Douglas Murray suspended for 3 games

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
He said he's never been suspended yesterday so he has a long clean history.. Good to see it's 5 games or less. I'm thinking 4

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Seriously terrible and stupid hit on his part. He will get suspended. But honestly, for a potential playoff matchup, this could play in our favor. Tampa is going to be scared coming down the wing against him, and he can easily handle anyone on that team wanting to get payback.

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
Max he can get is 5, since its a telephone hearing.
I assume he will get 2-3 because he's not a repeat offender.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
He deserves to sit for a few for sure. Had that been one of our players hit we would have lost our minds.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
I thought five was the minimum after watching that hit but his clean history definitely plays a factor. It sucks, he had such a long record of clean hits. Sometimes they bordered interference but they were always shoulder on shoulder or shoulder on chest. I hated seeing the chicken wing pop out once he got beat to the inside.

Hopefully this is a one time occurrence on his part.

Also, to add to the "I'm glad he knows he did something wrong" sentiment, props to everyone here who jumped to the main boards to agree that what he did was wrong. I'm usually accustomed to seeing fans of the team jumping to the player's defense and a huge argument breaking out. Last night, you guys were great and made it easy on everyone. :handclap:

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany
I don't think Murray was malicious, but he definitely was reckless. He may have been trying to finish a check and paying attention to the other player, as he said. However, elbow out and skates off the ice is no way to check anyone. He has a clean history. It's a dirty hit none the less and I hope Kostka's alright. In addition, tall players often get a pass because their size sometimes lead to hits to the head. I wouldn't be surprised if the league doesn't give a lot games.

I expect a suspension, it is warranted. But I have a feeling the NHL will give 2-3 games, less than what many expect.

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
He deserves to sit for a few for sure. Had that been one of our players hit we would have lost our minds.
Agreed. I think the majority, if not everyone agrees that he should be suspended. Good to seepeople don't have their rose colored glasses on.

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
I feel it will be a two game suspension. The way I keep seeing it, is that Murray is slow and went for a hit, and when Kostka moved out of the way, the contact was made elbow to head.

The resulting play will be suspended, but because I do not believe Murray had any intentions to hit him in the head, he won't get too many games.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
He'll get 3 because the player got up. It's disgusting that the intent isn't punished, he deserves more if it means putting an end to head shots.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I'm at 1 or 2 games max. Most likely 1 game as long as Kostka is fine. If he's concussed/injured he might get 2.

Then again, Shannahan and the NHL is so inconsistent, who the hell knows anymore?

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
The whole "there's no past history" crap is bogus. Murray should get at least 5 games probably more. That type of hit has no place in the league.

LastChancePrice

Dec 12, 2004
Saw the hit and honestly, i feel its a moment from bad positioning that cause it. Murray seem to have wanted to simply deliver an elbow check, and the other player was smaller than him and was bend and got it. The impact of the hit was nothing spectacular.

Halifaxhab*

I hate these hits and Murray deserves a suspension, I would give him a solid 3 or 4 game. But this in Sheriff Shanny here, so if he gets more than 2 games, I'd be surprised.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
I expect 3-4 games...no prior history and it was not pre meditaded.

I love Habs fans throwing Murray under the bus...we have the best NHL fans...not!

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
So overblown this thing. The hit wasn't intentional at all. Got caught a little out of position, he wanted to hit him with the shoulder but the player was too far so his elbow went up..it's almost like an automatic instinct that's very hard to control when the play is happening quickly. He'll get 2-3 games and that's that so let's move on. No need to dissect this to death. Fans throwing this guy under the bus are disgusting.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
So overblown this thing. The hit wasn't intentional at all. Got caught a little out of position, he wanted to hit him with the shoulder but the player was too far so his elbow went up..it's almost like an automatic instinct that's very hard to control when the play is happening quickly. He'll get 2-3 games and that's that so let's move on. No need to dissect this to death. Fans throwing this guy under the bus are disgusting.
Agreed!

habfaninvictoria

Nov 1, 2007
Victoria BC
Murray made a mistake in judgement. Definitely deserves a couple games for this.

I want also say that it's nice to see that a majority of us agree on this issue and aren't putting homer glasses on and saying stupid crap like:
hockey play
dive
he hit a midget it's not his fault his head is the same height as Murray's shoulder
This would be said on another team's fan base board we know. Call it what it is, a predatory play that doesn't belong in the game and move on. I don't think Murray is necessarily a dirty player, but this hit is exactly what needs to leave the game.

See you in a few games Murray. I hope your absence doesn't hurt us too much.

Murray will be an important player for us in the playoffs if we intend to go deep he brings an element most of our guys don't.

Moen is Gone

@MoeninGlory
Feb 13, 2007
Grenoble
twitter.com
The overall reaction would be totally different if it was PK or Emelin pulling that stunt.

The fact that Murray isn't/shouldn't be a regular in our D-corps makes it easier to act all sportsmanlike and throw him under the bus.

EvilGreenRanger

Mar 27, 2014
I'm at 1 or 2 games max. Most likely 1 game as long as Kostka is fine. If he's concussed/injured he might get 2.

Then again, Shannahan and the NHL is so inconsistent, who the hell knows anymore?

Getting knocked out is a concussion.

How severe, well we'll find out soon.

Analyzer*

Except for the fact that that player would get very little.

2 games for Murray, if that.

I see a lot of you have no idea what you're talking about. While Murray is slow as **** and a more often than not a pylon 5 on 5, he's one of the reasons our pk is good and saves us many times.

Getting knocked out is a concussion.

How severe, well we'll find out soon.

Getting knocked out isn't an automatic concussion....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad