Donut's Fantasy Hockey League

donut

Sep 5, 2012
2013 NHL Fantasy Pool
Discussion + Sign Up Thread

[FIELDSET="Links"][/FIELDSET]

Welcome people. So this is going to be the NEW Fantasy Draft that we've hijacked from Galchenyum who has disappeared from HF. I'll be running this draft now and will make sure it stays active and on track throughout. Most of the draft rules will be based off Galchenyum's league (which was well thought out and a great idea), but with a few of my own tweeks.

We plan to run with 16 teams for this NEW fantasy draft. PM me if you're interested, looking for ACTIVE and somewhat experience fantasy pool GMs.

There have been a few changes to the rules compared to the last Fantasy League. Please take the time to read everything before PMing me (and feel free to make suggestions).​

[FIELDSET="Game Rules & Information"]
[FIELDSET="Commissioner & Co-Commish"]
EVERYONE IS A CO-COMMISH! WE WILL ALL MAKE THIS FANTASY DRAFT/POOL SUCCESSFUL TOGETHER!​
A successful league must consist of active GMs and everyone else helping out as well.​
[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="Game Schedule"]
2013 Offseason
• Date TBD - 25-round NHL Fantasy Draft

2014 Offseason
• Date TBD - 18-round NHL re-draft
• Date TBD - 5-round unsigned player/prospect Draft​
[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="General Game Rules"]
• The Salary Cap will be set at $85M for the 2013-14 season. All UFA/RFA contracts will be based off their 2012-2013 cap-hit (check capgeek.com). If the player gets re-signed/signed BEFORE you draft them, their new cap-hit will take in effect. If the player you draft gets re-signed/signed AFTER you draft them, you stay with their 2012-2013 cap-hit, for the 1st season.
• The salary cap will be calculated on a "total cap-hit" basis rather than the more complex daily cap-hit system the NHL employs. All GMs will be expected to manage their team's financials on the roster thread throughout the entirety of the game.
• We will use www.capgeek.com for player salary information.
• All 30 players will count towards your point total for the fantasy pool.
• All real-life NTC's and other contract clauses will be ignored. The yearly cap-hit of the player is all we will take into consideration.
• You can pick your own team name/location for this draft. (Please provide an abbreviation of your team name that I can use for the Draft Thread)​
[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="Fantasy Draft Rules"]
• The Fantasy Draft will consist of 25 rounds.

• 15 Forwards, 6 Defensemen, 2 Goalies, 2 Wild-card Selection (any position of your choice)

• We will be drafting from players IN the NHL as well as the prospects from the 2013 NHL Draft
• The draft clock will run from 9AM-9PM PST (12PM-12AM EST). During this time you will have 3 hours, starting from the time the pick prior to yours was posted, to make your selection. Picks can still be made at night but the three-hour rule is frozen during this time.
• GMs are expected to PM the commissioner(me) a proxy list if they think they will not be here at the time of their pick. Proxy list are encouraged regardless, just in-case something comes up and you can't make your pick in time. (Proxy list will not be opened until your pick).
• If you miss your pick and failed to provide a list, this will constitute as a strike. Three strikes(or two consecutive picks) and the GM is fired, replaced by another.
THE RULE NAMED AFTER MOLLY: You could also earn a strike if I feel like you deserve one... SCREW DEMOCRACY
THE RULE NAMED AFTER PIG: When you get your 2nd strike, you're clock time will be reduced down to 10 minutes and failure to pick or submit a list in will result in the last and final strike.
• GMs who fail to make their selection within their three-hour window, they will be skipped. If the GM does not come on to make their pick within 24-hours of being skipped, they will be autoed the BPA based on the stats of last year. (Could be very costly if you get skipped in the early rounds especially.)
• Once your pick has passed, please take ten seconds of your time to PM the next GM and let them know they they are up.

• Round 1 - 5 : 3 hours/pick
• Round 6 - 15: 2 hours/pick
• Round 16 - 25: 1 hour/pick

• Because the hockey pool doesn't officially start until the actual season, there is no rush to go any less than 1 hour for picks. (and I'm confident that with the GMs we have signed up, we won't be needing to skip anyone)​
[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="Re-Draft Rules"]
• The re-draft will occur every offseason starting in 2014 and will consist of 18 rounds of all signed and unprotected players.
• Teams will send in a list of 12 keepers who will not enter the re-draft (6 Forwards, 4 Defensemen, 2 Wild-card selections).
• Teams will also have the opportunity to retain 5 prospects per season. (0 NHL Games played)
• A second draft, consisting of 5 rounds, will occur following the re-draft for all unsigned and 2014 NHL draft eligible prospects (example: Aaron Ekblad will be an eligible pick).
• Once your pick has passed, please take ten seconds of your time to PM the next GM and let them know they they are up.​
[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="Trades"]
• Trading is obviously a big part of the game and will be allowed throughout the drafts and season. When you make trades, the team trading must acquire the same amount of picks/players they trade. (ie. 1-for-1, 2-for-2, etc.)
• All trades can be posted when both parties have come to an agreement. Trades will not be official until there is a post by one GM and a confirmation by the other. In order to keep things balanced, I'll be vetoing trades that seem be extremely lopsided. (doubt that will happen but fair warning)​
[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="2013-14 Pool Points System"]
• Forwards: Goal=1 point, Assist=1 point
• Defensemen: Goal=2 points, Assist=1 point
• Goalies: Win=2 points, Shutout=1 point, Assist=5 points​
[/FIELDSET]
[/FIELDSET]

General Managers
User | Team DonutLee | Brandon Wheat Kings Kesler2Burrows | Vancouver Canucks JI123 | Seattle Metropolitans PriceIsGod | Montreal Canadiens Koivu777 | Hartford Whalers MollyMollyOxenFree | Columbus Blue Jackets Lilina | London Ontario Knights VanIslander | Hamilton Bulldogs LatvianTwist | Dallas Stars trick9 | Buffalo Sabres CoachBadKitten | Toronto Maple Leafs HankTheTankYoLo | Frolunda Indians BigBenSF | Pittsburgh Power canadiensnation | Edmonton Oilers

I think I'm most likely going to go with pickuphockey.com cause I'm most familiar with that website and people won't have to make accounts to access the stats.

:nhl

Last edited:

How Ya Drouin

12/08/13 GM GamesRIP
Apr 24, 2013
Ontario
Expect me to pick up from where I left off in Galchenyum's game. Hopefully people will be more active this time around

donut

Sep 5, 2012
SHOULD HAVE RESERVED A FEW POST, mah bad..... I will post the draft order here (as well as on the Drafting thread that will be created sometime tomorrow).

Draft order results: 8, 1, 4, 14, 12, 11, 13, 15, 10, 5, 6, 3, 2, 9, 7

1) Lilina
2) DonutLee
3) PriceIsGod
4) BigBenSF
5) Gordo221
6) trick9
7) HankTheTankYoLo
8) LatvianTwist
9) Koivu777
10) ConnorOCyrus81
11) BoldNewLettuce
12) JI123
13) Kesler2Burrows
14) chuckinsauce21
15) MollyMollyOxenFree

Last edited:

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Is this starting over?

You mean I'm finally out of that game?

donut

Sep 5, 2012
Is this starting over?

You mean I'm finally out of that game?

I think JI123 is still trying to keep that game alive but it's close, if not already, to being dead. I made a new one for a fresh start and to have less GMs so it will be more active and easier to manage.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Meh, if you can't find any other GMs at any cost I might be able to, but 1 fantasy draft and the GM games is plenty for me as of now.

How Ya Drouin

12/08/13 GM GamesRIP
Apr 24, 2013
Ontario
I think JI123 is still trying to keep that game alive but it's close, if not already, to being dead. I made a new one for a fresh start and to have less GMs so it will be more active and easier to manage.

I'm not trying anymore. Monday was my limit, as that was the day Galchenyum was supposed to com back.

PriceIsGod

Carey Please :)
Jul 15, 2012
You know...
Just have a couple of questions but for the most part i feel i fit the criteria as im pretty Active unless something does pop up which rarely does :p. Anyways im kind of a nub to fantasy drafts and i would love for you to answer a couple of questions :)

1) So do we draft a team and then its like an actualy fantasy pool for next year so per example we have to wait till all 82 games to be done to tell who wins ? So its like a year long game ?

2) when you say all 30 count towards your team doe sthis mean all 3o count against your 75m caphit ?

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
BTW, I hope you know that sim engine is probably not the best to use.

donut

Sep 5, 2012
Just have a couple of questions but for the most part i feel i fit the criteria as im pretty Active unless something does pop up which rarely does :p. Anyways im kind of a nub to fantasy drafts and i would love for you to answer a couple of questions :)

1) So do we draft a team and then its like an actualy fantasy pool for next year so per example we have to wait till all 82 games to be done to tell who wins ? So its like a year long game ?

2) when you say all 30 count towards your team doe sthis mean all 3o count against your 75m caphit ?

1) Yes, it is a year long league that will conclude and have a winner at the end of the 82 game season.
2) I am considering of increasing the cap to 90M or shortening the rosters to 25 cause a 30-man roster is too much to fit within a 75M cap.

I will be on to answer the rest of the questions later, I have to go out and do something right now. Thanks for being patient. (Send PMs if needed)

Last edited:

PriceIsGod

Carey Please :)
Jul 15, 2012
You know...
1) Yes, it is a year long league that will conclude and have a winner at the end of the 82 game season.
2) I am considering of increasing the cap to 90M or shortening the rosters to 25 cause a 30-man roster is too much to fit within a 75M cap.

I will be on to answer the rest of the questions later, I have to go out and do something right now. Thanks for being patient. (Send PMs if needed)

i personally think a 30 man 85m is good but thats up to you

donut

Sep 5, 2012
Good point that VanIslanders stated via PM, if you are currently in an active league, please use a DIFFERENT team name in this league to cause less confusion for everyone (I'll be changing mine too, will update everything when I get home cause I'm on mobile atm). THANKS!

How Ya Drouin

12/08/13 GM GamesRIP
Apr 24, 2013
Ontario
I shall be the Seattle Metropolitans!

200px-Seattle_Metropolitans_Crest.gif

Last edited:

AnthonyJohnson

I'd be down to join your league if I can be the Flyers

hi

Sell sell sell
May 23, 2008
Sent a PM but I'd like to be in this league.

:cbj please

donut

Sep 5, 2012
Finally, I can get on my computer! I'm here if people have questions and stuff (feel free to PM me too). So far we have 6 guys confirmed. 1 guy pending.

I'M GOING TO ASK FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE LESS POST THAN 300, TO PLEASE SEND A PM ON WHY YOU THINK I SHOULD LET YOU JOIN THIS LEAGUE. We are looking for ACTIVE players that have experience and will stick around. Getting people to vouch for you will be good too... (that goes for everyone).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad