puckpilot

Oct 23, 2016
latest

Stone: "What's Dorion doing over there?"

Duchene: "He's spinning... a lot."

Stone: "Cute, but he still looks like a dick."

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
So can Sens player waive themself now and terminate their contracts? I mean you could argue about the "Health-level" in their front office..

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Yea, is not like Ottawa could dress the water boy and probably still finish in the same spot in standings... Zach Smith is critical for their success...

Again, Dorion did a lot of stupid things, but people are blowing the waiving of an overpaid player who seems to be on the down slope of his career out of water.

No, because that's not what's so insane about it.

The fact that the coach didn't even know, and has the player making the cut in the current lines is what's insane about it. That the temperature of the locker room wasn't taken or considered is silly, and if we're being realistic here, acting like this is one move in a vacuum is disingenuous.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

The fact that the coach didn't even know, and has the player making the cut in the current lines is what's insane about it. That the temperature of the locker room wasn't taken or considered is silly, and if we're being realistic here, acting like this is one move in a vacuum is disingenuous.

I’m not sure what you mean by the coach not knowing. Of course Boucher knew, he wasn’t blind sided and informed though the media. Obviously he didn’t agree with it but he was informed of the decision before it happened. GM and coach have differing opinions, more at 11!

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
So, exactly how many NHLPA grievances are we going to get out of this whole trainwreck Ottawa situation?

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Yea, is not like Ottawa could dress the water boy and probably still finish in the same spot in standings... Zach Smith is critical for their success...

Again, Dorion did a lot of stupid things, but people are blowing the waiving of an overpaid player who seems to be on the down slope of his career out of water.

You just dont get it. It's about the room and the other players. It's pretty clearly a bad move with the other players complain in the media, I dont ever recall that happening before.

HockeyGuruPitka

Jan 27, 2010
Toronto
Lets send a message to the room, when our two most valuable players are UFA at the end of the season.

Its shocking, but i guess Ottawa will be in some pain for a while. I cant see any sure fire solutions at any of the key positions moving forward. No blue chip D, C, or G. Maybe G.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
Dorion is like a poster that very clearly doesn't get it and yet they keep typing away. You're just left wondering if they're actually stupid or are doing a very slow troll con to get a rise out of people.
I think almost any poster on here would do a better job than Dorion. I wish I was joking.

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
Ottawa's 4 best and most valueable players last season were Karlsson, Duchene, Stone, and Hoffman. Two have already been traded for a terrible return, and the remaining two are pending UFAs. The team has been in the news for countless negative stories this offseason. The team is not expected to be very good, and have no top pick in the draft to compensate for it.

The last thing the management needs to be doing right now is sending the message "play well, or you're gone" to the players.

Not to mention that the message they actually received is "the owner is cheap, and would give us away for free if it saved him any money" and "management doesn't care about morale, leadership, or loyalty."

Reactions: NorthCoast

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
Also, I forgot to mention, it seems like one interesting bit keeps getting forgotten here. Zack Smith and his wife just had their first baby. She's only a few weeks old.

If he had been claimed on waivers, he would have had to move his new family from their home just so Dorion could "send his message."

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Also, I forgot to mention, it seems like one interesting bit keeps getting forgotten here. Zack Smith and his wife just had their first baby. She's only a few weeks old.

If he had been claimed on waivers, he would have had to move his new family from their home just so Dorion could "send his message."
Jesus.

I had my first not long ago. If i had to move in the middle of that, I'd likely not report and face suspension.

Reactions: iSophagus

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
Maybe all the Sens hope they are put on waivers and claimed.

Seems like the Sens will be the NHL version of "Survivor". Every week we see who is kicked off the island.

Except on Survivor the goal is to stay on the Island. In this twisted version produced by Dorion and Eugene everyone is fighting for a chance to get off the island and find a better island.

Reactions: lifelonghockeyfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad