Post-Game Talk: Double The Fun!

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Rieder chants:

:')

The fun of this is in two parts.
1. Classy move with a f*** you twist to our President. Smart chant.
2. Shows that Oiler fans know what's going on and their players. This would never happen at a Flames game. Anyone not named Gaudreau, Monahan or Giordano and 90% of the fan base doesn't know who they are or how they're doing.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I like Khaira but I could definitely live with that. I feel like Currie can step in to replace Khaira pretty well.

IMO many of you might be selling Gambardella short as a 4th liner. As for Jujhar, I'd see if we can keep him on the cheap but I'd be fine with that trade as Brown would be adding speed to the lineup.

Reactions: Oilhawks and ujju2

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
If Gagner, Chiasson and Rieder are not re-signed, this is what I have for next year:

Draisaitl-McDavid-Kassian
Gambardella-RNH-Currie
Benson-Marody-Puljujarvi
Lucic-Cave-Khaira
Brodziak

Klefbom-Larsson
Nurse-Russell
Sekera-Bouchard

Am I missing anybody? The wingers are awfully weak.
Edit: Gags still has another year. Ideally he slots in where Lucic is.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
IMO many of you might be selling Gambardella short as a 4th liner. As for Jujhar, I'd see if we can keep him on the cheap but I'd be fine with that trade as Brown would be adding speed to the lineup.

Methinks Khaira is going to a team that gets dummied in the first round like a Nashville, Toronto, who needs cheap but tough talent and has to dump salary.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB

See below:

If Gagner, Chiasson and Rieder are not re-signed, this is what I have for next year:

Gambardella-RNH-Currie
Benson-Marody-Puljujarvi
Lucic-Cave-Khaira
Brodziak

Klefbom-Larsson
Nurse-Russell
Sekera-Bouchard

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

Gambardella-RNH-Currie
Benson-Marody-Puljujarvi
Lucic-Cave-Khaira
Brodziak

Klefbom-Larsson
Nurse-Russell
Sekera-Bouchard

IIRC Gagner has another year left on his deal.

Reactions: ujju2

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown

Gambardella-RNH-Currie
Benson-Marody-Puljujarvi
Lucic-Cave-Khaira
Brodziak

Klefbom-Larsson
Nurse-Russell
Sekera-Bouchard

Wait doesn't Gags have another year?

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
I like Khaira but I could definitely live with that. I feel like Currie can step in to replace Khaira pretty well.

Some combination of Brodziak, Cave, Khaira, Currie, Marody, Benson, and Gambardella would be a decent, and very cheap, 4th line.

1 or 2 of those guys above likely plays 3rd line duty as well you would think, along with Kassian and maybe Lucic. Not a fantastic bottom-6, but not terrible either. Especially if Marody or Benson can maintain at least a little bit of their scoring touch from the AHL. The big holes are really the 3 wingers spots in the top-6.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Fun game, the fans deserved a game like that. The crowd going crazy for Reider at the end had me cracking up.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

Gambardella-RNH-Currie
Benson-Marody-Puljujarvi
Lucic-Cave-Khaira
Brodziak

Klefbom-Larsson
Nurse-Russell
Sekera-Bouchard

We miss the playoffs with this lineup again.
Gambardella and Currie are not 2nd line players except in 2-3 game spurts.
Benson and Marody wont carry a 3rd line with PJ whose jury is so far out they are on the moon,
Defence still sucks.
Missing Gagner
This team needs some major surgery to the 2nd line and top RHD

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
We miss the playoffs with this lineup again.
Gambardella and Currie are not 2nd line players except in 2-3 game spurts.
Benson and Marody wont carry a 3rd line with PJ whose jury is so far out they are on the moon,
Defence still sucks.

This team needs some major surgery to the 2nd line and top RHD

I don't disagree. This is just an initial lineup I came up with before any moves are made. I think the forwards are honestly worse than the defence - I'd look for a top6 winger and a decent 3C first.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan

Why would the Leafs make that trade though. Brown > Khaira. I guess it might save the Leafs about $1 million in cap.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
He is getting Nicholson fired...what more do you want??

Nicholson ain’t going anywhere. Once this POHO GM thing gets sorted, hes back to his leather chair on the business side of the ledger. His mistake was not providing oversight to CHia who had both titles and thus had no oversight.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Why would the Leafs make that trade though. Brown > Khaira. I guess it might save the Leafs about $1 million in cap.

They will need every penny and thier 4th Line sucks, according to their coach. They will get dummied by Boston in the playoffs and will need to toughen up as well as lower salary costs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad