Don't you feel this coming together?!! Am I dreamin?!!

Jetsetter

Mar 2, 2015
Winnerpeg
Maybe I'm being a bit to too optimistic but don't you feel this all coming together? Look at all these talented forwards and exciting line combo's! Three very solid lines with a real potential of a 4th with good depth. Great mix of speed, youth, size, experience, toughness and balance which might be difficult to defend against. The D-pairings and the pure number of quality D-men that play a solid system together no matter who's playing or not. The sheer number of quality goaltenders creating a healthy competition going forward! One of the best prospect pools in the game with a great clubhouse. It seems that everyone's excited and committed to a competitive, workable system that other teams hate to play against or at least totally respect. Fantastic coaching and a committed wealthy ownership. Finishing it off with a fanatic fan base that's fun to be part of.

Am I dreaming?

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Maybe I'm being a bit to too optimistic but don't you feel this all coming together? Look at all these talented forwards and exciting line combo's! Three very solid lines with a real potential of a 4th with good depth. Great mix of speed, youth, size, experience, toughness and balance which might be difficult to defend against. The D-pairings and the pure number of quality D-men that play a solid system together no matter who's playing or not. The sheer number of quality goaltenders creating a healthy competition going forward! One of the best prospect pools in the game with a great clubhouse. It seems that everyone's excited and committed to a competitive, workable system that other teams hate to play against or at least totally respect. Fantastic coaching and a committed wealthy ownership. Finishing it off with a fanatic fan base that's fun to be part of.

Am I dreaming?

I hope not. I've always tried to be very optimistic and this year it really seems to fit. I've been waiting for the youth movement to really take hold and this looks to be the year we take a step forward with the kids.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
I hope not. I've always tried to be very optimistic and this year it really seems to fit. I've been waiting for the youth movement to really take hold and this looks to be the year we take a step forward with the kids.

They are taking a step with the kids. Forward isn't assured.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Youth is always reason for optimism and creates excitement.

Betting heavily on youth is a big gamble though.

This will not be a heavy bet though if we have 1 rookie in the top 9 and 2 more on the 4th. It would be different if it was 3 in the top 9.

Jetsetter

Mar 2, 2015
Winnerpeg
They've said from the very beginning that they were a draft and develop team. They're simply following through with what they were committed to. At the draft table few have been better. Leadership on and off the ice has been spectacular.

Every team needs to rely on their youth, and we're no different. If our youth isn't all that good they'd fooled many!

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
If we get the goaltending we should be in the mix for the playoffs until the last game again. Without it like most teams we don't have much of a shot. This league is so insanly close now that there is zero room to breath once the season starts.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
They've said from the very beginning that they were a draft and develop team. They're simply following through with what they were committed to. At the draft table few have been better. Leadership on and off the ice has been spectacular.

Every team needs to rely on their youth, and we're no different. If our youth isn't all that good they'd fooled many!

Every team is a draft and develop team apart from the ready contenders... and New Jersey.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I wouldn't call myself optimistic, IMO that sounds like we're going to win something.....we're not....not this year. Not even sure we reach the playoffs this year.

But I would say I'm excited to see how a number of things turn out this year. IE: Ladd, buff, goaltending, prospects.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
They need some higher quality D men in the farm system but Myers and Trouba are young as is Chiarot. After Morrisey, it doesn't look like anyone (Kostalek?) could crack the top 4. They need to trade a quality wing prospect for a quality D prospect, if you ask me. Otherwise, Chevy is stacking the cupboards with quality goalies and forwards....I bet he wins the GM of hthe year award soon (or whatever they call it).

Jetsetter

Mar 2, 2015
Winnerpeg
They need some higher quality D men in the farm system but Myers and Trouba are young as is Chiarot. After Morrisey, it doesn't look like anyone (Kostalek?) could crack the top 4. They need to trade a quality wing prospect for a quality D prospect, if you ask me. Otherwise, Chevy is stacking the cupboards with quality goalies and forwards....I bet he wins the GM of hthe year award soon (or whatever they call it).

Detroit's not done to bad with 30 plus defencemen. Most likely the only position where experience plays a bigger role. Actually a good mix of young and older.

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
Felt like they would make the playoffs last season, but wasn't expecting much. This year though I am expecting more, and I believe they have the team to finally do it. We now have youth that can fill some of last years holes and give us a more rounded team.

Certainly do feel it coming :nod:

wpgallday1960

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2010
Sunny St. James
Felt like they would make the playoffs last season, but wasn't expecting much. This year though I am expecting more, and I believe they have the team to finally do it. We now have youth that can fill some of last years holes and give us a more rounded team.

Certainly do feel it coming :nod:

This is how I feel - generally optimistic. Maybe some slight concern about not being able to adequately replace Frolic, but largely optimistic.

pegjets

Oh Canada
Apr 4, 2013
I'm optimistic primarily because this is the 2nd full year for Paul Maurice, and he's getting only his 2nd camp to put his stamp/system on this team. I have faith he is a vastly superior coach to Noel, so I'm optimistic for gradual improvement this year as we saw last year.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Forward is never assured and it is a gamble. But I see no other path to contender status other than through the continued development of our prospects.

Exactly, you can question everything, forward is never assured with prospects, forward is never assured with vets, forward is never assured with washed up UFA's, blah blah blah. Take the best players, if theyre prospects then great. And in this case they are so lets roll with them. If we need to deal with some bumps in the road so be it, but we are one year away from something special, even if we need to take a small step back this year.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I kind of feel like this is the year. Buff and Ladd should be playing with an extra edge, for the business of their careers, which bodes well. Scheif, Lowry and Trouba should all make strides forward this year. The young players are starting to make their impression. We have the deepest defense in the division. The farm team is close to home, which means more access to top notch training facilities, and coaching. And public scrutiny. Maurice gave Pavelec a short leash last year, I feel like this is his last in Winnipeg, that something is going to change in our net, and for the better. Maybe Helleybuck takes the reigns. Maybe we trade with the bottom feeders who are more worried about bottom lines than quality personnel. Nobody in our division drastically improved, you could argue that both of Chicago and St. Louis, arguably the frontrunners, took steps backwards. This might be the best chance the Jets have to go to the Conference finals, and beyond.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Detroit's not done to bad with 30 plus defencemen. Most likely the only position where experience plays a bigger role. Actually a good mix of young and older.

Should have a mix, I agree, just not that much on the horizon for D men.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad