Dorion Presser - April 12,18

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
no he's not

yes, yes he is.
he is uncertain, nervous, his odd voice modulations are...odd

if i had to paint a picture based on what i hear over the radio it would be that of a unprepared, sweaty, fidgety, nail bitting new kid at school trying to bull$hit his way through an oral presentation.
the only time he comes across with any sort of confidence is when he talks about scouting.

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
I never heard it.. I thought he said there was never such thing in the past ( avoiding drafting Russians)... anyway the important part to me is they would draft Svechnikov if he is the BPA
After he said he would take a Russian player if he was BPA, he explained that they haven't drafted a russian in a long time, and that there's "always exceptions to the rule." I chalk it up to him being a bit of a nervous speaker more than there being an actual rule .

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
yes, yes he is.

if i had to paint a picture based on what i hear over the radio it would be that of a unprepared, sweaty, fidgety, nail bitting new kid at school trying to bull$hit his way through an oral presentation.
the only time he comes across with any sort of confidence is when he talks about scouting.
He's nervous but he's a pretty young gm who doesn't have a history of being in the spotlight. I don't think he's a bad communicator, just nervous.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
yes, yes he is.

slide_24.jpg

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
After he said he would take a Russian player if he was BPA, he explained that they haven't drafted a russian in a long time, and that there's "always exceptions to the rule." I chalk it up to him being a bit of a nervous speaker more than there being an actual rule .
I missed that I guess.. thanks

Reactions: Smeddy

Wondercarrot

Jul 2, 2002
He's nervous but he's a pretty young gm who doesn't have a history of being in the spotlight. I don't think he's a bad communicator, just nervous.

he's a grown man in a job at the top of his profession which requires communication skills. "nervous" doesnt cut it.
i hope he doesnt get scared talking to all the big boy GMs

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
he's a grown man in a job at the top of his profession which requires communication skills. "nervous" doesnt cut it.
i hope he doesnt get scared talking to all the big boy GMs
I guess if it's that important to you. I don't really care, he's made some pretty big trades and some pretty complex, innovative three way trades. I imagine he's doing just fine talking to the"big boy gms." I'd rather Dorion's nervousness than Bergvin's smugness.

Reactions: coladin and Daffy

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
So... you mean the price for Ottawa to reacquire him after the expansion draft wasn't a 1st round pick + as some suggested and LV wasn't refusing to deal with us out of spite? We just didn't want to give up the equivalent of a 2nd round pick and a recently drafted 7th rounder? I'm shocked.

The rumours I heard, was that the VGK wanted a 1st round pick to NOT pick Methot in the expansion draft.

Are you conflating the two situations?

Wondercarrot

Jul 2, 2002
I guess if it's that important to you. I don't really care, he's made some pretty big trades and some pretty complex, innovative three way trades. I imagine he's doing just fine talking to the"big boy gms." I'd rather Dorion's nervousness than Bergvin's smugness.

i think its important that the face of the franchise to the public is able to communicate effectively
i mean seriously, are you listening to him speak to Steve Lloyd right now?

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Now on 1200

Boy it can be painful listening to him squirm and scramble

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
i think its important that the face of the franchise to the public is able to communicate effectively

Do you really believe that Pierre Dorion is "The Face of the Franchise"?

If you do then are all GMs the "Face of the Franchise" of their respective teams?

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Great. Thanks for establishing that, for the 5th time...
It is a valid point that had to be reiterated due to the challenges other posters made to the opinion.

I don't think it is a massive deal and expect that Dorion will get better at it over time, however the fact that every post that is even slightly critical of the owner or GM is instantaneously attacked gets tiresome.

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
I mean, he is facing the public and communicating what he needs to communicate. Obviously he's not great at it but he's doing it. I just think it's a silly thing to get upset about, there's certainly better things you could criticize Dorion for.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
- They're gonna discuss an extension with Wideman but "won't do anything crazy".
- Lajoie, Gagne, Jaros should all be NHL players... Paul needs to decide (soon) if he wants to ever join that group.
- Wolanin doesn't seem like he will need AHL time. Told Boucher he had to play him 1 game and then he could decide beyond that. Next 9 games were Boucher's choice.
- Won't commit to having Hogberg back in Belleville - the only goalie who will 100% be back is Gustavsson.

I want someone to ask him about Summers!

Last edited:
Reactions: danielpalfredsson

Wondercarrot

Jul 2, 2002
Do you really believe that Pierre Dorion is "The Face of the Franchise"?

If you do then are all GMs the "Face of the Franchise" of their respective teams?

* The poster you are trying to reach has no interest in a discussion with you at this time.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Idk why he wouldn't just wait until they've made a decision to have a presser about this.
Boucher probably coming back then

If the quotes in this thread are accurate, it sounds to me like they'll keep Boucher so long as he is willing to play ball and coach the way they want him to.

So Boucher would be coming back, but if he refuses to follow orders, he'll be replaced early on.

Reactions: Deku

Wondercarrot

Jul 2, 2002
I mean, he is facing the public and communicating what he needs to communicate. Obviously he's not great at it but he's doing it. I just think it's a silly thing to get upset about, there's certainly better things you could criticize Dorion for.

im hardly upset, im commenting on my amazment that someone in his position is such a poor communicator - dont worry ill sleep well tonight.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Dorion is an absolutely awful communicator.

Yeeeeeeeep. His statements that the media aren't telling us what he wants them to communicate come off as tin-pot dictator. He and Melnyk really just need to take a comms course or hire a comms officer ($80-$120,000 will get you a fine one in this city) to modulate their message.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad