Management Don Sweeney explains why Bruce Cassidy was fired and a rebuild is possible - UNEDITED

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Cassidy had to go….this guy has had a lot of success in the play-offs…he’s had lots of success…he’s a players coach….exactly what a few guys needed. Sounds like you think he was better than Cassidy, thanks for clearing it up, he obviously isn’t in the same stratosphere as a coach at least yet.
Let’s see, since Cassidy was canned
1. Bergeron returning
2. Possibility Krecji returns
3. Debrusk wants to stay
I would like to know Carlo’s take on Cassidy losing his job
I’ll say it again Cassidy’s shelf life was up
Also classless on Cassidy’s part to say I wasn’t told at my meeting they were going to fire me
Who gets a heads up they are losing their job

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
average time of contract for a Cassidy stay was three years+, not 6 going on 7, and it was also the contract at the end of 2023/24 was up.... posters forget Cassidy was elevated from Providence when Claude was jettisoned (same MO as when discussing Leach prior to hire by SEA)

We didn't forget this because it's wrong. Cassidy was promoted from Providence to an assistant in Boston under Claude. He then took on the interim tag after they fired Julien, only being named the full-time head coach after the season.

Also, when you take two numbers and throw the average at us it's completely meaningless.

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
1. Bergeron returning
3. Debrusk wants to stay
Also classless on Cassidy’s part to say I wasn’t told at my meeting they were going to fire me

He was told by the GM he'd be back next season. Telling the truth isn't classless.

blackhawkbruin

Jul 8, 2016
1. Bergeron returning
3. Debrusk wants to stay
Let's not forget that Cassidy fired Dean than 1 week later Cassidy gets fired. Speculation was that Dean was tired of Cassidy's antics and called him out on it. If true, a questionable move by Dean.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I think people just assumed it was Carlo because he was from Colorado. Some in the media saw it on HF Boards and ran with it. Elliotte Friedman squashed the Carlo idea.

Wasn't the first time some in the media got their news from HF Boards.

Most likely lol

I’m waiting for the GM messed up posts not trading Carlo for Landeskog- I may have missed it

There is fire Doug Armstrong thread in December 2018 on Blues board and demanding he blow it up

In fairness they were last overall which Is a lot different then first overall wanting to trade Krug

The trade Krug at the deadline in 2020 is easily the dumbest thing I’ve ever read on HF - insane

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I remember that rumor a couple years ago, and I remember thinking at the time Carlo would be the more valuable player lol.
I can’t confirm from anyone with first hand account that the Cassidy & Dean long term relationship end was over Carlo But I’ve had a member here privately it contributed greatly

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I can’t confirm from anyone with first hand account that the Cassidy & Dean long term relationship end was over Carlo But I’ve had a member here privately it contributed greatly

I partially blame Cassidy for Carlo, Mac, and Gryz getting injured a lot. His close gap D scheme meant if they had to turn and get a puck in the corner, the forwards were right on them and they were getting croaked against the end boards.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I partially blame Cassidy for Carlo, Mac, and Gryz getting injured a lot. His close gap D scheme meant if they had to turn and get a puck in the corner, the forwards were right on them and they were getting croaked against the end boards.
Bingo - people are sleeping on Montgomery which is crazy. When I was with @PlayMakers he was telling me how he went back and watched Dallas games and went over how they played coverages and he was impressed

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad