Rumor: Dorion: “I don’t think we’ll be making every pick in the second round”

Status
Not open for further replies.

TSA0402

Apr 4, 2011
Ottawa
Those prospects won't be jumping to the team for a few years. In the meantime, as of today, the Sens roster for next season looks abysmal.

Norris, Brown, Brannstrom, Thomson, Formenton, Stutzle, Sanderson?

If you're talking goalies sure, Murray just posted a sub .900 season and wants 5-7 mil per season. Keep him we'll talk to Columbus instead.

Mick Jagr

Nice guy, tries hard, loves the game.
Jul 11, 2009
Peterborough, ONT
twitter.com
Both of them were better than Murray last year.

Weird, considering they were on such a "bad" team and Murray was on such a "good" team.

Gustavsson has never played a game in the NHL. How is that better than Murray? :laugh:

Furthermore, Gustavsson is currently on loan to a HockeyAllsvenskan team (2nd tier league in Sweden) and not even an SHL team.

Reactions: Empoleon8771

Mick Jagr

Jul 11, 2009
Peterborough, ONT
twitter.com

If you're talking goalies sure, Murray just posted a sub .900 season and wants 5-7 mil per season. Keep him we'll talk to Columbus instead.

Sanderson and Stutzle aren't jumping in next year. That would be abysmal for their development.... especially on a team without a starting goalie. :thumbu:

Mick Jagr

Jul 11, 2009
Peterborough, ONT
twitter.com

Do you have any proof that Murray wants 7 million a season? I'm a diehard Penguins fan and I've yet to read that anywhere. You're just spouting nonsense.

TSA0402

Apr 4, 2011
Ottawa
Do you have any proof that Murray wants 7 million a season? I'm a diehard Penguins fan and I've yet to read that anywhere. You're just spouting nonsense.

Ok troll.. nobody here is coming up to you saying we want Murray and severely lowballing you. We're satisfied with our direction despite the fact you insist our team needs for a rebuilder must be solid starting goaltending. .899 doesn't scream that out anyway.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
If you're Pierre Dorion? Sure.

If you're Jim Rutherford? Absolutely not.

I don't think JR's really in a position to be picky here. Maybe you can get pick #52 instead or maybe you can get a 3rd in addition to a 2nd (that's what I'd be shooting for, pick #61 and pick #71), but the market is so saturated right now that JR isn't in a position to be picky.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Sounds like its mostly Penguins fans trying to convince Senators fans that they need Murray.

I think Ottawa is pretty content with a mediocre starter or 1a 1b tandem going into this season. They aren't desperate to make the playoffs, no need to spend quality assets on a guy like Murray and the fat contract he's going to demand.

Reactions: MrCraigAnderson

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Sounds like its mostly Penguins fans trying to convince Senators fans that they need Murray.

I think Ottawa is pretty content with a mediocre starter or 1a 1b tandem going into this season. They aren't desperate to make the playoffs, no need to spend quality assets on a guy like Murray and the fat contract he's going to demand.

Well seeing how Garrioch is saying that Ottawa is also talking to Arizona about Kuemper and Columbus about Korpisalo or Merzlikins, it really seems that Dorion doesn't agree with you.

He would have to agree to sign an extension first or there’s no point, particularly if it’s true that he turned down Chicago.

He turned down Chicago because Chicago's offer was insultingly low, because they've been trying to lowball their goalies for months. It's why they traded Lehner when Lehner didn't agree to a low-ball deal and why they didn't re-sign Crawford.

If Lehner is being traded because the Hawks and he couldn't agree to a deal, Crawford is leaving after the Hawks offered him 1 year at $3.5 million and a Murray deal fell apart because the Hawks were offering Murray's arbitration award on a 5 year deal, that just tells me the team is the problem here.

PoutineSp00nZ

Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Well seeing how Garrioch is saying that Ottawa is also talking to Arizona about Kuemper and Columbus about Korpisalo or Merzlikins, it really seems that Dorion doesn't agree with you.

They're going to have conversations, why wouldn't they?

I think a guy like Keumper or Korpisalo would fit their needs way more than Murray does. Just a goalie to ride out a season or two, won't cost much in salary or assets. Potential to find their game and turn into a legit starter.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Ottawa....other teams want cap space in trading a goalie more than you actually need a certain one. Play them against each other and grab one with your later 2nds. Don't trade #33.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
They're going to have conversations, why wouldn't they?

I think a guy like Keumper or Korpisalo would fit their needs way more than Murray does. Just a goalie to ride out a season or two, won't cost much in salary or assets.

I feel like Kuemper and Korpisalo would both be more expensive to acquire than Murray. I think JR takes a 2nd and 3rd if that's offered for Murray right now. I'm not convinced Arizona or Columbus take that for either of their goalies.

I think Korpisalo would be legitimately expensive to acquire right now and I think Kuemper likely costs 2 2nds or more, mostly due to how cheap his contract is.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Jost and/or Zadorov are available if you would like to discard some 2nd and/or 3rd round picks.

PoutineSp00nZ

Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
I feel like Kuemper and Korpisalo would both be more expensive to acquire than Murray. I think JR takes a 2nd and 3rd if that's offered for Murray right now. I'm not convinced Arizona or Columbus take that for either of their goalies.

Im sure they;'d be interested in bringing in a goalie, but I don't think they're gunna break the bank to do it. And a guy like Murray is an expensive gamble.

I just don't think they're desperate to make that move just yet. They have another season without many expectations, so better to wait for a better situation to come along then spend a shitload of assets in an attempt to seriously improve the team immediately.

But if the right deal comes along yeah they'll make a move.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Reimer + Dzingle for #61

Late 2nd for a solid cheap backup plus a known piece that Ottawa can likely flip for another 2nd at the trade deadline.
Dzingel would learn a hard lesson about the futility of trying to escape the clutches of Ottawa. Free will is an illusion Ryan, there’s no escaping the Canadian Tire Centre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad