Rumor: Dorion to be fired [Update: unsubstantiated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
To be fair, I don't think Ken Holland is any better. They just seem like two stubborn boomers who can't navigate the modern NHL for shit.

Holland is definitely better than Chiarelli. If Holland was in place when Chiarelli was, the Oilers would of been further ahead than they are now. Holland at least has some patience and foresight, which the Oilers needed for a year or two after drafting McDavid. The problem with Holland now is that, it should of be/been go time for the Oilers and hes just not creative/aggressive/tactical enough to push a team beyond its talent.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
1698349468699.png

ottawagm

May 6, 2023
As usual, the people who look the most silly are the ones who take a tweet at face value.

He just said "actually not done".

We all knew Dorion was a deadman walking.

Nothing to see here.
Well if there is going to be a penalty for the Dadonov trade then I could see them waiting until that announcement to make the change.

But Andlauer also likes his Friday news cycle so maybe this happens tomorrow.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
As usual, the people who look the most silly are the ones who take a tweet at face value.

He just said "actually not done".

We all knew Dorion was a deadman walking.

Nothing to see here.
Tweet 1: "I'm hearing that Tom Hanks is DEAD!!! :eek3:"

Tweet 2: "Just to clarify: he is not currently dead or in risk of imminent death but he is definitely mortal"

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
He was probably upset that Dorion garnered alot of goodwill for his handling of the Pinto situation.

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
You told the other guy I was overreacting because I said Dorion was out and Chiarelli was in. That is literally the rumour this thread is about. So I don't understand how I am overreacting.
You were saying something about overreacting? ;)

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
Again, his source is part of the local ownership group involved in the bid.

I don't know if he's right about this one. But the ownership stuff was 100% accurate.

Or he posted prematurely and got lucky.

I'm not giving him credit for saying something was done and then that thing being done 20+ days later. Not when the evidence suggests that there were twists and turns to the story during the intervening period.

Reactions: swiftwin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad