Management Don Sweeney

bruinshoper

Sponsor
Jan 20, 2011
I can't find the recent Sweeney thread. But I have to say, I know that there was a public relations giant mistake earlier this year, but...

Don Sweeney is the best GM in the NHL, and in my view it's not even close. Good lord he is absolutely killing it with the trades, contracts, and non-trades (Debrusk for example). I think it's time for all of us to give this guy (And team) his well deserved accolades. The Bruins might not win the cup this year, because anything can happen in the playoffs...but anyone who points the finger at management for blame is off their rocker in my view.

Sweeney and Co., in my books you've already won the trade deadline...even if you're not actually done. I can't believe the deal they made with the caps....absolutly AWESOME!!! A+++

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Every deadline he just does something that shouldn't be possible and has gotten the best defenseman on the market two years in a row. There have been times I thought he wasn't the right person to lead the way (last summer I think a lot of us were ready for a total house cleaning in the front office), but he's just proven us wrong time and again.

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019
Ngl I used to hate him. Last couple of seasons have been incredible though.

Sorry for doubting.

Reactions: Gordoff

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I'll reserve judgement until July

1677196642164.png

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
What's interesting is if we win the cup, Pasta kind of has less reason to chase another one elsewhere. Sweeney going meta here in a way.

Reactions: Trizz617

inactive user

Aug 20, 2020
Not the greatest at drafting but man can he ever swing a trade. Only deals that look bad in hindsight are the Kase/Nash deals.

Reactions: Gordoff

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
We had 6 first round picks between 2015-18

Just pretend these guys where all 1st rounders…people would call Sweeney a great drafter

DeBrusk- 1st line talent
Carlo- top 4 D, elite shutdown man
McAvoy- Norris trophy worthy
Lindgren- Top 4 D
Frederic- 3rd line talent
Swayman- high end #1 Goalie

Drafting McAvoy who is the 2nd best player from the 2016 draft class

Completely made up for the miss on Zboril and Seny

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Every deadline he just does something that shouldn't be possible and has gotten the best defenseman on the market two years in a row. There have been times I thought he wasn't the right person to lead the way (last summer I think a lot of us were ready for a total house cleaning in the front office), but he's just proven us wrong time and again.
Some view Chychrun as best but I get your drift.I think Donny has really really made up for 2015 and earned his keep.Go Boston !! :stanley:

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
If the bruins win the cup. Does that make Don Sweeney the best Bruin ever?

Has this man’s entire career not been in Boston? From undersized defender to building what could be the greatest salary cap team ever?

Mister Harvard himself. Drafted in a round only baby boomers have heard of. 1000+ games bruins legend. And now what could be the best built salary cap team ever. Am I crazy? Or if this is a dynasty team. That makes him the all time greatest Bruin.
1C12B802-7793-4C2F-A778-3E9024C46A57.png

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Summer 2022: If Bergeron doesn’t return we are screwed at center, it’s going to be a long season, Marchand hurt, McAvoy too.

March 2nd 2023: Sweeney is the top GM in the NHL right now. Cup or bust

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad