Post-Game Talk: Don't call it a comeback: Pens-5, Sens-3

deczola

Jan 21, 2015
Philadelphia, PA
Kunitz is the worse turnover machine in the NHL... from flubbed passes to bad reception of passes to just plain stupid passes he has been a possession killer. If he didnt play with sid he would be a minus 20 right now, plus he gets off the ice when teams are going the other way so it looks so much better on the stat sheet than he is in real life... less than 10% of nhl players play past 34. the majority of those dont play the rough game Kunitz did when he was a legit top 6 player for us... now he tries to play the Dupuis role while Hornqvist plays his old role... lets be real... he wont break 20 goals playing almost exclusively with sidney crosby... Matt Cullen will match his goals per minutes played with virtually no PP time and mostly playing on the third and forth line...

Defending Kunitz is a fools errand... most players are done by 36 and his hand eye is sorely lacking right now. it takes nothing from what he did for us for the majority of his career, but when a guy is done he is done... and Kunitz is a year past that

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nhl/stats/player-giveaways-statistic/2015/

After your first line I stopped reading. It's sorta like starting off a sentence saying 2 + 2 = 5

There is a link for NHL giveaways......sorta destroys your argument.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
How can someone complain about BBs TOs than say Kunitz is the pens best defensive winger, kunitz turns the puck over every other shift, watch a game. Kunitz is the WORST defensive winger on the team and is super lazy.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
Dan Girardi helped off the ice with a shoulder/collarbone injury it seemed. Huge if he is out.

to this game, I keep forgetting we will be getting Maatta back soon as well. unbelievable heart with this team.

Actually, you want him playing. Right now he's only slightly better than Scuderi.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Live in Vegas (will be at Aria sports book all weekend).

The people who lay the money on games due so with actual knowledge and every single non Penguins fan (and mostly Canadian) has Kunitz as our best defensive winger by far. I'll take the knowledge of people who make their living watching and betting sports laying $1,000's per week over the un-informed band wagon Penguins fan on this board who thinks hockey began in 2009.

(And no, I never bet regular season hockey. My money is made on European football mostly.)

That's just laughably untrue. Kunitz is just not the Pens best defensive winger. You're making a fool out of yourself with this post.

How is Kunitz a better defensive forward than Crosby, Bonino, Fehr, Cullen, Hagelin or Kuhnhackl?

deczola

Jan 21, 2015
Philadelphia, PA
Kunitz is the worse turnover machine in the NHL... from flubbed passes to bad reception of passes to just plain stupid passes he has been a possession killer. If he didnt play with sid he would be a minus 20 right now, plus he gets off the ice when teams are going the other way so it looks so much better on the stat sheet than he is in real life... less than 10% of nhl players play past 34. the majority of those dont play the rough game Kunitz did when he was a legit top 6 player for us... now he tries to play the Dupuis role while Hornqvist plays his old role... lets be real... he wont break 20 goals playing almost exclusively with sidney crosby... Matt Cullen will match his goals per minutes played with virtually no PP time and mostly playing on the third and forth line...

Defending Kunitz is a fools errand... most players are done by 36 and his hand eye is sorely lacking right now. it takes nothing from what he did for us for the majority of his career, but when a guy is done he is done... and Kunitz is a year past that

Actually read it all to be fair.

Done was Kovalev when he was here last (TB series). That is done, when you literally cannot play anymore. With your statement that his hands are bad and his skill is declining I agree with. He would be useless on a 4th line. His game revolves around checks, smart hockey, creating room for Sid and being smart on the D end.

deczola

Jan 21, 2015
Philadelphia, PA
Then You clearly aren't watching games, because kunitz blows. He's a reliability out here.

blows = Marcel Goc, Craig Adams, Tanner Glass and pretty much anyone we had on the 3rd and almost everyone we had on the 4th line the past 4 years or so sans this season

The over statements here are too much.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
We don't need to overcomplicate it or put all our eggs in the L1 basket by putting Geno on the wing.

Just get Kunitz the **** off that line. It's plain as day.

Problem with that is, he probably ends up playing with Geno.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
blows = Marcel Goc, Craig Adams, Tanner Glass and pretty much anyone we had on the 3rd and almost everyone we had on the 4th line the past 4 years or so sans this season

The over statements here are too much.

Goc didnt blow.....

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
http://www.sportingcharts.com/nhl/stats/player-giveaways-statistic/2015/

After your first line I stopped reading. It's sorta like starting off a sentence saying 2 + 2 = 5

There is a link for NHL giveaways......sorta destroys your argument.

Obviously you didnt read what i wrote... takeaways and giveaways are totaslly subjective... if a player makes five passes that end up on the other temas stick one or at most two will be called a giveaway for them... kunitz touching the puck then the other team getting possession is a common occurrence, as has been pointed out over and over in many advanced stat threads. he completely kills possessions and to argue otherwise is idiotic. he may fail to control a perfect pass, or make a ridiculous pass that no one can take... or even worse miss the net on a wide open shot and let the rebound go the other way/... Kunitz is a 36 year old has been.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
Dumoulin's pinch on the game tying goal needs more love.

Edit: or was it the winner? Eh, Swedish goals all look the same to me.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I bet large amounts of money on sports, and I'm fairly confident in saying that no bookmaker gives a **** about Chris Kunitz

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Actually read it all to be fair.

Done was Kovalev when he was here last (TB series). That is done, when you literally cannot play anymore. With your statement that his hands are bad and his skill is declining I agree with. He would be useless on a 4th line. His game revolves around checks, smart hockey, creating room for Sid and being smart on the D end.

Kunitz could probably get by on a checking line... but watch Sid between Sheary and Bennet and him between Kunitz and Hornqvist and see the total difference in how teams play them... Kunitz is the only one constantly uncovered in that group... and its not because of veteran savvy and him finding holes... its like scuderi... teams simply have decided he is the least threat to actually do anything on the ice and they need to double sid, so someone has to be uncovered...

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Anyways... All goofy weird stuff aside, I thought that pinch was Cole, Zen. Whoever it was, definitely started the play.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I'm still waiting to see how Kunitz is a better defensive forward than Hagelin, Bonino, Fehr, Cullen, Kuhnhackl or Crosby.

Because of his ghg/60, lexi and swg. Duh.

To be honest, I'd just be happy with getting him the hell off Crosby's line at this point.

I... Yeah. I'd take that back within 1 game but not having to see the consequences right now, I'd say that.

I bet large amounts of money on sports, and I'm fairly confident in saying that no bookmaker gives a **** about Chris Kunitz

You're not playing the system, bro. Go to Vegas and learn the true art of playing the losers on the other side.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad