Donut's Fantasy Hockey Pool 2014-15 (Discussion Thread)

donut

Sep 5, 2012
:nhl

I'll run the draft if we can get a reasonable amount of guys on board to do a hockey pool.

Hockey Pool Outline:
- 24 rounds (minimum 12 F, 6 defenders, 2 goalies // maximum 3 goalies)
- all players drafted will be active
- points will be calculated on pickuphockey.com (aka no sign-ups needed)

Point System for Players:

Category|Value
Goals|1
Assist|1
SHG/GWG|+1
Hatty|+2
PIM|0.2​

Point System for Goalies:

Category|Value
Win|2
OTL/SOL|1
Shutout|+2
Assist|3
Goal|20​

---------

League Members

GM | Team Name DonutLee | Prince Albert Raiders VanIslander | Las Vegas Wranglers LatvianTwist | Windsor Shadows xxOPPNOOBZxx | Seattle Emeralds showjaxx | Broadway Blueshirts Horvat2Virtanen | Vancouver Saqibs OnTheBrink | Airdrie Bighorns BoldNewLettuce | Ontario Reign nabby12 | Kazzinc-Torpedo ali100 | Silicon Valley Bears

Last edited:

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
I'll manage the Las Vegas Wranglers.

LasVegasWranglers.PNG

donut

Sep 5, 2012
Sweet, we have 6 people on board already and it's been a little over a day. Hopefully a few more guys join in and we can start hopefully either Wednesday or Thursday.

donut

Sep 5, 2012
That's 8 boys! I'll leave sign-up up for one more day to see if we can get a few more guys/gals onboard.

Draft order will be posted on Wednesday along with the Draft thread and Roster thread.
Clock will not start until Thursday (2 hours per pick, details to follow)

Any questions or suggestions, feel free to message me. I want to just keep this thing as simple and straight forward as it can be.

Some of you have already done so but for the rest, feel free to post what you want your team name to be.

donut

Sep 5, 2012

Please post your team name in this thread by to 3:00pm EST, draft order will be posted around 6:00pm EST along with details of the draft. (Reminder PMs will be sent in the morning for those who haven't posted their team names yet)

Draft thread and roster thread will be up sometime in the evening.

This thread will work as the discussion thread for the draft as well as where I'll post any announcements.

PLEASE DO NOT POST IN THE DRAFT THREAD UNLESS IT IS YOUR PICK, keep all discussion in this thread.

donut

Sep 5, 2012

Roster thread is up, teams can reserve their post now.

For people who haven't noticed yet, in the League Members table in the OP, clicking on the name of the GM will automatically direct you to their private message to making PMing easier. Eventually when the roster threads are up, clicking on the team name will direct you to the teams roster post.

Draft order will be up in a little bit and yes, it will be snake format. Three things everyone should keep in mind is that...

1) please remember to PM the GM after you so they are aware they are up
2) list are encouraged, even if you will be online when it is your pick. having list will allow for the draft to run much smoother and it can GMs avoid getting skipped
3) trading will be ALLOWED once the draft ranking is announced, however there are a few conditions
-------- a) each team must be acquiring the same number of pieces in any deal (ie. 1 for 1 deal, 2 for 2 deal)
-------- b) no trade can exceed 10 pieces being involved (the max deal is a 5 for 5 trade)
-------- c) both GMs must CONFIRM the trade before it is finalized
-------- d) skipped picks CANNOT be traded
-------- e) any deal must be sent into Donutlee (me) before it gets posted
-------- f) the league holds the right to veto any lopsided transactions

The rest of the rules will be posted along with the draft thread...
Any questions, feel free to PM me.

donut

Sep 5, 2012

2014-15 Fantasy Draft Order

1. showjaxx - Broadway Blueshirts
2. Horvat2Virtanen - Vancouver Saqibs
3. BoldNewLettuce - Ontario Reign
4. VanIslander - Las Vegas Wranglers
5. xxOPPNOOBZxx - TBA
6. nabby12 - Kazzinc-Torpedo
7. DonutLee - Prince Albert Raiders
8. OnTheBrink - Airdrie Bighorns
9. ali100 - Silicon Valley Bears
10. LatvianTwist - Windsor Shawdows​

donut

Sep 5, 2012

Draft thread is up, picks can be made once I post the draft thread up (stay on the look out showjaxx, it should come tonight). Clock will not start until tomorrow at 3PM EST.

Trading is open too. All rules for this game and for the draft are posted in the draft thread, please take a second to look through them and message me if there are any problems.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad