Post-Game Talk: Don't worry folks, Andersen won't play tomorrow night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
This loss is on Keefe.

Guy cannot coach or prep his team IMO.

Getting sick of him sticking with jt-nylander and matthews-marner duos especially when offense isnt coming. Absolutely PATHETIC tognight by keefe doesnt change much while jets outshoot the leafs

getting sick of Keefe's coaching

The hell is this crap?

rosscow

Apr 5, 2015
I counted 4 bad goals again tonight. Not all easy saves but 4 that he should have saved.

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
Leafs were flat, didn't make Broissoit work much at all. Too bad, he looked beatable.

Reffing was atrocious. When the Leafs dominate they come out with like 3 PPs in 2 games. When they go globetrotters, no infractions.

Game management is a curse.

Also, Andersen cannot be trusted. But at least they were outshot and lost, which isn't always the case...

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Absolutely f***ing embarrassing effort and execution from top to bottom.

I do not get how this team can go from looking like they did vs EDM, to looking like a bunch of f***ing idiots who have never played a minute together before.

Absolutely mailed it in vs a back-up goaltender in the series deciding game. Like, the Jets had to literally show up and shoot a couple times and its a big win.

The team in general was absolute trash, especially in the execution of whatever the f*** it was they were trying to do, but Andersen was the ring leader. His & the teams worst game of the season imo.

And, if they come out and win tomorrow, its a complete whatever if you ask me... beating the Sens is not an accomplishment... if they play like this, zero chance they win tomorrow, ZERO.

Only thing worse than the Leafs might have been Graham Skilliter... someone needs to smash that guy over the head with a skillet to knock some sense into him. He gets my loser of the night award for sure. In my experience, the only time a ref hands out an unsportsmanlike penalty like that is when the player/coach ragging him is 100% right. La Ronge should be ashamed of this ass (I kid, sort of).

Pathetic.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Leafs didn't play well enough to win and the Jets were a determined team tonight.

Andersen has been terrible since we left Edmonton. He must have like a .850sv% in the last four games. Just not even remotely good enough.

Referees decided to be a sideshow at the end which completely stymied any sort of comeback effort we could have had. Every time we got momentum going this game something slapped us down.

The Man with a Plan

Dec 19, 2008
Victoria BC
I'm not one to blame the refs; but, they really shouldn't be deciding games. It started with the Leafs getting a penalty for Ehlers skating into a player and diving. Then an interference call that is ignored the hundred times a game it happens against the Leafs. Then a penalty because you can't question the clowns. It's a joke.

This... a perfectly great game was decided by the refs and their utter failure to know a penalty from a dive

Reactions: Azazel

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
The Leafs did not deserve the win today. We weren't good.

That being said, upgrading Andersen should still by far be priority #1. Other teams will want him, but it is time to move on. His positioning is off. His reactions are slow. He is good for at least one weak goal every game.

He is by far the #1 reason we've lost 3/4 of the games we've played with him in net, and he didn't do anything to earn that one win.

We have one more game where he won't be in net and after that Campbell should be back and we have a huge stretch of games where we can find an upgrade to pair with him.

TopChedder

Oct 2, 2013
We didn't play all that well tonight, but it also seems the team doesnt play the same in front of Freddy, there is NO WAY they can believe in this guy.

We can't ALWAYS play perfect games, sometimes we will play like dogshit, we f***ing need the goalie to steal some games we don't deserve.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
Jets didn’t give the Leafs a lot tonight. Probably got what they deserved. Weird not seeing Mathews as the go to shoot guy. Oh well. On to Ottawa.

Griffin76

May 17, 2014
Nova Scotia
I'd expect a couple of changes for tomorrow. Hutchinson in for Andersen obviously because it's a b2b. Hopefully Thornton sits. He's been way too slow and needs a break. And one of Holl or Dermott needs to sit. Give Liljegren a game. Fresh legs should help.

Reactions: CelticDruid

Jesus Is Lord

Jan 13, 2019
Kind of a joke how players and coaches have to answer for everything when they mess up, but refs just get to go home like nothing happened after being absolutely shit night in and night out. If I was as consistently horrible at my job as they are at theirs I'd be embarrassed.

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
Team was too fancy tonight. They played Harlem Globetrotter in the O zone moving the puck around but no shots. Jets collapsed down low and took all shots away.

Andersen just is not a good goalie. Hopefully Keefe has the balls to start Campbell in the playoffs.

HellebuyckOurSaviour

Apr 8, 2014
Winnipeg
Jets fan here again. What a great series against you guys. No hate coming from me. One bad period isn't going to kill you. You guys will regroup, destroy Ottawa and we will see you at the end of the season for another 3 game series and then hopefully it's a best of 5 or best of 7 and show the rest of Canada what the 2 top teams in the north look like. Hopefully don't injure each other too bad to give the remaining 3 US teams a run for there money. You guys take care over here and next drinks are on us. PS please keep McDavid off the board again

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Missed the first 2 periods.

We didn't look good, Fred looked worse. We need to get back go purely defensive hockey infront of him if we want his numbers to improve.

As for the calls - You easily call Ehlers for the dive and Rielly for interference if you want to make that call. It's Rielly's space, Ehlers has to try and go around him. Hyman's is questionable given the situation, given you just opened up a two goal lead off a questionable call....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad