Post-Game Talk: Don't think "lose" is the right word

vwbm

Aug 27, 2013
Yes

Three contributions to last nights loss IMO:

1. Dion Phaneuf is really bad when he's tired and he tires easily when he plays too much in one game or in back to back games.

2. Teams with a strong 2nd line because defensively there's a huge drop off after our 1st D pairing.

3. Reimer looked terrible right from the first shot he faced.

1. It doesn't help that he smokes.

2. True though we have some promising young d coming up who knows one or two may pan out.
Finn swedes Percy.

3. Yes but he was better last year.
Could be confidence lacking in himself,
doesn't help by not playing much.

It also doesn't help that his flaws are really exposed this year.

Can I use this excuse?
Leafs were gassed last night standing around not skating.

With a team in the top 3 waiting for them after beating their rival the night before.

They should make it fair by having both teams playing the night before.

I sense a much stronger game tomorrow night.

Last edited:

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007

2. True though we have some promising young d coming up who knows one or two may pan out.
Finn swedes Percy.

Can I use this excuse?

With a team in the top 3 waiting for them after beating their rival the night before.

:laugh: what? Because you saw him bum a drunk smoke from a guy at a club one night?

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Sharks are an amazing regular season team that loses it's mojo every year in the playoffs. I'd say that we have about the same chances of making the Cup Finals as the Sharks :laugh:.

i will laugh so hard if it's the Leafs vs. Sharks this season ;)

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
i will laugh so hard if it's the Leafs vs. Sharks this season ;)

Haha yeah. All this talk about about how SJ can't win in the playoffs etc. had me thinking, wouldn't it be awesome if SJ made it to the finals this year, and then lost to the Leafs. Would be the ultimate kick in the bag for their fans. :laugh:

Sharksurfer

Jan 2, 2006
Haha yeah. All this talk about about how SJ can't win in the playoffs etc. had me thinking, wouldn't it be awesome if SJ made it to the finals this year, and then lost to the Leafs. Would be the ultimate kick in the bag for their fans. :laugh:

That'd be epic. Can you imagine the fans of both teams eviscerating their own players as both teams choked leads playing a 9-8 overtime game 7.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
That'd be epic. Can you imagine the fans of both teams eviscerating their own players as both teams choked leads playing a 9-8 overtime game 7.

:biglaugh: Please Santa make this happen.
[of course Leafs win, we've been waiting longer]

workedforme

Oct 20, 2006
:laugh: what? Because you saw him bum a drunk smoke from a guy at a club one night?

Just one example. Saw a lot more on Calgary Puck back when he played for the flames
kipper-dion-stripclub.jpg

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
If Phaneuf actually smokes he's an idiot. If even the anxiety riddled Ratboy can quit smoking, he's got no excuse.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
:laugh:

Everybody has seen that picture. Do you have any others? It doesn't mean he's a smoker because he had one smoke while drinking with team mates.

A smoker is a smoker. Social smoking isn't a real thing in my books :laugh:

With that said, the only references to him smoking have all been back in his Calgary days. There's no way that the captain of the Leafs will be anywhere around town with a cigarette in his mouth and nobody bothering to mention it. Either he's smart about where he lights one up or he may be quit smoking. I hope it's the latter - in his line of work especially, good working lungs are probably very important to his success and longevity in the sport.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Guy Lafleur was a chain smoker. Used to smoke in the dressing room between periods.

:D

Not saying smoking's a good thing or anything, but having a smoke once in a while has pretty much zero effect on your cardio or health in general.

tamle

Nov 13, 2013
Guy Lafleur was a chain smoker. Used to smoke in the dressing room between periods.

:D

Not saying smoking's a good thing or anything, but having a smoke once in a while has pretty much zero effect on your cardio or health in general.

Sounds like something smokers would use to rationalize why they haven't quit

vwbm

Aug 27, 2013
Yes

Finn swedes Percy.

Can I use this excuse?

:handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad