Rumor: Dorion: “I don’t think we’ll be making every pick in the second round”

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Well seeing how Garrioch is saying that Ottawa is also talking to Arizona about Kuemper and Columbus about Korpisalo or Merzlikins, it really seems that Dorion doesn't agree with you.

murray is going to demand 5+ right and is probably going to want term right?

kuemper is signed for 2 years at 4.5 per
korpisalo is signed for 2 years at 2.8 per
Merzlikins is signed for 2 years at 4 per

there is a different in salary and term. Ottawa has a bunch of goalie prospects so I dont think we are looking for a goalie to come in and potentially block a spot (feel free to argue logic of it)

Now that i have written all of this im going to be proven wrong haha. If Murray is willing to sign around 4.5 or less with some term thats a different story

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
murray is going to demand 5+ right and is probably going to want term right?

kuemper is signed for 2 years at 4.5 per
korpisalo is signed for 2 years at 2.8 per
Merzlikins is signed for 2 years at 4 per

there is a different in salary and term. Ottawa has a bunch of goalie prospects so I dont think we are looking for a goalie to come in and potentially block a spot (feel free to argue logic of it)

Now that i have written all of this im going to be proven wrong haha. If Murray is willing to sign around 4.5 or less with some term thats a different story

I think the rumor from Garioch was that he wanted 6x6. Which that is more expensive in real money than Kuemper or Korpisalo, you also get Murray for 6 years instead of 2 years like the other guys.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
At the worst possible time though. With COVID, leagues shutting down, travel restrictions etc, scouting was one tough job I imagine.

Next season would be the worst possible time. With these guys you have a pretty good read on them; next year is going to be more of a crapshoot due to the shutdowns.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Makes sense. Wouldn't want more chances to add a solid prospect.

Sens don’t need « solid » prospects anymore, they have about a dozen or more of those.

They need blue chippers and roster players. They added Stutzle and Sanderson so there’s your 2 blue chippers and Matt Murray would be the roster player with potential to stick long term.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Gustavsson has never played a game in the NHL. How is that better than Murray? :laugh:

Furthermore, Gustavsson is currently on loan to a HockeyAllsvenskan team (2nd tier league in Sweden) and not even an SHL team.
See my edit, I was referring to Hogberg and Nilsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad