Don't Question Kane's Passion

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
The OP heading was "Don't question Kane's passion"

This season despite his new phat contract Evander has exceeded my expectations as far as game in game out passion and compete level. I have nothing to complain about at all in that regard. Kane appears to be extremely driven which bodes well for us.

Instincts

Jan 11, 2012
I like the way Kane plays in last 5-6 games. I wish he would keep playing the same way and show others on a team what is hockey all about. But the answer to a question does anybody else on a team plays with more passion? is simple, yes Burmistrov. Kane showed up to half of the games, Burmi showed up to all but 1 (and he got punished for it)

wilty00

May 15, 2007
Kelowna/Winnipeg
As much as I rag on him, I like to see the kid do well. He works his ass off and while he might not be the smartest guy off or on (some of his go-to plays still infuriate me) the ice he's definitely passionate and we need guys like him on the team to pick everybody else up.

Instincts

Jan 11, 2012
you are the same personality type at 22 and 32....your basic character doesn't change
Absolutely agreed. You can learn how to not raise your opinion if that's going to hurt you, how to swallow your pride for the better good of your family and kids how to control your tamper, but you basic character won't change. Ever asked yourself a question how come some people can feed their family and be good parents at age of 18-19 and others can't in age of 40? How come some people start to work/study at age of 18 and by the age of 22-23 know exactly where they headed and others 30 years old still work at Tim Horton's have 3 ex-girlfriends with kids but still don't know what to do with their lives. This is example of character. In many countries man at age of 18 going to serve in the army. So yeah I totally agree your character develops for sure before age of 22, unless you live in your parents basement till you're 30. But then again it's not that you've changed from 22 to 32, it is just your level of "responsible" got stuck at age of 12....

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Kane reminds me of Theo Fleury in many ways. Kane just rubs some people the wrong way, while fleury was a firecracker.

jetkarma*

This season despite his new phat contract Evander has exceeded my expectations as far as game in game out passion and compete level. I have nothing to complain about at all in that regard. Kane appears to be extremely driven which bodes well for us.

:handclap:

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand

I didn't have any real worries about his compete level coming into this season. His is the type that demands success in everything he does. I don't think he would be happy with himself if he grew lazy on his fat new contract.

DarthMonty

F*** CANCER
Aug 21, 2011
Optimismville
I am so totally in the demographic that supposedly dislikes Kane: middle aged, white, middle class (but I AM NOT a conservative), and I like him and want him to have fun and be successful. He's becoming a leader already, and he leads by how he plays. Whether he gets a letter or not remains to be seen, but right now he's helping to set the example, something I tell my kid who's playing hockey: set the tone, lead by example, do your best.

Right now, Kane is doing that = leader.

I too am right smack in the middle of the demographic that's supposed to dislike Kane. How can anybody dislike Evnader Kane? How can you dislike a 22 year old who plays the game with so much passion and enjoyment? IMHO Kane is one of the few "untouchable" Jets. He's a player you build a team around.

He's just a kid, basically, and probably had no guidance from the Thrashers organization in his first few years, and now after a year with TNSE he's matured off the ice and is definitely one of the team's on-ice leaders. Why shouldn't he be considered for a captaincy or alternate-captaincy?

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
I too am right smack in the middle of the demographic that's supposed to dislike Kane. How can anybody dislike Evnader Kane? How can you dislike a 22 year old who plays the game with so much passion and enjoyment? IMHO Kane is one of the few "untouchable" Jets. He's a player you build a team around.

He's just a kid, basically, and probably had no guidance from the Thrashers organization in his first few years, and now after a year with TNSE he's matured off the ice and is definitely one of the team's on-ice leaders. Why shouldn't he be considered for a captaincy or alternate-captaincy?

I'm in the same demographic as welll, but love what he's doing on the ice, and don't have a problem with the off-ice stuff. He's done nothing illegal, so I have no issues, and I find a lot of it funny/entertaining.

I can imagine what this board would be saying about ME if I were in Kane's shoes - I had more than a few "character issues" at his age. I'd argue, more than Kane.

That said: this is my opinion. I'm not attempting to silence or suppress the opinions of those that have issues with him - different strokes.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
There might be a few pockets out there that don't like Kane but in my experience 95% + out there are Kane supporters. He may do the odd thing off the ice that makes you shake your head, but on the ice he is dynamite and will be a star on this team for many years to come. And yeah the kid has lots and lots of passion. No worries there.

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
Absolutely agreed. You can learn how to not raise your opinion if that's going to hurt you, how to swallow your pride for the better good of your family and kids how to control your tamper, but you basic character won't change. Ever asked yourself a question how come some people can feed their family and be good parents at age of 18-19 and others can't in age of 40? How come some people start to work/study at age of 18 and by the age of 22-23 know exactly where they headed and others 30 years old still work at Tim Horton's have 3 ex-girlfriends with kids but still don't know what to do with their lives. This is example of character. In many countries man at age of 18 going to serve in the army. So yeah I totally agree your character develops for sure before age of 22, unless you live in your parents basement till you're 30. But then again it's not that you've changed from 22 to 32, it is just your level of "responsible" got stuck at age of 12....

When I was 21 I was a hardcore punk anarchist. At 45 I'm a middle class parent with some conservative leanings.
People not changing with age is ********.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad