Confirmed with Link: Douglas Murray signed 1 year deal ($1.5m)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coldplay

Courage
Aug 21, 2008
Montréal
Dislike unless he's a bottom pair minutes eater (take a seat, Frankie). He can't handle anything more. Would've been much more thrilled with this years ago.

Jay Wolf

Jun 14, 2011
If the numbers are good, this a nice signing. Can't skate very well, but he brings some violence to the back end.

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
That's what I'm talking about Bergy!!!!

Great move, some size on the back end to help out up while Emelin is out, and if not needed or not in a playoff race by the trade line, might get a pair of draft picks for him.

Great move!

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
Pretty safe to say Tinordi is going to spend the majority of the season in Hamilton, if not all of it.

HatTricK09

Jun 23, 2012
Time to go on the main board and read other fan base laugh at us for trying to get away from our softness tag

Darz

Sep 22, 2002
Where's the ANY key?
Visit site
I'm a fan of this move for a couple reasons:

1) you can NEVER have enough d-man...EVER!!

2) a crease clearing big hitting dman is something the habs needs. they have enough puck movers, this fills a need.

MathMan

Jan 20, 2006
Douglas Murray is one of the worst D-men in the league. He's another marginal defenseman on a team that had already accumulated too many of them.

His only quality is that he's big. That's little consolation given that he's unable to provide NHL-quality defense.

If the notion that Marc Bergevin was some sort of excellent GM wasn't completely dispelled by his off-season so far, we should be free of this notion now.

I hope the front office will now cease to accumulate mistakes as sacrifices to the false idol of size.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Moar SIZE!!!! Strenght!!! BIG GUYS!!!!!

Circle jerk commence.

I like the signing by the way.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto

2) a crease clearing big hitting dman is something the habs needs. they have enough puck movers, this fills a need.

Quality>Quantity. Anyway, i don't understand this logic, why can't you have enough d-man?

Prairie Spitfire

Jul 22, 2013
Dieppe, NB
I'm happy with this signing. He adds an element of physicality which the team needs badly. Not to mention he has some size! A good temporary replacement until Emelin is healthy.

Given his foot speed (or lack thereof), I think it is important that he's paired with someone who's got some wheels. Got to keep an eye out so Murray doesn't get exposed too much. Let the discussion begin!

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
Pretty safe to say Tinordi is going to spend the majority of the season in Hamilton, if not all of it.

Really don't think, we need 8 dmen, Murray is to replace Emelin, so we have a mix of

Gorges Subban
Markov Tinordi
Murray Daiz
Bouillon DD

uiCk

Jan 20, 2009
MTL

what he says.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Dislike unless he's a bottom pair minutes eater

I'm pretty sure that's exactly what this is...?

They didn't sign a guy to a 1 year deal at the end of August to put him on the first pairing...

Anyway assuming the $ is cheap, no problems with this. Murray isn't who he was years ago but some experienced D depth can't hurt, and he can bring a needed dimension of toughness.

DRGO

Mar 10, 2003
Visit site
Can he be slower than Hal Gill ? I believe that he is a piece of a puzzle. Won't play 23 minutes a game but 15-18, he should be fine and play a role with Parros helping Prust...

Shred

Nov 1, 2005
If the notion that Marc Bergevin was some sort of excellent GM wasn't completely dispelled by his off-season so far, we should be free of this notion now.

Yup I'm really disappointed as well, looks like the team isn't going anywhere for the foreseeable future with him at the helm. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad