Don't talk about playoffs, you kiddin' me? Playoffs?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
The Caps just won their first two Western Canada road trip games against Van and Calgary in regulation.

If we miss the playoffs, we’ll have lost out to the selling Caps, the selling Flyers, and the perpetually rebuilding Red Wings.

A virtually fully healthy, win now Islanders team. That would be quite the indictment on this franchise.

The Flyers were more weird than sellers at the deadline, but there's no excuse for not beating them or the Capitals out.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
The Caps just won their first two Western Canada road trip games against Van and Calgary in regulation.

If we miss the playoffs, we’ll have lost out to the selling Caps, the selling Flyers, and the perpetually rebuilding Red Wings.

A virtually fully healthy, win now Islanders team. That would be quite the indictment on this franchise.
Or some of its core players…

Reactions: Potvottier

Potvottier

Jan 3, 2024

Detroit, Pittsburgh, Flyers and NJ are floundering and in worse positions than us.

Perspective....

Potvottier

Jan 3, 2024
one of the moves that I would like to see Roy make, is to put Holmstrom, Cizikas, and MacLean on line 3, and put Martin, CBuck, and Engvall on line 4.

Roy putting Barzal on the 2nd line seems fine. Palms is playing better than him, so it makes sense. I think that Pageau is smart enough to play effectively with Barzal, and Lee is the muscle. Engvall's speed could penetrate and surprise other teams' weak 4th lines.

We can easily get faster and younger, but we have to sacrifice experience. Not a smart move at this point in the game. Still, I think we should bring a few youngsters up and give them a look. Not just for their own experience, but to light a fire under the asses of the players who need to pick it up.

Bortuzzo is back. Him, CBuck and Martin are going to be valuable in the PO's, as long as they stay out of the box.

Last edited:

SI

Feb 16, 2013
93 points
  • Flyers 81 points - 10 Games Left - that would be 6-4
  • Red Wings 78 points - 11 games left - that would be 7-3-1
  • Capitals 79 points - 12 games left - that would be 7-5
  • Islanders 75 points - 11 games left - that would be 9-2
  • Penguins 70 points - 12 games left - that would be 11-0-1
  • Sabres 71 points - 10 games left - that would be 10-0
  • Devils 74 points - 10 games left - that would be 9-0-1
Flyers next 5
  • @ NYR, @ HABS, CHI, NYI, @ BUF
Islanders Next 5
  • @ FLA, @ TBY, @ PHI, CHI, @ Columbus,
Red Wings next 7
  • @ caps, @ CAR, @ FLA, @ TBY, NYR, BUF
Capitals next 7
  • DET, @ TOR, BOS, @ BUF, PITT, @ car, OTT

Last edited:

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Lock this thread 😂
giphy.gif

SI

Feb 16, 2013
MODS can we sticky this -

FlyersWingsCAPSISLES
82 points79 Points81 Points77 Points
8 - Games Remaining9 Games remaining10 Games remaining10 Games remaining
@ FLA - L@ CAPS - OTLWPG - WNJD - L
@ NYR - OTL@ CAR - LDET - W@ FLA - W
@ HABS - L@ FLA@ TOR - L@ TBY
CHI@ TBYBOST@ PHI
NYINYR@ BUFCHI
@ BUFFBUFPIT@ CBS
@ CBSCAPS@ CARNSH
@ HABS@ PITTOTTNYR
@ NYR@ TOR@ DETHABS
NJDHABS@ BUF@ NYR
CAPS@ HABSTBY@ NJD
BOSTPITT
@ PHI

IMO, 93 points will take 3rd in the Metro and 92 points to take the 2nd wildcard.

Last edited:

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT

FlyersWingsCAPSISLES
81 points78 Points77 Points77 Points
11 - Games Remaining11 Games remaining13 Games remaining11 Games remaining
@ FLA@ CAPSWPGNJD
@ NYR@ CARDET@ FLA
@ HABS@ FLA@ TOR@ TBY
CHI@ TBYBOST@ PHI
NYINYR@ BUFCHI
@ BUFFBUFPIT@ CBS
@ CBSCAPS@ CARNSH
@ HABS@ PITTOTTNYR
@ NYR@ TOR@ DETHABS
NJDHABS@ BUF@ NYR
CAPS@ HABSTBY@ NJD
BOSTPITT
@ PHI

IMO, 93 points will take 3rd in the Metro and 92 points to take the 2nd wildcard.
Isles have 75 points

Reactions: SI and The Real JT

The Real JT

Louie louie, oh no, me gotta go
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut

FlyersWingsCAPSISLES
81 points78 Points77 Points77 Points
11 - Games Remaining11 Games remaining13 Games remaining11 Games remaining
@ FLA@ CAPSWPGNJD
@ NYR@ CARDET@ FLA
@ HABS@ FLA@ TOR@ TBY
CHI@ TBYBOST@ PHI
NYINYR@ BUFCHI
@ BUFFBUFPIT@ CBS
@ CBSCAPS@ CARNSH
@ HABS@ PITTOTTNYR
@ NYR@ TOR@ DETHABS
NJDHABS@ BUF@ NYR
CAPS@ HABSTBY@ NJD
BOSTPITT
@ PHI

Isles have 75 points

Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

• Haha
Reactions: IslesNbeer

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Has a team with their goal differential ever made the playoffs? And done dick with it?

The Real JT

Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
Has a team with their goal differential ever made the playoffs? And done dick with it?
My expectations align with yours but I’m still rooting for them to make it.

If they miss, we’re likely looking at the 16th OA pick vs maybe the 17th if they miss. The spread I suppose might be a few more slots than that. The lottery affords us zero chance of getting the top pick and a minuscule one of bettering our position.

Just get in, let the younger guys get meaningful experience and have some fun as a fan.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
I did look at this crazy stat - the islanders have given up 18 empty net goals and have only scored 2, which is a goal differential of -16.

The Flyers have scored 9 and given up 9, which is net 0.
The Capitals have scored 12 and given up 6, which is a + 6

The Caps are pretty much getting blown out in games - where the Isles differential can be based on empty netters and OT losses, which they are 8-15 on 3on 3.

Last edited:

The Real JT

Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
I did look at this crazy stat - the islanders have given up 18 empty net goals and have only scored 2, which is a goal differential of -16.

The Flyers have scored 9 and given up 9, which is net 0.
The Capitals have scored 12 and given up 6, which is a + 6

The Caps are pretty much getting blown out in games - where the Isles differential can be based on empty netters and OT losses, which they are 8-15 on 3on 3.
“There are lies, damn lies and statistics” to quote Mark Twain.

If the Cup were between the Isles, Caps and Philly we could have a reasonable debate.

Alas, those aren’t the circumstances.

Like you, I’ll be rooting for the Isles to make the dance. After that my expectations, unlike yours, are negligible.

Reactions: Levi Walking Bear
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad