassian Kenopka & Stoner... all 3 of them can fight

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010

There is no place for an enforcer that can't actually play the game in todays NHL. We need tough players that hit and can play hockey as well as intimidate. Like Clutter, Konopka, Powe, and Stoner. They can handle the puck, hit, and fight. Kassian can fight, and thats it. Pure fighters are a dying breed as they should be.

I played for 5. Beat that!

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Konopka is our enforcer. What the **** do we need Kassian for. He can't do a damn thing but throw punches. Kassian sucks. If we lose Palmieri I am gonna be pissed. Enforcers are way overated especially ones who can't contribute any hockey skill to the game.
And what happens if Konopka gets injured? Who do we have that can truly guard the boys? Powe? Doubt it. Clutterbuck isn't gonna get into many fights, because he should know that the team can't afford to have him sitting in the box for 5 minutes. Stoner? Maybe. But none of those guys are really intimidating. I guarantee you that when we play the Oilers, they're gonna be out for blood. We need some big guys out there to save us from going down the same road that we did last season with injuries.

Kassian isn't worthless. He doesn't suck. He's no All-Star, but he fits in. This isn't a "Boogie" type of situation.

Sucks to see Palmieri on waivers, but this is what happens when the team actually has talent and depth...and a lot of ##$@!ing 1-way contracts. With what's in Houston, we can afford to risk losing Palmer. But what we can't risk is only having one sheriff and losing him to injury. Teams are gonna be gunning for many of our guys this season. We need appropriate backup in multiple forms.

Last edited:

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011

I've never played organized hockey, but I can't count the number of times I've heard professional players talk about the importance of tough players. True, Kassian isn't the best hockey player. However, he's a good locker room guy, and generally isn't a liability when he's on the ice.

Just think, we could have John Scott instead.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I've never played organized hockey, but I can't count the number of times I've heard professional players talk about the importance of tough players. True, Kassian isn't the best hockey player. However, he's a good locker room guy, and generally isn't a liability when he's on the ice.

Just think, we could have John Scott instead.
And that's where this enforcer is very different from those in our club's history.

MNBadger

Jun 27, 2012
Madison, WI
Looking at the waiverlist,why wouldnt the wild try to claim Mike Santorelli? His name jumped out at me on the list, as I remember he was a great offensive Dman for the Panthers a year or two back

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
The Wild are unable to put in a claim on ANYONE due to the 50 contract limit. If they have no contract space, they can't make a claim.

Beegoalie

Dec 21, 2011
Pominville Minnesota
Ill take Kassian over Palmieri anyway of the week. I'd rather have Coyle, Larsson get called up instead of him as they can play a third line role. In the case of Kassian that is one big bad dude and we don't have another one of those sitting around.

Palmieri isn't getting claimed anyways. And if he does big deal. We need to rid a contract for insurance in case we need to trade for someone important anyways. Not a guy who will spend 90 percent of his season in the AHL.

He's scored 20 points in 30 AHL games. Its not like we just waived Bobby Ryan. People need to settle down. Palmieri's are a dime a dozen in this league. He's a Nick Johnson, Krys Kolanos. Boo whoo if he gets claimed

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Kinda surprised that Palmieri got through. Figured someone would've taken a chance with him.

Also, the Islanders grabbed Brian Strait off waivers from Pittsburgh.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Wild should make zero wavier claims. They don't need another fringe Dman and they can't take anymore contracts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad