Dont get me wrong??

OLD51JOHN

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
I like the coach... I like a lot of the team.. I dislike a lot of their contracts. I also know its Monday quarter backing.. But its Monday..I think that management is backed into a corner and doesn't know what to do..I don't either .. DO YOU ???

Last edited by a moderator:

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
I like the coach... I like a lot of the team.. I dislike a lot of thier contracts. I also know its monday quarter backing.. But its Monday..I think that management is backed into a cornerand doesnt know what to do..I dont either .. DO YOU ???

I don't like the coach, I believe all coaches have a shelf life and he should be gone after this year no matter what (unless they get to round 2)

Youth should get a chance instead of the old same guys, no matter what business/sport you are in, you make changes when things start to tank, if you don't then they fold like a cheap suit.

I like some of the team but there is too much dead weight.
Campbell, Paille, Smith, Chara, Seids.
Lucic has been inconsistent.

Sure some of them are 4th liners and some of them are hurt, but you pull your weight no matter what.

Team needs fresh blood as the 2011 team isn't cutting it anymore.

Not full rebuild but a few changes.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I like the coach... I like a lot of the team.. I dislike a lot of their contracts. I also know its Monday quarter backing.. But its Monday..I think that management is backed into a corner and doesn't know what to do..I don't either .. DO YOU ???

I think Chia deserves a chance to turn things around in the off-season.

I think Julien deserves a chance to come back with a little different lineup in place.

Not sure who is available but it seems a must to acquire a top 4 defenseman.

Big (contract) year for Lucic coming up.

remer

Oct 18, 2005

I think Julien deserves a chance to come back with a little different lineup in place.

I would give Chia one more year and see what he can do.

I think Julien needs to go. This team needs a new voice behind the bench.

Some big moves need to occur. The dead weight needs to go and most of them are Clode's boys.

since76

Jul 14, 2005
Quebec
How many time people will talk about need and change, chia will make change in summer, wait for deadline, trade at draft....bla bla bla bla bla bla.....clode and chia are doing NOTHING
why they would change this summer ?
After we will wait for first 20 games, find excuses, bla bla bla
Wait trade deadline they will say...bla bla bla
Clode and chia are large part of problems and not at all part of solutions

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
I don't like the coach, I believe all coaches have a shelf life and he should be gone after this year no matter what (unless they get to round 2)

Youth should get a chance instead of the old same guys, no matter what business/sport you are in, you make changes when things start to tank, if you don't then they fold like a cheap suit.

I like some of the team but there is too much dead weight.
Campbell, Paille, Smith, Chara, Seids.
Lucic has been inconsistent.

Sure some of them are 4th liners and some of them are hurt, but you pull your weight no matter what.

Team needs fresh blood as the 2011 team isn't cutting it anymore.

Not full rebuild but a few changes.

^
This

I would give Chia one more year and see what he can do.

I think Julien needs to go. This team needs a new voice behind the bench.

Some big moves need to occur. The dead weight needs to go and most of them are Clode's boys.

^
...and This

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
You deal Kelly. You let Campbell, Paille, and McQuaid walk. Peace out 2011 support crew. Thanks for the memories.

You run with the youthful 4th line we were promised this year.

You don't fire PC and Clode in a year where their #1C and #1D are injured most of the year.

PC has a lot of trade chips right now. You give him a chance to work it out.

But, if we are in the same situation half way through next year, clean house.

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
Unbelievable how many Bruins fans want to fire the Best GM and/or Best Coach this team has had in our lifetimes after literally their first sub-par season.

If your son/daughter brings home a report card with a C- on it, will you disown them?

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Unbelievable how many Bruins fans want to fire the Best GM and/or Best Coach this team has had in our lifetimes after literally their first sub-par season.

If your son/daughter brings home a report card with a C- on it, will you disown them?

Its Seguin and then Boychuk right when the season started and this whole season and this losing streak.

My brain knows better.

But I'm feeling pretty ****** about this team right now.

A couple wins and Krejci coming back will change the mood of this place a lot.

You know...as long as the Sens lose ever again.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
Getting 4.5 million in dead money back will sure help.

It's gonna blow some peoples minds, but both Chia and Clode will be back.

Maybe with a little taken off their leash.

Cut what fat you can.
Make a splash move.

I'd love to see Chara's real future replacement brought in. Dougie might be a nice, and even nicer, offensive defenseman in the future...but he's never going to be a lockdown defender. People are slowly letting that sink in.

Even though I'd love to really bring in that sniper, I couldn't rest until the top of the D is in good shape.
Right now it looks real thin, and thinner by the day...

I know we all want a lot of guys gone, but many are staying. That's life/reality.

I'd like to see them go somewhere in this direction:

Lucic-Krejci-Connolly
Marchand-Bergeron-Eriksson
Koko-Spooner-Pasta
Paille-Talbot-(physical player)
Ferlin

Chara/Seidenberg
Hamilton/(young defensive dman w/upside)
Miller/Krug
Morrow

Rask
(who ever)

Clode would have to go a bit out of his comfort zone.

High five Tom

Nov 11, 2012
I'm on the fence on chirelli and Julian. Wouldn't be against Julian going as maybe get lucky and sign Babcock. As for the players, chara,seids,Kelly,soderberg,Campbell,paille and possibly Loui need to go. Build then through free agency and trades. Get a nice fresh start.

MoreOrr

B4
Jun 20, 2006
Mexico
Chia pretty much got the team in this mess, with too many generous signings of Cup winners, and a couple of bad trades to boot. And now it's a situation that's not at all going to be easy to dig the team out of. If he can somehow ditch a few (2 or 3 at least) of the top-end salaries, then that'll give him some maneuver room to work with. Otherwise, he might actually be gone before this ultimately gets fixed. I'd imagine that he's got until sometime mid-next Season to show that he's getting the ship righted again.

I really want to see Lucic's salary gone, and Campbell's as well, and also Kelly's, and Yes, if possible even Chara's. But in that order... Dump and rebuild around the remaining. You could also add Eriksson to that list if his salary is to increase by anything more than a minimal amount on his next contract.

wetcamelfood

Aug 19, 2007
Even if Lucic lights it up next year I'd still be thinking "why couldn't you have done that before, you have to wait to a contract year to do it?". I know many players do this but there's plenty of cheap inconsistent, lazy, play when they feel like it, players out there they could get to fill this "role" if they so desired. Someone doesn't have to eat 6 mil off the cap to do this.

With Julien, it all boils down to their direction. If they want to stay with his style, they keep him. If they want to move to the speed, offensive stuff then they have to fire him. Not sure who to get to replace him, but he has his ways and it just wouldn't work with him trying to do that, if he even would in the first place.

On Chia, again, not sure who to get, but I don't want someone whining it's too hard to make trades and signing people out of loyalty, that gets you nowhere, it's a business, treat it like one. If someone isn't getting the job done on the ice, you replace them with who you think can. If he's the guy to actually do things then fine but if he feels Reilly Smith is the answer for the future then I'm doubtful he's the right one.

BsEuphoria

The Future
Sep 21, 2013
Getting 4.5 million in dead money back will sure help.

It's gonna blow some peoples minds, but both Chia and Clode will be back.

Maybe with a little taken off their leash.

Cut what fat you can.
Make a splash move.

I'd love to see Chara's real future replacement brought in. Dougie might be a nice, and even nicer, offensive defenseman in the future...but he's never going to be a lockdown defender. People are slowly letting that sink in.

Even though I'd love to really bring in that sniper, I couldn't rest until the top of the D is in good shape.
Right now it looks real thin, and thinner by the day...

I know we all want a lot of guys gone, but many are staying. That's life/reality.

I'd like to see them go somewhere in this direction:

Lucic-Krejci-Connolly
Marchand-Bergeron-Eriksson
Koko-Spooner-Pasta
Paille-Talbot-(physical player)
Ferlin

Chara/Seidenberg
Hamilton/(young defensive dman w/upside)
Miller/Krug
Morrow

Rask
(who ever)

Clode would have to go a bit out of his comfort zone.

This would be one way to get rid of Clode, because he'd have a freakin stroke.

Let's not forget, it took an injury to our 1C in DK to really get Spooner a legit look. There is no chance in hell he would be in there otherwise, which is just plain stupid at this point. Course we can't predict the future, but I"m glad right now I'm not seeing his talent in someone elses house.

And I want speed with some physicality to that 4th line, not a line that can't even forecheck anymore because they are slow and get hemmed in every chance they get.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

I don't think there is any chance Lucic plays out his contract in Boston.

They either resign him or trade him this summer

qc

Aug 23, 2011
Fire Cam now, Fire Chia now, and give Clode 25 games into next season to right the ship.

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
Just thinking out loud. If Julien goes, who are potential candidates, assuming Babs stays in Detroit? Crawford, Boucher, Carlyle.....Nobody else comes to mind right now. Does this team go with an established retread or a rookie?

As for GMs, I assume Shero and Sweeney are at the top of the list.

don

Aug 31, 2002
Nashua, NH
I have never criticized the management of the team before but I have become disillusioned with both Clode and Chia this year. As pointed out in other posts, Clode "refuses" to play the younger players because, IMO, he has no confidence in them. Chia has given to many expensive contracts and to many NTCs, plus he makes "little" trades that do nothing to help the team. IMO this years trades at the deadline were "panic trades" just so he could say he did something. Having said that, I have to agree it's time for them to go but that would not cure what ails this team. It will take a minor rebuild to get that done. Including moves that a lot of people won't like.

hoss75

Nov 8, 2008
Cambridge, MA

No, but they wouldn't be allowed the keys to the car.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Just thinking out loud. If Julien goes, who are potential candidates, assuming Babs stays in Detroit? Crawford, Boucher, Carlyle.....Nobody else comes to mind right now. Does this team go with an established retread or a rookie?

As for GMs, I assume Shero and Sweeney are at the top of the list.

I've read this quite a bit here, but why do people think Sweeney is a top candidate for GM?

bb74

Thanks for Everything Bill
Sep 24, 2003
Cuttyhunk
They fire Julien you might as well rebuild - almost all the guys on the roster have grown up with him and I think you would see a big rift in the room if they bring in a new coach after this year. Just a guess but this has been a tight group and they have purposely given up on guys that don't fit the mold - when a new coach comes in and starts giving more of a leash to some vs. others you will have a very interesting dynamic in the room (IMO).

They clearly need 2 top 4 D opening day next year. Two of Hamilton / Morrow / Krug / Bart need to go too IMO. They need to choose two of Spooner / Koko / Sodapop (I expect Soda to be traded) Smith has 25 games or is on the block, same for Lucic IMO. UFA's are let go, they will keep Kells IMO.

Major issue this offseason is the UFA pool is horrible so Chia needs to deal or we are in for another long season or two...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad