Donut's Fantasy Hockey League

donut

Sep 5, 2012
Donut won't be getting an apology apparently but he sure deserves applause for doing a good job 99% of the time! Things are run well here.

The draft is nearly over, and assuredly the season will be run for this league. A couple of questions though:

1) What about undrafteds? Could they be add/dropped? Or will we have a 5-pick minidraft during the NHL preseason in September to pick up and drop guys as training camps finish and slots are set, injuries and promotions, demotions happen, etc.

2) How will the points be tabulated? Yahoo?

Thanks VI!

1) It's kind of like you read my mind. I plan to have a 5-round mini draft sometime mid-September after training camp is finished and before the start of the season (most likely 2-3 days before we'll do it). During this time, you will have the option to drop a maximum of 5 players of your choice from your roster and pick up 5 new ones.

All players being dropped must be announced 24 hours before the mini-draft. The number of players you drop determine the number of rounds you will participate in. The draft order will be determined randomly for this.

Injuries happen all the time in hockey and could be very costly. The plan I have so far is that each team will be given 5 IR Spots. If you decide to place a player on the IR, they will remain there for at least a week and you will get to pick up a player, of that position, to fill in. The reason there is a minimum time for the IR is because I don't want to see people abusing "injuries" for picking up players on hot streaks.

Aside from the Pre-Season and Injuries, Trade Deadline day will be the only other time where you will be able to pickup/drop players. During the evening of Trade Deadline day, we will have a mini 3-round draft where you will be allowed to drop a maximum of 3 players. Basically it'll be the same format as the Pre-Season one except the draft order will be based off of last place to 1st.

2) As I've stated on the OP, I plan to use pickuphockey.com. It is a simple site that I've been using for years and will NOT require people to make accounts in order to see their rosters/stats. (I might consider using other leagues too such as Yahoo, TSN or FanTrax...I'll decide closer to the season)

These are the plans I have so far that I can remember. Things could be changed determined on how set-up goes. Feel free to ask questions or make suggestions! And a reminder for everyone, make sure you have the correct number of Forwards, Defense and Goaltending.

donut

Sep 5, 2012
ANNOUNCEMENT: Because of the decision of the Mini-Draft Prior to the start of the season, I will allow teams to have an additional $2M cap space on-top of the $85M during the off-season. After the Mini-Draft, teams will be required to be below $85M.

For any people who wish to change their picks in rounds 24 & 25 is allowed to do so; just post in the draft form who you are un-selecting and who is the new draftee.

HOPE THE LITTLE BREATHING SPACE WILL HELP TEAMS OUT!

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
ANNOUNCEMENT: Because of the decision of the Mini-Draft Prior to the start of the season, I will allow teams to have an additional $2M cap space on-top of the $85M during the off-season. After the Mini-Draft, teams will be required to be below $85M.

For any people who wish to change their picks in rounds 24 & 25 is allowed to do so; just post in the draft form who you are un-selecting and who is the new draftee.

HOPE THE LITTLE BREATHING SPACE WILL HELP TEAMS OUT!

can you add round 17 to that list please

donut

Sep 5, 2012
Just to give you guys a heads up that I'll be travelling today till Monday and I'm not sure if I'll have access to internet on the trip. I'll be accessing everything via my phone and considering that the draft is pretty much over, there's not much to do right now.

Would like to thank everyone who has participated in this Fantasy Draft and can't wait till the season starts! If anything comes up, post here or PM me.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Gaborik, Boyle and Seidenberg available for a trade. Looking for cheaper players

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Gaborik, Boyle and Seidenberg available for a trade. Looking for cheaper players
With a career-high 30 points (a few years ago) the defensively-skilled 32-year-old Seidenberg is a German worth dropping in the fall during the 5-pick draft for this points pool draft imo.

The other two are trade worthy, if you've got the cap room!

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
With a career-high 30 points (a few years ago) the defensively-skilled 32-year-old Seidenberg is a German worth dropping in the fall during the 5-pick draft for this points pool draft imo.

The other two are trade worthy, if you've got the cap room!

He averages just under 30 points per full season (from last 5 years) which is decent for a D-man. This year he was on pace for that again.

Just because he is more defensive-minded doesn't make him useless in this game. Still gets more than enough points to justify getting him in the last rounds.

How Ya Drouin

12/08/13 GM GamesRIP
Apr 24, 2013
Ontario
Because nobody has scored more playoff points since the 2004-05 lockout than him (107 playoff points in 102 playoff games). When it matters most he delivers (like Krejci), only this guy is from Gatineau, Quebec and is playing in Montreal now, where every regular season game is like a playoff game in terms of pressure from fan expectations and just the hockey hype of the city. I expect him to be near a point a game (which puts him top-30 in league scoring, albeit toward the end).

This is a points league, not a voting-for-popularity fantasy league. Time will tell if my prediction is on or off.

Time has told me your prediction is off.

Koivu777

Feb 26, 2012
Hartford_Whalers_1979.jpg

Streit
Goligoski
Glencross
Stoll

On the block.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad