Management Don Sweeney III

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I doubt Seattle will take backes in the expansion draft when John Moore or gryz will be sitting there.

No they'd take him and an asset in a trade though.

They don't want to meet the cap floor with bad contracts unless they are 1 year deals.

I don't think we can move him this offseason without giving up our first rounder to do so.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Have to admit, was hard on Sweeney at the beginning of the season for taking risks on the 2015 draft....

But overall he deserves credit for rebuilding the team we see today...

Kuhlman looks like a top notch rookie FA signing. Halak, Moore, Wagner and Nordstrom signings all didn't cost alot and have provided impact for the team

Coyle and Mojo were good pickups via trades (didn't give up a 1st). Inject much needed skill into the lineup

Feeling more confident going into the playoffs this time around

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Some final numbers:

Final cap hit: $76,665,895

Final cap space : $2,834,105

Performance bonuses: $2,912,500 (potential to be less once playoffs are finished - and league confirms stats)

Potential carry over to next season: $78,395

All those "warnings" throughout the season of a cap crunch because of performance bonuses was - put simply - a waste of time.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I wouldn't
and if they get eliminated it's on the players not Sweeney,best Bruins team since 2013 imo

yes but is it maxed out as a best regular season team

Toronto Maple Leafs might be a mediocre regular season team but definitely have another gear for the playoffs

Having Trent Frederic, JFKs of the world might be good for the regular season. But can they rise up the challenge and excel in the playoffs

Look I'm not saying they can't.... it's an unknown

but what we do know dating back to the last playoffs is that the Bruins seem to have problems scoring 5 vs 5, especially in the playoffs. Less bailout by the whistle to go on the PP

Reactions: Strafer

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
I wouldn't
and if they get eliminated it's on the players not Sweeney,best Bruins team since 2013 imo

2014 was better.

That was a huge missed opportunity for a Cup that year.

Only silver lining over that abysmal loss to a weak Habs team that got decimated the next round was that they moved couple spots in the draft and selected Pasta.

If they lose this year to anyone but TB, will also be a huge miss opportunity.

Reactions: Strafer

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
2014 was better.

That was a huge missed opportunity for a Cup that year.

Only silver lining over that abysmal loss to a weak Habs team that got decimated the next round was that they moved couple spots in the draft and selected Pasta.

If they lose this year to anyone but TB, will also be a huge miss opportunity.
2014 was a good team

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
You dont need to be Nostradamus to look backwards.
When I look back I draft Gadreau and Guentzel in the second round. I’m not very good looking forward but give me a list of later round draft picks and a stats page and I am money.

When the NHL goes to revisionist drafting some people around here are going lining up for jobs.:laugh:

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
When I look back I draft Gadreau and Guentzel in the second round. I’m not very good looking forward but give me a list of later round draft picks and a stats page and I am money.

When the NHL goes to revisionist drafting some people around here are going lining up for jobs.:laugh:

Im still pissed about not taking Bellows over Kluzak.
But for ffs Im not wailing on it for years. It starts to sound like a baby crying on a cross Atlantic flight.

Reactions: 00BW and ThomasJ13
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad