Don't you just hate it when...

snakeye

Jun 24, 2007
Montreal
You wanna make something to eat and are looking for a simple recipe online but keep stumbling on some god damn novel? The ingredients are buried somewhere down there after lines like "my hubby prefers two skimmed milk so a compromise had to..." and "tommy my eldest is allergic to... " blah blah f***ing blah!!! Like who writes this stuff, and who actually has time to read it?

Discuss

Sep 19, 2008
Online recipes are usually pretty reliable but I like having a collection of recipes to finger through. Unlike @RayP I actually own cookbooks which I cook out of regularly. How many Gordon Ramsay cookbooks do you have, @RayP ?

CRM 114

Mar 17, 2018
You wanna make something to eat and are looking for a simple recipe online but keep stumbling on some god damn novel? The ingredients are buried somewhere down there after lines like "my hubby prefers two skimmed milk so a compromise had to..." and "tommy my eldest is allergic to... " blah blah ****ing blah!!! Like who writes this stuff, and who actually has time to read it?

Discuss
I've never agreed with anything more than this post. Two thumbs up. I feel your pain. When I'm looking for a recipe and I stumble upon some stupid ass blog that is loaded with ads and unnecessary commentary I get pretty ticked off.

Reactions: snakeye

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Online recipes are usually pretty reliable but I like having a collection of recipes to finger through. Unlike @RayP I actually own cookbooks which I cook out of regularly. How many Gordon Ramsay cookbooks do you have, @RayP ?

Why do you like have a collection of recipes? Make it easier to start fires in the winter when you’re cold?

I can cook perfectly fine without someone telling me how to do it.

Care to share your knife sharpening gif? Horrifying.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad