Dont get me wrong??

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
This would be one way to get rid of Clode, because he'd have a freakin stroke.

Let's not forget, it took an injury to our 1C in DK to really get Spooner a legit look. There is no chance in hell he would be in there otherwise, which is just plain stupid at this point. Course we can't predict the future, but I"m glad right now I'm not seeing his talent in someone elses house.

And I want speed with some physicality to that 4th line, not a line that can't even forecheck anymore because they are slow and get hemmed in every chance they get.

Totally true. Can't argue with you...that third line is "not Clode."

The thing is, I can't get around it. And I'm someone who tries real hard to keep a firm grip on "Clode reality."

I just gotta feel Soda is gone. Spooner has got to play, and that spot is the only spot. Koko would make that line crazy exciting, and also give us a shot at, what, 4-6 more shootout points? Plus, Koko would give us another player keeping cost low, so we could make a splash move elsewhere.

Maybe it is fantasy. But I can't ignore the best move anymore. Like I said, Clode is going to have to work with what's here a bit more.

As for L4, I don't think my L4 is far off what you're asking for, speed and physicality. I also tried to keep them cheap, although I didn't state a specific physical player. Paille is quick, and Talbot isn't slow. Paille's speed and PK is why I'm keeping him. With Kelly and Campbell gone, and all.

rickizbruin

Feb 7, 2010
ONTARIO
I would give Chiarelli another year..but sorry claude.... to many times i have seen old vets like cambell on the power play cause hes a favorite... dont get me wrong.. soupy was a warrior.. but time to move on... same with some of the others... pie.. maybe kelly...
soda.. depends how much... but 4th line....
on defence ... bart.. sieds... the one i dont get rid of is Z..... think.. last year he was a Norris finalist.... you dont go down that much in one year... he will be back.. maybe not to 2011 form.. .but a very solid number 2 ... We will Rue the day we trade Z and im sick of Rueing ?

mcquaid goes no where.. he is a bruin for the foreseeable future.. and we bring up Morrow and let him sink or swim...

back up goalie.... sign an old guy who wants to be around and play 20 games... see what timmy is up too?? think outside the box.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Unbelievable how many Bruins fans want to fire the Best GM and/or Best Coach this team has had in our lifetimes after literally their first sub-par season.

If your son/daughter brings home a report card with a C- on it, will you disown them?

as the King of C- report cards, I hear ya:laugh:

whether you/me/we think anyone should or shouldn`t be fired, it`s a results driven business and I suspect, deserving or not, there will be change and I also suspect, it won`t be stopping with those who wear the suits

disfigured

Mar 29, 2003
Lowell MA
Show me another coach who's only won a single SC that hasn't been fired, other than the Claude's current peers? None. They all go at some point. No coach is bullet proof in this sport due to its inherent nature. And part that nature is fatigue. It's an incredibly grinding sport to be successful. Even talent based teams have to summon the mental strength to perform every game if they are going to win it all.

When adherence to the scheme/system, cohesiveness with the coaching staff, or whatever makes a team successful has ceased to function properly, it's time for a change. Hell even a coach applying the same systems can be a reboot for a team. What did Buffalo get with sticking with Ruff? Squat, nada, zip.

What I'm beginning to really dislike in hanging on to Claude beyond his expiration date, is it's making me not like guys like Soupy and Pie. I love to like those guys over the "stars" of the team. To me that's part of the Boston tradition of recent years (in my time frame). The Dimaios, Burridges, Taylors, Axelsons, are the guys you love to see succeed and be difference makers. When they're not (for reasons discussed ad infinitum here), they become scapegoats and whipping boys. I'm desperately trying not to hate players who are put in positions they are unable to excel at.

Take a guy like Soupy. He's royalty in recent hockey history. His lineage is unmistakable as his family's name was used for a conference for years. Agree or disagree with his family's influence on the league (expansion, the Richard suspension etc), it's sill history. Having Soupy retire as a Bruin (or at least not leave under these conditions), should be an interesting sidestory for an orginal six team in this era. He's skating or did skate like he had the weight of that history on this shoulders. With limited skills for this era he has scratched out an NHL career on shear effort. It's an great story that's being turned to crap, partly due to Claude. A man who played a total of 14 NHL games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad