Waived: Dowell, Palmieri, Veilleux (Cleared)

Billy Mays Here*

Don't think any of us are all that surprised that Dumba is sticking around.

Also, interesting that they're only keeping 22 of the 23 spots occupied right now as it looks like they'll be sending Kampfer down too. Do they expect one of Brodin or Scandella to be back sooner than expected? Are they going to call up someone else? Or do they maybe have a trade in the works (unlikely)?

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
i've been a Palmieri fan up here, but this really isn't much of a shock. I'd be surprised if he didn't get picked up but the move makes sense.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
I tried to type out the lines twice, first time I put Suter at RW, second time I put Kovalchuk. Honestly. Brain is fried.

Here's the roster right now with Butch activated:

Parise - Koivu - Heatley
Cullen - Granlund - Setoguchi
Bouchard - Brodziak - Clutterbuck
Mitchell - Konopka - Kassian
Powe

Suter - Spurgeon
Gilbert - Stoner
Falk - Prosser
Dumba

Backstrom, Harding

Scandella, Brodin on IR

13 fwd
7 def
2 goal

That's 22 + two on IR, and it sounds like Brodin will be back soon.

My guess is they try to sneak Palmieri down now as EVERYONE is going on waivers today. If he gets pulled, he gets pulled. But they want to open up that spot now rather than try again in a few days or a week when there are fewer people and better chance of getting claimed.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
We will not miss Palmieri at all. He's just another Gillies, Kalus, Fritche, Earl, Foy, Almond, etc. His impact on the team would be no more than Powe's, Dowells, or Mitchell's. Less than Clutterbuck, Zucker, Coyle, or Larsson. Sure, I guess he could be 15 goal guy on a bad team, but that's not the kind of team we are building. We are building a team with 3 lines that can score every night and 1 tough as nails line.

WILDTATE10

Jul 24, 2005
If we're keeping Dumba around, I'd like to see him givin a good shot for his 5 games. I'd put it like this

Suter Spurgeon
Gilbert Dumba
Stoner Falk

Also stick him on the 2nd PP unit with Gilbert or Spurgeon

Cullen Granlund Setoguchi
Gilbert/Spurgeon Dumba

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
I might get crucified for this but I'd rather (potentially) lose Kassian on waivers than Palmieri. There I said it.

I'm actually with you on this.

Palmieri I believe has decent potential for a third line role, whereas I do not believe Kassian has all that much potential for what we need. He's a decent player, but too slow and not good enough with the puck.

Teddy10Beers

Dec 31, 2011
Minnesota
Yeo wants an enforcer on the roster

Michael Russo ‏@Russostrib
Yeo:tough decision to put Palmieri, Veilleux, Dowell on waivers, but with so many skilled players on #mnwild, they need protection (Kassian)

Haite

x
Jun 27, 2011
And Kassian had a 2 goal game too! He clearly has that 40 goal potential in him.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Minnesota has come a long way from where they were. So many solid players that its difficult to fit a guy in.

Randy BoBandy

Cheeseburger Party
May 9, 2011
Sunnyvale
Konopka is our enforcer. What the **** do we need Kassian for. He can't do a damn thing but throw punches. Kassian sucks. If we lose Palmieri I am gonna be pissed. Enforcers are way overated especially ones who can't contribute any hockey skill to the game.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
@Dumba

Pre-scrimmage: Trade him! He's regressing and 2-3 years away from playing in the NHL! :rant:

Post-scrimmage: I'm excited to see him on opening day with the Wild. :welcome:

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Konopka is our enforcer. What the **** do we need Kassian for. He can't do a damn thing but throw punches. Kassian sucks. If we lose Palmieri I am gonna be pissed. Enforcers are way overated especially ones who can't contribute any hockey skill to the game.

You've never played hockey if you don't value enforcers. They have one of the toughest jobs in the game.

You're acting like we just waived Granlund; it's just Palmieri. Plus, I think there's a clause where the Wild can re-claim him if the team that takes him off waivers decides to send him back to the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad