Post-Game Talk: Double The Fun!

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
I always thought a way you could find steals for wingers is find deep teams and aim for their younger third line wingers that may be trapped behind depth.

Targets...
Heinen, Kapanen, Brown, Lindblom are good targets.

Winnipeg may be in cap trouble so I could see the maybe moving one of Ehlers or Connor

Could have had Connor in 2015. I guess Reinhart was better. The Hall trade has nothing on the Reinhart deal in my opinion

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
If so, that’d be dumb, and a very Oilers thing to do.

Trade Khaira who’s been improving year to year and looks to be in the cusp of popping for a player most likely being propped up by the insane amount of offensive talent around him. A very Oilers thing to do, could see Khaira exploding in the Leads and Brown being traded away for peanuts after he does nothing here.

If you see Khaira “exploding” I have some Florida swamp land I mean real estate to sell you.
Khaira is a quality 4th liner who can from time to time play up the lineup.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
So are we adding a 20goal scorer on the Blueline? A Vezina goalie on the back end or are we banking on McDraiNuge scoring 150goals for us next year?
Caggiula played only 29 games for us but he is still a top6 goal scoring forward for Oilers.

No, as I said in another post, the problem is the fact we have very little scoring from 3 out of 4 winger spots in our top-6. The bottom-6 scoring isn't great either, but I don't see that as the biggest problem with our forwards personally.

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009
That's what the boys needed was a big win like that and get Draisaitl going again! Hopefully we can take this energy into the Dallas game tomorrow :thumbu:

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Connor is a pipe dream for anyone wanting to target a winger from Winnipeg. The odd man out at this point is Ehlers.

That Reinhart deal was a killer.

I had to check out some salary and Winnipeg is in a world of hurt soon. Lots of good players at the end of their contracts. I have seen Ehlers play in Halifax a number of times in jr. Very good player.

Winnipeg Jets - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
2020 1st, right, because I'm not trading a top-10 pick plus a bunch for Ehlers.

That 2019 pick is probably not going to be as good a player as Ehlers and certainly not going to be as valuable in the next 2-3 years when the team needs to make some major progress.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Benning, a prospect and the 1st rounder for Ehlers?

I’m actually probably the only one gonna say this but I think Benning has improved quite a bit. We need to move out money in the offseason and I think it will be Russell or Sekera.
I’m not sure on the 1st. You wouldn’t believe the picks Vegas has this year. They have 3 picks in the 3rd and 3 in the 5th. . Columbus on the other hand

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
That 2019 pick is probably not going to be as good a player as Ehlers and certainly not going to be as valuable in the next 2-3 years when the team needs to make some major progress.

Ehlers would help the team out. I would put him on McJesus line to try him. He has wheels. We just need to clear cap. What would one do to get rid of Lucic. I pretty much guarantee he wants out

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Might not be as good but much cheaper for 3 years while letting us sign another top 6 player. That in itself is better than Ehlers

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
I’m actually probably the only one gonna say this but I think Benning has improved quite a bit. We need to move out money in the offseason and I think it will be Russell or Sekera.

Benning is a solid depth D and he's relatively cheap which is why I think he'd appeal to the Jets. I'm not sure they can afford to part with Russell or sekera unless they're bringing in another top 4 D.

Ehlers would help the team out. I would put him on McJesus line to try him. He has wheels. We just need to clear cap. What would one do to get rid of Lucic. I pretty much guarantee he wants out

I'd keep McDavid and Drai together and run Ehlers-Nuge, but having a fourth real top 6 F would give you some flexibility to mix and match.

Might not be as good but much cheaper for 3 years while letting us sign another top 6 player. That in itself is better than Ehlers

Is it? Ehlers is a 23 year old, 60 point player signed long term to a reasonable contract. Good luck finding that in free agency.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Benning is a solid depth D and he's relatively cheap which is why I think he'd appeal to the Jets. I'm not sure they can afford to part with Russell or sekera unless they're bringing in another top 4 D.

I'd keep McDavid and Drai together and run Ehlers-Nuge, but having a fourth real top 6 F would give you some flexibility to mix and match.

Is it? Ehlers is a 23 year old, 60 point player signed long term to a reasonable contract. Good luck finding that in free agency.
Not Fort Nite Ehlers. He's a 35 points player

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017

That is why I like Benning now, the cost. We at OILERNATION have to stop using certain players for a hate board. I notice people like to complain about Nurse, Drai, and Nuge. I’m a big fan of Nurse. Does he makes mistakes? Yes. It’s all part of the process. I do think we have a dandy in Nurse

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan

It doesn't matter. Winnipeg isn't going to trade a cost controlled Ehlers. He is signed for a very fair $6 million for the next 6 years. He is a 45-50 points/year guy, which is about what a $6 million player is now-a-days. They are going to let other players go who are up for renewal this year LONG BEFORE they let Ehlers go.

I would trade our 1st rounder this year (assuming its not a top-2 pick) for Ehlers all day, every day. But again, this doesn't matter, as Winnipeg would most certainly not make that trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad