Management Don Sweeney media call - 3/10/21

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Team health isn't Sweeney's fault either. Still won't be on him. If anything, I've been impressed with how well the defence played right up until the tipping point of McAvoy's injury. The position wasn't ignored - it's deep. But it's the top four that's taken the hit and no team can dominate when that's the case.

Rask I'm worried about too. But there again... Halak, Vladar, Swayman. There are options and good ones. Can't blame Sweeney for that.

I'm rambling, but point being... When (if) the Bruins get relatively healthy, they're set.

It's not on Sweeney, agree. It's just every so often you get a year when the injury bug just won't subside. 2000 was an example. 2010 would be another.

Reactions: BMC

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
I don't think, even healthy, the Bruins are better than the Islanders. If they lose to NY I don't think it's necessarily an indictment on Bruce.
Not meant to be an indictment. We don't know right now "if" they lost, why.

Besides, I disagree that this Bruins team healthy isn't better than the Islanders. Strongly, in fact

Reactions: BruinsPortugal

member 96824

I still want to see a LHD before I'm comfortable saying "Don gave it everything he had to maximize winning with Bergeron, Krejci, Rask, Marchand"

Walking into the playoffs with your left side being some combo of Gryz-Reilly-Lauzon-Zboril doesn't pass the smell test of being enough to win 16 games.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
I still want to see a LHD before I'm comfortable saying "Don gave it everything he had to maximize winning with Bergeron, Krejci, Rask, Marchand"

Walking into the playoffs with your left side being some combo of Gryz-Reilly-Lauzon-Zboril doesn't pass the smell test of being enough to win 16 games.
Tinordi is in there too

I don't know... I've seen teams - Bruins teams - with worse defences and certainly ones far more shallow do very well in the playoffs

Or maybe I just like Grzelcyk/Lauzon more than most?

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I’ve convinced myself that this is Sweeney•s Horton deal and the Bruins are winning the cup
man do I love your optimism. No doubt the B`s are better today than yesterday, not sold they have enough to make a deep run but hope I`m proved wrong

Wonder if Sweeney is done now for trades?

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
Tinordi is in there too

I don't know... I've seen teams - Bruins teams - with worse defences and certainly ones far more shallow do very well in the playoffs

Or maybe I just like Grzelcyk/Lauzon more than most?
Bruins need a guy who can play 20+ minutes - they only have one defenceman averaging 20+ minutes a night. Granted, Grzelcyk would probably be if not for injuries.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Seriously at this point is anyone convinced that Gryz can make it through a entire playoff run without getting hurt?

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
No, and he won't.

I'm not even trying to be mean or funny but in all honestly, I can't ever remember seeing a player hunched over in pain on the bench more in one season than we've seen from Gryz this year.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Seriously at this point is anyone convinced that Gryz can make it through a entire playoff run without getting hurt?
unfortunately no, it`s one of those things that is simply not his fault, with his size, or lack of, it`s going to happen

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I'm not even trying to be mean or funny but in all honestly, I can't ever remember seeing a player hunched over in pain on the bench more in one season than we've seen from Gryz this year.
Even if he IS healthy, he will be hesitant, which is not good at all, haha.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad